Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Liar Lyre posted:

I remember seeing a clip on botchamania with Cole and Foley commenting on a real cruddy match. Kinda like MST3K. What was the context of it?

It may have been something from the 1980 Shea Stadium show, which they did new commentary for a while back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NutShellBill
Dec 4, 2004
I AM SPUTNIK'S PARACHUTE ACCOUNT

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I took a picture with Jerry Lynn once when I was about 18. He signed it afterwards, which was awful nice, considering I had literally just dropped the X Division title on his foot (which, no poo poo, he sold, albeit jokingly).

The lesson here is Jerry Lynn is an unfailingly nice guy.

Is that you, little bro? Because my brother did the exact same thing with the same title. And yes, Jerry Lynn is an amazingly nice dude.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

CombineThresher posted:

It may have been something from the 1980 Shea Stadium show, which they did new commentary for a while back.

That's the one where Jr forgets the match is 2/3 falls right? Funny stuff.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Yup. Sounds right. It's outside and some guys just kinda stroll up to the ring from the field.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Did they change the order of the subforums in SAS or something? I am suddenly clicking Ray Parlour every time instead of PSP, like they switched spots from what I'm instinctively used to clicking.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

One of the subforums appears to have been deleted. I believe there were 5, now there's 4.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

triplexpac posted:

Did they change the order of the subforums in SAS or something? I am suddenly clicking Ray Parlour every time instead of PSP, like they switched spots from what I'm instinctively used to clicking.

They got rid of Poker in the Rear.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Sweeney Tom posted:

One of the subforums appears to have been deleted. I believe there were 5, now there's 4.

Makes sense. Also, a little distressing that I have muscle memory from posting on here.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

LordPants posted:

Also, Hogan / Warrior was super rehearsed, and shows.

If that's true, they probably should've invited Hebner.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

triplexpac posted:

Makes sense. Also, a little distressing that I have muscle memory from posting on here.

Oh thank god. I thought I was losing it whenever the wrong subforum kept coming up.

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Sep 4, 2012

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Frot Lesnar posted:

They got rid of Poker in the Rear.

So it goes :(

I keep doing the same thing though.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

triplexpac posted:

I've been doing and thinking the same thing.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

triplexpac posted:

PITR has been absorbed by Traditional Games.

Thank you MMA and boxing posters for keeping us unannexed by TVIV.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Has there been any dirtsheet talk about Cody Rhodes at all? I feel like he's taken a huge step back in his career since he was wearing the mask.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

jscolon2.0 posted:

Thank you MMA and boxing posters for keeping us unannexed by TVIV.

Where we aren't allowed to mention anything we've read in dirtsheets until it's aired on TV, and every gameday thread has be posted in Kayfabe?

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

triplexpac posted:

Has there been any dirtsheet talk about Cody Rhodes at all? I feel like he's taken a huge step back in his career since he was wearing the mask.

I haven't heard anything. It's more indicative of how they treat mid-carders. I think he feuded with Big Show earlier this year, and that seems to be a big momentum-killer for almost anyone.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Cody was doing fine. Dashing took him out of the midcard, then the mask, then he lost the awesome feud with Randy Orton. He kept on as IC champion, lost it to Big Show, regained it, lost it to a returning Christian, and THEN he was off TV for 4 months.

He easily could've lost it to Big Show (or prior to their Wrestlemania feud) and gotten in after Sheamus/Bryan, even during the CM Punk/AJ/Kane thing, instead of 14 years of Del Rio can't beat Sheamus.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

After his feud with Orton it felt like he was the next guy they were going to bump up to the main event, but well. Stop-start pushes make fools of us all.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Tyma posted:

Where we aren't allowed to mention anything we've read in dirtsheets until it's aired on TV

Sounds awesom-

Tyma posted:

, and every gameday thread has be posted in Kayfabe?

Nevermind :smith:

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Haha wait, was that seriously how things were in the TVIV?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

triplexpac posted:

They have absurdly strict spoiler policies and stuff yeah, but the live show watching threads aren't really any worse than they are in here.

The discussion afterwards is generally much, much worse there though so theres that!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

FishBulb posted:

They have absurdly strict spoiler policies and stuff yeah, but the live show watching threads aren't really any worse than they are in here.

The discussion afterwards is generally much, much worse there though so theres that!

The Breaking Bad thread is incredible. During the show it is fine but 5 minutes after an episode ends it goes to complete poo poo.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

bobkatt013 posted:

The every thread is incredible. During the show it is fine but 5 minutes after an episode ends it goes to complete poo poo.

Yeah, thats what I meant.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Every went to complete poo poo when they dropped One.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

triplexpac posted:

There was once a multi-page argument in TVIV about whether the amount of road salt on a car seen in The Office was realistic for that time of the year in Scranton, Pennsylvania.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

If you never had the misfortune of following the Lost thread while the show was on, you have no idea of how bad TVIV can get.

although The Office thread is pretty goddamn legendary, too, as sg noted above.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

nasboat posted:

If you never had the misfortune of following the Lost thread while the show was on, you have no idea of how bad TVIV can get.

although The Office thread is pretty goddamn legendary, too, as sg noted above.

Are you telling me that Shannon was stabbed or was she shot with time traveling bullets on the local and she aquitt and had Mikes voice?

No matter how bad some threads get here they have not reached the deaphs of some TVIV threads

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Sep 7, 2012

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

I had to acquit the Office thread about six months before acquitting the show itself.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

bobkatt013 posted:

Are you telling me that Shannon was stabbed or was she shot with time traveling bullets on the local and she aquitt and had Mikes voice?

No matter how bad some threads get here they have not reached the deaphs of some TVIV threads

There was one point in the Lost threads where if you dared to post about the 10 second preview they showed during the credits, you would almost instantly get a month long probation for spoilers.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

There was one point in the Lost threads where if you dared to post about the 10 second preview they showed during the credits, you would almost instantly get a month long probation for spoilers.

Good times good times. Also there is the Game of Thrones and Walking Dead thread

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
To be fair, the Game of Thrones book thread is worse. :smug:

There was a huge derail in the Breaking Bad thread about the wrong model car appearing or something, because they made an bin Laden Joke. Honestly :iiam:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

50% of TVIV posters are people who don't care about the show they're posting about and just watch to point out stupid poo poo like a .3 sec flash of a Coke logo or the realism of something that's entirely fictitious and sperg about it for 10 pages.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

sportsgenius86 posted:

50% of TVIV posters are people who don't care about the show they're posting about and just watch to point out stupid poo poo like a .3 sec flash of a Coke logo or the realism of something that's entirely fictitious and sperg about it for 10 pages.

So what you're saying is that the old Wrestlehut would fit in just fine?

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

triplexpac posted:

The current Wrestlehut would also fit in just fine.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
Bring back the Dreams About Wrestling thread

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

triplexpac posted:

If you tripled the participants and made them all about 1000x less willing to hear an opposite opinion.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Diabolik900 posted:

I had to acquit the Office thread about six months before acquitting the show itself.

:golfclap:

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

I once put something about the next episode preview in spoiler tags and got probated for it.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Little Mac posted:

I once put something about the next episode preview in spoiler tags and got probated for it.

Makes me appreciate our little bubble here. I don't really go to many other places on the board.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

bobkatt013 posted:

Good times good times. Also there is the Game of Thrones and Walking Dead thread

The Game of Thrones threads are good now. In my dreams :smith:

But oh god, nothing can compare to the speed with which the Revolution thread turned to pure poo poo. We could be worse, PSP, we could be worse :gonk: