Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Cage Kicker posted:

What are you talking about? HHH didn't have a match at Wrestlemania XX, the show ended after Undertaker v Kane
surely you're forgetting his epic match against hbk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
While trying to see if I had the gif of Sandman fan (I didn't), I did find these:

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
I don't know if Morrison ever kneed anyone in the face with it, but in this clip, he clearly mashes Tyson Kidd's face with his abs.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Halloween Jack posted:

How do you know you have a strong neck unless you spike your head a few times to weed out the weak ones?
this is probably the test that determines dojo graduates

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

CombineThresher posted:

Another factor in Benoit going insane was the fact that two of his very good friends (Eddie Guerrero and Johnny Grunge) died, and he was a middle-aged guy whose career was winding down. Even without the steroids and CTE, he would have been a powder keg, though maybe not to the same degree.
Is it true that if the murder-suicide didn't happen, Benoit was gonna be taken down by heart/brain problems within 1-2 years anyway?

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Gavok posted:

Does anyone know where I can find the gameday thread for the 2007 WWE Hall of Fame? It's the one where they inducted Dusty Rhodes and I'm interested in looking back at everyone's initial reactions to Cody.

I seem to recall at least one, "Give this kid a contract!" post.
Here:

Neodoomium posted:

Someone hire that kid! Look at the promo skills!

Freebird Hayes posted:

It's like if Miz wasn't terrible.

Eugene Jerome posted:

That's Cody?

Brian Pillman's "THAT'S MY LOVE CHILD" Cody?

Really?

Chop Licker posted:

Cody is in OVW huh? Kid can go on the mic. :)

Ayn Frank posted:

Does this Cody guy wrestle too?

edit: Whoa, he's signed, crazy.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
Ooooh, here's an interesting flashback question w/ detailed responses to it if you click back:

Lamuella from Feb 2011 posted:

Would it actually be possible for a wrestling company to genuinely compete with WWE at a national / international level these days? If so, if this isn't too nerdy a fantasy booking question, what would a company have to do to compete?

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
Is there a definitive list of pro wrestlers who have tested positive for and/or admitted to steroid, HGH, or other PED use?

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
gently caress off with this poo poo, i'm being serious

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Cavauro posted:

Scott Steiner and Triple H are confirmed given that steiner got into WWE without testing by telling them to test Triple H and him together or not at all. road warrior animal admitted it, as did sting and the ultimate warrior. there's no definitive list, but every serious wrestler and most enhancement talent in WWF before 1993 were on it, and there's no reason not to believe the same for everywhere else. i suspect you want a good source for a good reason but as for you, frick the hell off yourself, Coaaabauro, my damned brother
Yes I would like a list of pro wrestlers who have either 1) tested positive for a banned substance (not recreational drugs) or 2) admitted at least once that they took something in an interview or biography. No I don't want the wrestlers who 1) never said a word about their use even though their back looked like a cobblestone road and 2) snitched on other wrestlers doing that stuff, especially if they didn't admit it themselves. My reasons aren't really good at all, I just wanted to know if there was a wrestling fan anal enough to compile a list of this information, and if not, a "no" would have been fine. But "hurr hurr every wrestler ever was roiding" is just a useless, unhelpful comment when I wanted a real answer.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

rujasu posted:

Yes, but I can understand being curious about who all has fessed up and/or been caught doing so

Actually now I'm wondering about it myself, I would read the heck out of a wiki list w/ references saying who fessed up, denied, refused to comment, or got caught - yes I am a nerd
See, this is why I wanted a better answer: the joke response cuts off any further inquiry, eveyone laughs and moves on (which can be fine!). But then the one other wrestling nerd who may have had pertinent information doesn't want to speak up anymore because the consensus is that it was stupid question in the first place.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Pinche Rudo posted:

All the steroid hand wringing in the US is hilarious when you look at Mexico. Steroids are legal, you can get like four or five different kinds at your local pharmacy. Esfinge, a CMLL luchador is sponsored by a steroid company.

That being said steroids have some nasty side effects even if used under proper medical supervision
Thank you, that's actually something I did not know about before now and would definitely make me modify the underlying premise of my original question. Are there other nations that treat PED use like this and would that make America's handwringing the outlier?

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Good luck on your quest!
ty, a lot of good people have already been doing the work for me itt, so it’s been a great start

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

MassRafTer posted:

boring long HHH style main events
Ooh, new question: Which active wrestlers today could work an NWA cosplay match (the kind that Triple H only thinks he's paying tribute to) and actually have it both be good & get over?