Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

FishBulb posted:

I thought that whole thing was made up, or was it just one specific quote that was made up, I don't remember but I remember something being made up.

I remember this as well. It was a faked excerpt leaked before the book came out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

ColeM posted:

I've read both Bret's and Shawn's books and from the way it looks according to them, everyone, and I mean everyone respects the Undertaker. He's the guy to go to if you want an opinion on something. You need to have his respect if you want to last in the company. As gay as this sounds, he's like the grand-daddy of the locker room. He's been in the business so long that everyone respects him and he can come and go as he pleases. It's not like he's going to the competition(he's been with the wwe since his debut, through good times and bad times), he's old now. Also, he is still a big draw for the company and he's apparently a pretty cool guy once you get to know him.

If you're leaving the company for personal reasons, I guess that would be fine. But if you leave on bad terms with Vince and the locker room than it would be hard to come back.

I assume you mean he has stayed with the company since his WWE debut since he was in WCW for a cup of coffee.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

"Alex Wright pinned Johnny Swinger. Swinger is Canadian and Wright is German. Crowd chanted USA"

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

Deranged Hermit posted:

You know which new ref I like now? That skinny black guy. Skinny black guy owns.

Teddy Long?

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

The Taker segment on Smackdown was hilarious and I'm trying to think of other times people have being kidnapped in limos, ambulances and other automobiles. Of the top of my head, I can think of:

Undertaker and Steph
Kane and Shane
Kane and Lita (or was it Matt Hardy?)
Kane and Paul Bearer by DX
Cactus Jack by DX

Can anyone think of any more?

not sure if this fits but the time dx showed up on raw in a limo and owen dives through the roof and they drive off.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

grody but still def posted:

you know looking back, the DX vs Owen feud was some good stuff

unfortunately they had owen do the "look how tough i am when i snarl" face aka the diego sanchez.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

The Goog posted:

During the Katie Vick feud, Kane kidnapped Triple H and drove off with him in a limo.

Wasn't this the one where he threw him in the trunk of the car but the trunk wouldn't shut so HHH had to reach up and hold it down in view of the camera?

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

sexy_trash posted:

We all know the attitude-era ended at Wrestlemania 17, its a well known smarky internet fact.

A good question is when the attitude-era began?

Pillman has a gun?
Austin 3:16 at king of the ring?
USA vs. Canada?
Montreal Screwjob '97?
Or the night Shawn Michaels teamed with Triple H to take on the Undertaker and Mankind, and DX soon followed?

FRUSTRATED? FRUSTRATED ISN'T THE GODDAMN WORD FOR IT! THIS IS BULLSHIT!

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

reality_groove posted:

That was the Maestro right? I remember him feuding with Ernest Miller about whether Miller could bring James Brown to WCW. Then James Brown showed up out of the blue on PPV and everyone danced.

This being WCW they spent hundreds of thousands on getting James Brown to show up and then didn't bother promoting that he would show up because nobody thought that he would.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

Incendiary Pig posted:

So what was the whole story behind Mr. America? Did everyone know that Hogan was Mr. America? Was Mr. America supposed to be like a total gimmick change for Hogan?

HULK HOGAN WAS MISTER AMERICA? :psyduck:

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

PeteRoseHaircut posted:

That lie detector bit was one of the worst things I've ever seen.

That lie detector bit was awesome just for Scott Keith hating it and then loving it when someone pointed out to him it was from the Simpsons who shot mr burns episode.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

ultimateforce posted:

Ok this might be FILES but I am willing to risk it. Does anyone have this episode of Smackdown? I know, it's a bit of a stretch.

http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/results/smackdown/030612.html

I was in the 3rd row for this taping and I want to see my handsome face on video again.

This is WH2K. You wanna be in a video then go rob a liquor store.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

The Croc posted:

And thats why he isn't Booker T, hes Booker t!

Just don't call him booker because then everybody in the back would hate him!

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

Twin Cinema posted:

I have always had this question, yet never found a sufficient answer. Why does Hornswoggle have poo poo on his face?

Because he is shanty Irish.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

Beeswax posted:

Is there a name for that move Mr perfect used to do where he'd vault over a seated opponent to drag their head forward into the mat? The one Ziggler broke out on this week's Smackdown.

Snapmare

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I'm in for secret santa even though I have no money until mid January. gently caress being a student again.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

For people who want something for them and their santa highspots has a 10 action figures for $30 grab bag going on now.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

HorseHeadBed posted:

I'm probably not the first to ask this, but I've always wondered why the main event of Wrestlemania VIII wasn't Ric Flair v Hogan? Surely it was a dream match and a licence to print money, so why have them on the same card and not face each other ? Has Vince ever justified the decision or is there any indication as to the thinking?

According to Meltzer in the classic observers iirc the match was given a test run at house shows in the summer and it was so terribly received that McMahon didn't want it as a main event because he felt it couldn't draw.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

Apropos of nothing watching the 1991 rumble when Heenan says "now we're off to Jack "On the take" Tunney always makes me crack up. I am watching this because I decided to use my tax refund to get Rumble tickets this year.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

Iskanderson posted:

So, besides Sheamus, who else has won a world title on their first try? I'm pretty sure Kane and Goldberg have, and the Rock, if you want to count the Survivor Series tournament.

The Ultimate Warrior.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I am going to Royal Rumble in Atlanta this year. I want to start some poo poo rumors while standing in line to get in about who mystery entrants are in the rumble. Any suggestions?

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

Ziggy Tsardust posted:

We need believable yet not going to happen. Jeff Hardy.

I was thinking of starting a Ric Flair rumor but that's brilliant!

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

Matt Cruea posted:

As an Atlanta resident who is also going to the Rumble, I'd gladly start spreading these rumors a week or so early!

GOON MEET! I am driving up that Friday and going to Abdullah the butcher's restaurant.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

dusty udder smoker posted:

dudleys.

dudleyz

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

MassRayPer posted:

Ric Flair can be a consortium by himself because all of his wives and ex wives are part of it.

MVP and Booker T would be an ex-consortium.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

Shadow225 posted:

Speaking of Flair, why is he the Nature Boy, and where did WOOOOO come from?

It's in one of the extras to his wwe collections. He attributed it to Jerry Lee Lewis' Great Balls of Fire as he was finishing a promo and had that song in his head and just goes WOO!

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

Rusty Shackelford posted:

Fun Fact - At one point, Jim Cornette pegged Bob Holly as the guy to carry SMW.

How I originally read the post.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

ThatCguy posted:

No mention of Glacier?

I know! That's pretty cold blooded.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

PeteRoseHaircut posted:

Someone brought up Orlando Jordan and statutory rape in the Impact thread.

Does anyone have any additional information on that?

Allegedly he was fired from WWE for bringing his underage boyfriend to shows despite very strong warnings that doing so would get him fired.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

oldpainless posted:

Well, I guess (Iron Sheik is) behind Steamboat and Snuka then. But still a respectable length.

Out of context this is hilarious.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

MassRayPer posted:

Vince has always been a body building fanatic, and saw an opening to bully the body building companies of the time and take over the market with a slicker more WWF-like presentation. Plus he saw it as a chance to sell lots of supplements and make money that way.

Mr. Perfect wanted to help his son with some ICO-PRO supplements before a Pop Warner playoff football game. He got so sick he poo poo his pants on the field.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

Rusty Shackelford posted:

I know this is a subjective question, but what is the worst "Match of the Year" when you look back on it?

I'm going to say that Mankind/Undertaker Hell in a Cell match from the 1998 King of the Ring, winner of PWI's 1998 match of the year.

That match was so overrated. It was two spots and a lot of standing around with maybe 5-10 minutes of actual wrestling which was terrible.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

Dago Moustache posted:

Considering Undertaker was wrestling with a broken foot and Mankind had, what, pneumonia? I remember he said he was sick in his book, it makes sense in some ways that Foley would choose to plan it like that.

I'm not critiquing the plan; I'm critiquing the choice as MOTY when there wasn't much wrestling, let alone great wrestling in the match.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

oldpainless posted:

What would you have chosen as MOTY then? HITC will be forever famous because of the Holy poo poo factor and if you ever want to "impress" someone with pro wrestling, I'd show that one. But I understand its not the best wrestling of the year. But I'm having a hard time recalling any great matches from '98 to be honest. Maybe the Austin/Dude Love match where Austin counts the pin with Vince's hand?

Austin Foley from Over The Edge where you had Patterson as announcer and Briscoe as timekeeper and Vince as guest ref was awesome.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

KungFu Grip posted:

Seeing as this is the first TNA PPV Hogan has been on I was wondering what was the first WCW PPV he was on? I'm mostly asking because I didn't follow WCW a lot when it was originally on.

Ric Flair Bash at the Beach 94.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

What wrestler would you say my posting correlates to? Jerusalem is poster of the year so I would say he is Chris Jericho or John Cena. I am trying to find out if I am WH2K's JTTS.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

LividLiquid posted:

What's JTTS? I keep seeing that acronym around here.

Jobber to the Stars. Basically a guy that was higher than Jobber status but lower than midcard.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

What music was playing in CM Punk The Final Chapter after Miseria Cantare when he finally makes his way to the ring?

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

HulkaMatt posted:

Night Train.

HulkaMatt for mod of my <3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

Last Call posted:

Speaking of Legacy's music. The new WWE CD just landed on the digital shelves of Amazon if anybody besides me cares.

http://www.amazon.com/WWE-Music-New-Amazon-Exclusive/dp/B0035DH9GC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1264659765&sr=8-2

Thanks for the reminder because today only you can get the whole album for $4.