Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Batmanuel posted:

JR taught me what a sternum was, so he is the greatest. :colbert:

All right, then where on the human form is the bread basket?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Supreme Allah posted:

I almost never find Jericho matches particularly exciting. He seems to move in slow motion, even when he's flying through the air. I never figured out how he manages that.

Clearly he's Proto-Morrison.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Kayfabe wise, which Diva has the worst taste in men?

Maria is pretty bad: Carlito, Santino, Ziggler... all these dudes who treat her pretty badly.

Kelly Kelly isn't terrific either: Miz, Balls Mahoney, Knox...

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Karmine posted:

Don't forget Randy Orton!

At least she didn't get punted.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WZ_7GZgpaM

Remember how loving over Kidman was?

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

CombineThresher posted:

Yep. That's why it's a shame to see him all fat now.

Meh, he's training wannabe divas in FCW now. I'm sure there's quite a few girls willing to do whatever it takes to get noticed. Probably not a bad existence.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
What was the single most hilarious "Dramatic Announcer Voice" moment ever? For me, it would have to be when Goldust got electrocuted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6YmHJFhr5A

Listen close for the lone voice in the crowd shouting "GOLDUST!" :ohdear:

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

bonesquid posted:

Why do a lot of people here hate Cena? He's good on the mic, he's a good worker, and he seems like a pretty nice guy in real life. Am I missing something?

He's one part of the stale main event scene on Raw. It's been variations of Cena/Orton/HHH/Batista for a really long time now. When he's not in the main event, the vitriol level goes down a lot. But when it's title shot after title shot, things get boring.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
The whole Katie Vick thing would be worth it if in a few years' time Vince came out and said "Yeah, we were just messing with Hunter."

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Kerck Pnameless posted:

Which WCW wrestler and ECW wrestler from the Invasion/Alliance had the most success in WWE?

RVD would be the obvious answer.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
According to Foley, it was all Funk's idea.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

projecthalaxy posted:

Yes. Kamala.

Does his site have tips on bowling?

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Jerusalem posted:

To fool their opponents, who will immediately target the bandaged area, leaving the injured ribs unscathed.

If this is truly the case, then what injured body part was Test covering for when he went like eight months with that ridiculous face mask to protect his nose?

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

sportsgenius86 posted:

Between Ryder, Miz, Morrison, Ziggler, Swagger, Kofi, Bourne, McIntyre, Yoshi, JTG, Tyson Kidd, Cody and DiBiase, I finally feel confident about the future of the WWE for the first time in about 8 years.

Provided the current main event scene retires within the next eight years.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

ultimateforce posted:

I am not Booker T.

Are you sure?

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I'm in, even if I won't get the present till April :)

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I maintain that some of the best sellers of the RKO are the divas.

Though Randy Orton: Diva Killer probably wouldn't fit with the PG rating.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

AlbertFlasher posted:

Has Triple H ever had short hair? Or has he always gone with it shoulder length?

He's had it a little shorter than that, but it makes his nose look enormous.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Happy Happyist posted:

I miss ditzy Maria.

She was a lot more entertaining than Rawr Independent Generic Face Maria.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

CombineThresher posted:

On paper, I can see why he would want to build up his opponents instead of dismissing them - if you, as a face, call your opponent a piece of poo poo and he beats you, you don't have anywhere else to go promo-wise.

To see an example of completely tearing down your opponent and making them look like poo poo during a face promo, check out anything Hunter does when he's a face champion; it's freaking brutal. He spends more time hitting on the interviewer chick than talking about his match.

And if he does happen to mention his title defense he's all "Pfft, I'm gonna be champion for a decade :smug: It's horrible, because if he's so goddamn certain, then why in the hell do I want to spend my money to see him win? There's a fine line between running down your opponent and building yourself up so big that it looks like a fluke when you lose.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Burrito posted:

Until they Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift all over my azaleas!

So you're basically Kerwin White?

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Matlock posted:

Screw that, WM21's promo was the best build promo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHfnVt3hS2g

Ahem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMqcA3wiKG0

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Jerusalem posted:

Matt Fact: Matt lasted longer than his brother in the Royal Rumble.

Everything about Mattitude was so amazingly well done, it must have been somebody's pet project because he's never been quite that good again. He's still massively over and has developed into a really solid midcard go-to guy, but during that Mattitude period his music/entrance/mannerisms/promos/wrestling etc was just all clicking in a special way.

And the addition of Shannone Moore as the MF'er was a stroke of genius, because you could see the two of them were having a great time with it.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

CM Junk posted:

Who was it Shannon took under his own wing as his first Moore-on? I'm too lazy to look it up

Crash Holly.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Supreme Allah posted:

I was watching Rumble vids on youtube and I remember back when the WWE used to do live lottery drawings throughout the pre-Rumble Raw or Superstars or whatever.. when between matches the wrestlers would stand in the back and a little lottery thingy would twirl and they would pull out a ball and open the ball and read their number -- and they wouldn't say it out loud but you were supposed to gauge there reactions and tell if they got a really good number or a really bad number. And Million Dollar man would start chasing down the happiest-looking wrestlers and start making offers.

Was this awesomeness just a one-year thing?

They seem to alternate that periodically. Sometimes they have it and sometimes they don't. One of the best moments was Rey saying that Eddie would guide him and give him a good number ... and Rey wound up going first :laugh:

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

reality_groove posted:

We need to make a list of things wrestlers claim to have innovated.It would be a very long list. A lot of it would be Hogan.

Hulk Hogan invented wrestling :colbert:

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

nyratk1 posted:

Rob Van Dam.

But he was in the Rumble last year.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Jerusalem posted:

Could you frame this in the form of a question?

Is it right for Edge to return at the Rumble?

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

CM Junk posted:

Jesse and Festus and Moore Wang both seriously deserved title runs but this was happening when Miz and Morrison were running roughshod on the Smackdown tag division.

Yes, but now we've got Wang Slam and surely they will dominate the division.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

CrankyProf posted:

They need to repackage him as Jack Burton, and make his finisher the pork-chop express.

Or Dolph Bauer and give him some kind of lame mission every week.

Vince: My burrito is set to come out of the microwave in twenty four minutes and I want it back HOT.

Dolph: Damnit, I am running out of time!

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Free Market Gravy posted:

I'm pretty sure if you e-mailed John Cena and asked him to fly out to your house so you could say hi, he'd check his schedule and only decline if he had plans.

And then he'd try to reschedule.

Also, he'd probably bring pizza.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

reality_groove posted:

The attitude reputation also kept away some advertisers I think. That said, most PPVs now seem to be sponsored by the National Guard so I have no idea what's going on.

Perhaps, when the Draft comes, wrestlers go first.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Supreme Allah posted:

I had a question the first time I heard that story - did the doctor do something unethical by discussing another patient with Undertaker? Or are they allowed to do that if a third party is in danger like Undertaker was.

All I know for sure is that I would NEVER want to be the one who has to talk to an unhappy Undertaker.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

anakha posted:

Just imagine what the pyro guy was thinking after No Way Out.

"Hey, who turned out the li--?!"

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

Do you think Vince will ever induct Brock Lesnar into the Hall of Fame?

I don't think Vince is keen on inventing the Cup of Coffee Award.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

CM Junk posted:

When's the last time Kane busted out the Tombstone? The last time I remember him doing one was after he was forced to lose the mask and got TOTALLY OUT OF CONTROL and Tombstoned Linda on the stage. Has he done it at all since?

He Tombstoned Miz when he thought Kelly Kelly was in love with him.

As I recall, Miz was still selling it the following week.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

sportsgenius86 posted:

Nobody would've guessed a year ago that The Miz would be a key piece to the future of the company.

Seriously. He's constantly improving in the ring and it's clear he's not afraid to bust out new moves to see how they work. His mannerisms and crowd interaction are impeccable. Outside of the ring, he interviews extremely well since he's obviously comfortable in front of the camera.

With the right angle, he does have face potential, so long as he keeps his act up and just mocks the heels instead.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

ChampRamp posted:

Was it the painkillers DH talked about or some other drug?

He was also mainlining milk.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Why is he forming a Hadouken?

He's just a big fan of Johnny Nitro's Extreme Power Combat Fighter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

MassRayPer posted:

Cornette is actually a few months younger than Vince Russo. Cornette has been in this business for SO LONG and he's still just 48. However he's basically crippled so, it'd be an out of shape 49 year old against a crippled 48 year old.

Tell me there will be lock boxes involved.