Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

LividLiquid posted:

I remember a while back, somebody posted a clip of Stephanie McMahon ripping off Sable's top in a parking garage.

This was on Smackdown, a taped show, and was a vinette, also pre-taped. How the hell did Rena Mero's boobies make it to air?

The answer is...that happened on raw. not smackdown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Dr. Video Games 0055 posted:

Honestly, it took YEARS for people to warm up to Orton because nobody was buying him for the longest time.
I would say this was mostly orton's fault.

ninja edit: close the brackets stupid.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

No, Triple H was (kayfabe) furious that Austin had taken his place, but Austin and Vince both convinced him that it would serve him better to work with Austin than against him. Triple H got the IC belt and the two teamed up for the Two Man Power Trip, and they worked AMAZINGLY well together but Austin was definitely the top dog.

Honestly that team is why wwe swears throwing 2 singles guys together will make an awesome team Trips and Austin was such a dynamic tag team you would have sworn they were teamed together their entire careers if you didnt know better.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

A Dapper Man posted:

When did WWF/E first have The Undertaker's druids? I found one site through Google that said the first time was WrestleMania XIV, but I'm watching the Kane/Taker match from that even right now, and JR mentions that they've seen the druids before, so now I'm all confused.

The Real First time was taker/yoko IIRC they brought out the casket and then the undertaker came out

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Seriously. I MUST see this. It would complete me.

Sure you didn't dream this, Burrito?

This did happen. I cant remember if it was RAW or a PPV, but it DID happen and the guy doing it had a sense of comedic timing because he would use it at the perfect times

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Captain Charisma posted:

I went to WWF New York a bunch when I was a kid. I'd probably consider the food to be subpar now, but I liked it a lot, particularly The People's Sundae, which was a sundae on top of a giant, warm chocolate chip cookie. They really didn't have that much memorabilia. The restaurant was downstairs and the upper level was a huge store. There was an arcade thing with the Royal Rumble game that was out on Dreamcast around then, and lots of chain link fence.

Oh actually now I remember they had handprints of Andre the Giant. That was pretty cool.

Also I don't remember any bad service but I always went on weekends and never on, say, a Tuesday night.

Were you there for any ppvs? I always went for the ppvs It was amazing on ppv night.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
That guy who was doing the mashups got better but I wish he went back and redid the first one he made (goldust/Booker T)

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

MassRayPer posted:

Basically a headscissors is any move when you use your legs to wrap around an opponents head. So, all ranas are head scissors, but not all head scissors are ranas.

You can also do head scissors from different positions. Anyone who played WWF Warzone probably abused the gently caress out of HBK's wacky head scissors.

or rey mysterio's in 09. running fast uncounterable headscissors that does very little damage but adds up over time...yeeeah...gently caress rey mysterio.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Captain Strange posted:

So, I just watched the new Botchamania - which is pretty much how I stay on top of happenings in TNA these days.

What's happening with their ring? Did they change it to a traditional 4 sided ring, get poo poo on by the fans, then change it back? Or is it still 4 sides?

And then there was that "you're all cast members" video ... are they just trying to insult as many fans as they can as quickly as they can?

still 4 sides and yes.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
you can kinda hear that at first but thats it.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
Also the 2nd hr of the show is when the more explicit stuff went down for the most part.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

ultimateforce posted:

"'Stone Cold' Steve Austin's intense, physical, style will meet Tripple H's smooth, technical, style." - Jim "JR" Ross 5/17/1999

Yes HHH's technical wrestling skills.

He actually does have technical wrestling ability. hasnt used it since he stopped being the blue blood but yeah he actually has it.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

The A-Team Van posted:

Speaking of which: what was the point of the Austin vs Kane first blood match? Was it to make it an automatic loss for Austin? Kane was literally covered, save for the back of his head and maybe his hand.

that was the setup vince booked a match that in practice kane couldnt lose because you couldnt tell when he was bleeding. in the match kane was bleeding first but the ref couldnt see it. kane blasted austin with a chair and busted him open to win it was kind of an awesome match.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Veg posted:

Kane didn't bleed as far as I know.

Also it was The Undertaker that made Austin bleed.

kane was infact bleeding under his mask. his hair and mask hid it but he was bleeding first.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

LightsGameraAction posted:

Who do you guys think is the biggest rear end in a top hat in real life?

For the longest time now I've always assumed it was Flair. Almost everything I've read about his personal life makes him sound like a douche bag.

Russo. he always considered what he did on tv to be a character...and yet he really believed all that poo poo.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Bearnt! posted:

I swear I saw DiBiase lose to someone on Superstars dressed in peach/fuchsia looking tights with jheri curls circa 1991-92 when I was a kid. Might not have been by pin fall though I really don't remember. I've tried to track this down but never had any luck.

That was Barry Horowitz's first and last win in the wwf (he got 1 more in WCW)

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Rusty Shackelford posted:

No way. Barry was repackaged as a Jewish nerd who came out to Hava Nagila and teamed up with Hakushi after he beat Skip at SummerSlam.

After the 123 Kid beat Razor, PJ Walker beat DiBiase after Razor distracted DiBiase. That may be who he is thinking of.

really? I thought it was his win against dibiase that pushed him into that new upgraded non jobber status

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
gotta learn to read thread titles

AkumaHokoru fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Mar 12, 2010

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Fallon posted:

What's this got to do with wrestling? Isn't Blur some driving game!?!

wrong thread my bad.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

History buffs:
Was there an equivalent term to being the Jannetty before the Rockers broke up?

Not really. the 1 partner being superior thing was most prevalent in the rockers. The 2nd closest we got was the hart foundation because bret would get his poo poo kicked in half the match against major teams (demolition, the legion of doom, the powers of pain to name a few examples)

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Mr. Carlisle posted:

It may have been asked before - but what is the opinion on how the WWE would change if Vince passed away? If I understand right, Stephanie and Triple H would run the place - so would things change or would they more or less stay how they are?

I have to imagine that there would be at least a few changes to the product that is put out there without Vince being able to veto everything.

Honestly I doubt it would change that much...the pg rating would definitely explode though. steph has had some of the more radical ideas. and triple H isnt as obsessed with body builders as vince is. so we might see something that looks more like the attitude era.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Capsaicin posted:

Can we talk about how loving horrible Wikipedia is on describing PPVs?
This is the work of one retard on wiki from what i understand.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
They push a guy in a storyline then completely forget about him. see matt morgan for examples.(they did it to him a few times now)

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Pneub posted:

Also loving Koslov (for a more long-term example).

I actually think morgan was getting the shaft longer than koslov was. koslov was atleast IN a world title match

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

I have absolutely never heard of a TNA house show that pulled in a significant crowd. I think ROH has beaten them at the same venues a couple of times, or threatened to.

They paper enormously and like to try to run venues that are far too large for the actual crowds they attract.

This here. even their tv tapings are papered to all hell.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Theshby posted:

These guys suck, they're all using closed fists. That's not even allowed!

Q) Whats the flippiest of all flippy moves? Who has achieved maximum rotation?

I would say Bourne(sydal)

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Moose Bigelow posted:

Teardrop tattoos under your eye are a gang symbol for people you have killed. So probably Russo or McMahon not realizing what it meant and coopting it.

didnt he started using it around the time he was having marital troubles? he got caught cheating and had it as an apology from what i understand

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Magic_Ceiling_Fan posted:

This line is in like every wrestling article on Wikipedia, it's my favourite by far:

It shows wikipedia's hilarious failings as an encyclopedia, because really, you should just reference that the title is a pro wrestling title, and anyone who doesn't understand what pro wrestling is should read the pro wrestling article. You don't explain the concept of something that has its own entry, in every single entry related to it.

Imagine if every time you looked up a Canadian province in an encyclopedia it had a line like this, "Ontario s a province of Canada, which is a commonwealth dominion with a parliamentary government, formed by confederation in 1865."

we need to do something like this to one of their articles for them to understand the whole pro-wrestling project is retarded.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah, it was a good example of Foley's typical "I'll make us BOTH come out of this match better off than we were before!" style of thinking. Up till that point Kane hadn't been given pause by anybody but everybody knew Mankind was crazy and had been the only one who had ever really caused trouble for the Undertaker. So the match happens with a guy who has pretty much made his impact by no-selling everything and killing people with a single chokeslam/tombstone combo - and Mankind manages to show that Kane wasn't just a paper tiger and actually WAS scary resilient and unstoppable.... but also that Mankind himself was deranged and had to be beaten into unconsciousness before he'd stop coming after you.

The bit where Mankind levels Kane by smashing him so hard with a "lead pipe" that it wrapped around Kane's head.... and then Kane sat back up moments later was a loving awesome moment and did a great job of making people think that maybe Kane COULD beat the Undertaker when they finally fought down the line.

please tell me what ppv this was I MUST see this

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Edwardian posted:

Speaking of the Rock -- did I completely hallucinate the fact that he was supposed to guest-host Raw at some point?

he was supposed to GH on june 12th. he changed his mind.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
I hate you all...the only one who shares my birthday is a racist.

Michael Heyes.

but 2 manias have taken place on my birthday
3 and 14
Hogan vs Andre and Austins 1st title reign

AkumaHokoru fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Aug 20, 2010

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

So what's the deal with Eddie Kingston not liking to be called Dominican?

because he isnt dominican he's puerto rican

puerto ricans and dominicans do not like each other at all.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Endorph posted:

Also the storyline silliness thread made me think about it: We all know Taker's undefeated at Wrestlemania, but how does he fare taking the other three major PPVs into account? (SummerSlam, Royal Rumble, Survivor Series.)

SS Fine
RR Losing Record 6-9
SS fine

AkumaHokoru fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Nov 3, 2010

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

DannoMack posted:

Hey, what did Michael Cole mean when he said "take it from me, older men and younger women never work out" or something to that effect on raw?

Jab at the king

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

tzirean posted:

Yeah, but the other drugs were steroids (which I'd imagine were more probably his alone) and some detectable-but-not-collectable cocaine. Any case for distribution would be built on the pills.

except they werent just steroids. pot and opiates were found. i would go for the methhead joke but he lost a house and a dog to meth...so hopefully he smartened up and stopped using them.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
That is the point actually. the surprise had been ruined 2-3 weeks prior but that one solid confirmation made everyone mark the gently caress out anyway.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Sugar Blaster posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOLPYcrHu1o

this was the best thing associated with jericho's return. sam from opie & anthony, being the smarmy douche he is, calls jericho out on returning weeks before the reveal.

jericho found it hilarious too.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
I still dont know how people dont see the massive growth the miz has undergone.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

HulkaMatt posted:

I was a gigantic Austin fan and the way it ended pissed me off. I was very unhappy. :(

I agree with this. I want to discuss it but that would be spoiling for those who havent seen it...so I wont say anything because i hate spoiling for people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Magic_Ceiling_Fan posted:

Sean Waltman has gone on record saying he's smoked doobs before matches before, but I'd hardly call smoking a bit of pot being dangerously intoxicated or anything, just unprofessional.

Some people handle it better...hardy is a lifer though so I'm pretty sure he had ALOT more than just weed