Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julio Cesar Fatass
Jul 24, 2007

"...."
Was the Dragon/Macho Man blowoff at WM3 as much of an all-time great match as it's been made out to be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cesar Fatass
Jul 24, 2007

"...."

LordPants posted:

Also, Hogan / Warrior was super rehearsed, and shows.

What do you mean?

e: In general. I know Hogan and Warrior both had to script the poo poo out of that match to get around their limitations.

Julio Cesar Fatass fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Aug 31, 2012

Julio Cesar Fatass
Jul 24, 2007

"...."
What's a good example of a strong style match? I want to see what the japanese guys were doing that had them convinced pro wrestling could win a real fight.

Julio Cesar Fatass
Jul 24, 2007

"...."
Thanks for the suggestions, guys! Are there any American promotions who book this kind of stuff?

Julio Cesar Fatass
Jul 24, 2007

"...."

Aubergine Mage posted:

Sakuraba. Holy poo poo.

Sakuraba in happier days against Kiyoshi Tamura with Pancrase rules:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH1r23lfSI4&t=1017s

His knee looks like it was hosed all the way back in 1996. How he even gets out of bed anymore, I have no idea :smith:

Julio Cesar Fatass
Jul 24, 2007

"...."
Have the old TLC matches between Edge & Christian, the Hardys and the Dudleys kept their reputation over the years?

Julio Cesar Fatass
Jul 24, 2007

"...."
Whatever happened to Nobuhiko Takada after HUSTLE went tits up? Part of me legitimately hopes he was eaten alive by Antonio Inoki in some ancient yakuza ritual.

Julio Cesar Fatass
Jul 24, 2007

"...."

LordPants posted:

And when he did take a bump (like 2002) he'd take like two months off and then quit the company.

Hulk Hogan is the smartest wrestler who ever lived.

Julio Cesar Fatass
Jul 24, 2007

"...."
I've heard references to AJPW's 90s style being really damaging. What are some good matches that show this?

Bonus Early 90s WCW Question: I understand that Ric Flair was picked to be the unmasked Black Scorpion at the last second. Who the hell was BS supposed to be? Warrior?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cesar Fatass
Jul 24, 2007

"...."

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Many videos of Japanese men killing each other

Days late, but thanks for the links!