Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Joeslop posted:

I always hear this tossed around, that Bill Watts is a racist. All I've ever heard about it came from him on the Rise and Fall of WCW DVD. He says he supported a guy who didn't want to serve black people in his restaurant; not because Bill was racist but because he believed people should be allowed to run their business how they want.

He also made Ron Simmons the first black WCW Champion. Wikipedia mentions the restaurant thing and "He also made several other controversial statements in pertaining to race and sexual orientation."

Anyone know what those are?

Here are his comments about homosexuality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

My sister has a DX shirt signed by Hunter and Shawn, and Flair's book which Flair personally signed.

The most merch I have is a WWE trivia book signed by Al Snow.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jetfire posted:

This comes from the WWE Discussion thread but I thought it was more appropriate to ask here: what exactly made Heyman so bad with money in the ECW days? Did he just never realize how much it cost to run the promotion? Did he pocket the money from the gate for himself and tell no one? Why couldn't or wouldn't he pay half (or whatever the number was) his talent?

He just didn't know how to handle it. He paid wrestlers in checks that would bounce. In the last full year of ECW, everybody went unpaid with the promise that the money would come later (later being never). He spent more than he made. If anybody else had been in charge of finances, ECW might have lasted longer than it did.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

One of the subforums appears to have been deleted. I believe there were 5, now there's 4.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Thunder Hammerfist posted:

Wasn't Orton's punt banned once upon a time?

I don't know about that, but it's legit banned now, because of the concussion stuff.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

VogeGandire posted:

While powerslamming the 50 tonne Andre the Giant in front of 100 million screaming Hulkamaniacs while blind-folded with one hand behind his broken back hopping on one foot, brother. The force of the slam killed Andre, brother. Oh brother!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bocc Kob posted:

Why would WWE concoct a story to make Low Ki look good if they just wanted to get rid of him?

They always treat people with respect when they get rid of them. It's why every time somebody's released, it's worded "We wish (so and so) well in his/her future endeavors" rather than "(so and so) was a complete shitlord, and getting rid of him/her was the best decision we've made in years."

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bocc Kob posted:

Wait, all those dumb things they did with him and he was the winner? :psyduck:

The best part was when he won, and everybody on that season's roster spent 10 minutes beating him up, to the point where it became boring, and even Cole was getting bored by it.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Flameingblack posted:

Ever the hard-worker, Alex Riley began to attack Percy Wattson for no apparent reason.

He saw a nerd, and instincts temporarily took over.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Quasipox posted:

I wasn't watching during the whole Nexus invasion, and I've read a good amount about the whole DB tie incident and I'm curious about something. Did anyone know that Bryan was going to do that? What all happened after it? I remember he did get released, but I'm fuzzy on the details of that as well.

I believe it was impromptu, and nobody knew he would do it. I'm pretty sure he said he came up with it on the fly. It just so happened that when he did it, the camera was right there, closing up on Robert's gasping face and popping eye. He got fired, and fans cheered his name, even closing the PPV shortly after the incident with a loud "DANIEL BRYAN" chant. He got re-signed months later after the heat died down, and the rest is history.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Elimination Chambers have been pretty good

Just forget the Extreme one, and they have a perfect history of pretty good matches.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'd assume the same reason he said no to WWE's Legends contract offer to go to TNA and wrestle: money.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

He did, and he genuinely sounded proud of his work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'm looking for stuff to read (I always am tbh) and the Titan series (Sinking, etc) popped up on my recommendations. Never heard of it, wondering if they're good/bad/bullshit/entertaining bullshit