Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Karmine posted:

OK here's something I've been thinking about, and this might actually deserve its own thread, but whatever. What wrestlers who aren't in the Hall of Fame already should be, and who would you pick to induct them?

I think Ted DiBiase is the biggest one right now. And his son, of course, should induct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Axissillian posted:

I just fail to see why Owen would get inducted despite his death when the only reason to get inducted is his death.

He never main-evented, he never drew, never held the world title, his only memorable matches were against Bret, and by that point in his career he was a comedy buffoon and not likely to improve.

If he hadn't Foley'd from the rafters in 1999 his career accomplishments would have been: famous brother, some good matches, the white guy in NOD.

I agree he's overrated by death ala Cobain, but at least admit the Hart vs. Hart feud was white loving hot from Wrestlemania 10 on.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

It doesn't happen in WWE much because who the hell has sub finishers anymore? Not guys in dedicated tag teams.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Karmine posted:

Chris Jericho :colbert:

Was not in a dedicated tag team until a month ago. :colbert:

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Didn't Hulk Hogan knock the Giant off the roof of an arena?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Here's a weird question: Has there ever been someone in a dedicated tag team (not a superteam ie Jericho, Cena/HBK) that went out on their own and found singles success while keeping the team together. It took HBK breaking up the Rockers for him to branch out and the Hart Foundation was dead by the time Bret was doing his singles run.

I'm talking about something along the lines of what would amount to Demolition Smash winning the IC title but still being in Demolition.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

CombineThresher posted:

Bobby Eaton is someone I never hear things about.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Dragging Iron Feet posted:

Bit off-topic, but can you guys tell me the best way to set up tournament brackets? I'm trying to set up the Match of the Decade tournament and can't seem to do it right.

Bracketology is my department broheim, IM me but first talk to Hulka about letting it happen.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Was HBK the first to take turnbuckle bumps by flipping up them and then back down? How about skinning the cat?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Shawn stiffed Vader at some point during his match with him because he was supposed to roll out of the way of an elbow drop but didn't. So Shawn landed on his feet and just kicked him in the head.

I know Foley liked that spot or the look of that spot a lot so he worked it into his match with Shawn. Most of what you're talking about in that match was probably "worked shoot" style.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Kerck Pnameless posted:

When did CM Punk first use the Go 2 Sleep?

A couple months into his ECW career when the Anaconda Vice was replaced.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Jerusalem posted:

Weight classes in pro wrestling is one of the most terrible ideas I have ever heard, and I just got done reading the latest Lost thread.

Hahahaha that thread is so bad.

Still I like there being a cruiser/light/welter/vanilla midget division but anyone can go after the World title. Just stop calling it Heavyweight and call it the overall promotion name.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Theshby posted:

These guys suck, they're all using closed fists. That's not even allowed!

Q) Whats the flippiest of all flippy moves? Who has achieved maximum rotation?

Jack Evans or Yoshitsune

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

It's kind of tough to get the gist of Corny's Guest Booking through those bullet points because he cuts example promos like Flairs and I think Dusty's and they're REALLY good.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Save Russian Jews posted:

Ted Dibiase's fortune was built on bootlegging

I heard he's related to a German kaiser. A certain Baron Von Rasche, you may have heard of him.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Jericho interviewing Delirious was awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=DcAjxbstJpo&feature=related

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

projecthalaxy posted:

Was the 12 v 12 tag match on ECW before WM24 the biggest tag match ever?

I vaguely remember a 16v16 tag war from a ?Survivor Series?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

HulkaMatt posted:

WHAT IS GOING ON?

Heel turns all over.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Spikeguy posted:

I just rewatched Wrestlemania 20. Why did the Lesner Goldberg match suck so bad? Lesner has had good matches. Did the crowd just gently caress with his head? The match was 40 percent rest holds, 40 percent staring and 20 percent actual wrestling. Because if that was the planned match it was going to suck anyway. Has anyone spoken about that match in an interview?

Because everyone knew they were both leaving and the crowd took a dump on it so they trolled the crowd a bit.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Good Listener posted:

So a question popped up today between my brother and I, and I figured I would ask the board. Being not up on my puroresu, I have to ask what the current situation is involving crazy match types. Back in the day I remember exploding barb wire fire etc type matches but are those still prevalent? Or are they more at home in the Japanese equivalent of CZW type promotions?

BJW is all about the light tubes.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I was thinking Jurassic Park with Umaga crate but also Creepshow.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Burrito posted:

I always forget about The Olsen Twins and then I see them and I'm reminded that they both just disappeared. I mean, they should have been something, considering one is extremely cute, and the other would look great under a mask.

They just reunited didnt they?

e: I get the joke, but legit.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Do you guys still think that certain workers aren't told to work a certain style?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I thought his face run when he won the title was his best character, tied with ONN/Legend Killer Orton. He was the most exciting in the ring and seemed to be having the most fun.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

jeffersonlives posted:

Orton's run right before he turned face with the Foley and Benoit feuds was phenomenal. His entire face run in that period was the Triple H feud which was the shits IMO.

I don't blame that on Orton's character, I blame that on Trips booking that feud into poo poo city.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

jeffersonlives posted:

Orton wins almost every match in dominant fashion and is positioned as the superior guy even in the very rare matches he loses. He is presented as the second biggest star in the company in every angle. Frankly, considering Orton's push level and how much momentum he had about a year ago, he should really be a lot bigger than he is, but that's another discussion.

Everything should've been coming up millhouse for the three guys in Legacy but ffffffff

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I liked Miz dressing as a douchebag way more than I like his "I'm a serious wrestler," thing.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Sue Denim posted:

I do think his new look better suits the way his character has evolved though with the way his character is trying to mould himself into what people call 'a serious wrestler'. So it makes sense that someone wanting people to perceive him the way the Miz wants to be perceived would alter his attire in such a fashion.

Yeah but that "character evolution" isn't evolution when you've got Jericho and Swagger all pulling the "I'm a heel in a suit f u" gimmick. It's boring and cookie cutter now.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Lucha tags make sense in a "I am thinking about wrestling as a real sport outside of the world and rules of pro wrestling." So realistically, they're stupid.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

MassRayPer posted:

Jimmy Rave.

Roooooodeerriiicck

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Karmine posted:

Probably my two favorite things in the world are comedy and wrestling. Can someone point me in the direction of some of the funniest matches in wrestling history?

e: and I don't mean in a "so bad it's funny" kind of way. I mean straight up comedy wrestling.

CHIKARA

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

DDT: Yoshihiko vs. Kota Ibushi all day errr day

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

You really wouldn't put Jumbo on it?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I guess Paul London got bored of doing On the Bearskin Rug?

I guess Paul London got bored of doing anything except bong rips?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Atticus Finch posted:

Color me shocked.

It seems like the only people regularly poo poo on in the open are the writers.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

So the nerds and the AV club but Dunn does the head QBs homework so he gets to hang around with the boys.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I was just disappointed Eddie didn't get a longer reign but I understand why it happened the way it did - he probably would have if TV didn't happen.

triplexpac posted:

Yeah, that seems right. I totally buy Eddie as a main eventer in ROH since he won the title, even though he only had it for a short time. Compare that to, say, Jack Swagger in the WWE, where he's clearly not anywhere near the top even though he's a former world champion.

It seems like WWE lately almost doesn't want you to buy heels who win via Money in the Bank cash in as legit champs. See also: Miz.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Bocc Kob posted:

I never understood the appeal of Lesnar. He's just a big mutant and completely boring.

Innovator of the Shooting Star Headbutt

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

DEAR RICHARD posted:

Evan Bourne would be perfect for the Varsity Club

His douchbag gimmick with Lizzy Valentine from the WSX ruled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Manwithastick posted:

Has a full riot ever broken out at a wrestling show? I know Jarrett can get insane heat but has the crowd ever caused a show to end early?

Mostly in the territory days. The best heels could incite full riots. Bobby Heenan was shot at once.