Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Odd question that I didn't see any good info on with a quick Google. What does a Ninja 250 engine weigh? I'm trying to figure out what the weight of the bike is without the engine...have a project I've been thinking about starting for a while now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

blugu64 posted:

RD350 Ninja250, or electric Ninja250?

Electric, right now debating between a ninja 250 which is cheap and easy to get or something like one of the few street legal 50cc bikes which are harder to find. Hadn't heard of a rd350 build but that would be drat fun too.

Either way it will likely be a long project but my goal is to run Deals Gap with it once and a while and use it as a test bed for a few ideas I've got.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Well it looks like my roommate finally got rid of the 900SS and traded it for a '08 Ninja 250 with 3200 miles on it. Was dropped on the left side at 0mph so it has a few scratches but is otherwise clean. Didn't take it for a spin yet because it was pouring out and I'm a wimp when it comes to unfamiliar bikes in the rain.

It needs new tires and we would like to beef up the suspension a bit. Looking back it looks like Inu is liking the BT-090's. Is there anything else that really compares for a good sticky sport riding tire? Also what are the current options for mid-low end suspension if we want to stiffen it up a bit?

Plan on taking it for a spin tomorrow and possibly loading it in the truck with the DRZ and taking it to Talladega GP.

• Locked thread