Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
me and my 2004 EX250

I am going to be replacing the clutch lever either tonight or tomorrow. ninja250.org is a brilliant site, but often gives you waaayyy more info than necessary. After that I think I'll swap the brake pads and then touch up the mufflers which got scratched in two tip overs.

Lets see, what more can i say? My bike tops out at about 105 mph or so. This was on route 5 (flat and straight), full tuck with the throttle alllll the way open. I don't expect I will ever be going that fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008

Chairon posted:

I tell you White bikes are the single sexiest thing on the planet.

Agreed. There is a white monster that is often parked near my office and I have to oggle it every chance I get.

I really wish there were an easy way to pain my bike. Though Id probably just go for an offset white stripe

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
When i lost a bolt, I just went to home depot and bought another one.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Know what sucks? Not having a tach on your bike.... I have no idea what my idle is

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Arg, parked my ninja at the beach for 15 minutes, came back to discover someone had hit it and chipped a part of my front fender off.

I wonder if it would be easy enough to just bondo it back into place... sand and then repaint. Grah! and I was planning to sell it soon to- aesthetics are the best thing about my bike.

lousy hit and run BS

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008

soy posted:

Yeah, I only went ahead with the one I got because I don't plan on selling it. Basically just going to ride it until the wheels fall off.

That was my plan too :[

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008

modify_evolution posted:

I can play this game too!

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

Streetfighter that bike. Plastic on bikes is unnecessary!

(Omg, I know the mirrors are wrong. My darling, beloved mother backed into it when it was parked OFF the driveway, and broke off both bar-ends).

Aawww I loved the bar-ends.

So nostalgic to see pics of the bike. But so happy it went to a good home.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
So how long do you guys leave the choke on for?

I went riding Monday night and pretty much had to leave it on the whole time. Only like a 20 minutes ride and it was a cold night. Im just wondering if thats at all normal.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008

bladesamurai posted:

I usually turn off the choke after a minute or so after pulling out of my driveway, unless I get caught at a light soon after. I was still doing this even when it was 20 degrees out a couple months ago. Was it dying at idle?

Now that I think about it, it wasnt as bad as I first indicted.

I rode to the gym, and about halfway over, I killed the choke and it was fine. On the trip back fromt he gym.. maybe 4 blocks away, I tried to kill the choke and it as I was coasting to a red light.

I think Ima get some seafoam and see if that helps.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Hrm its been raining so i havent been out riding. Ill do better diagnostics when I next take him out.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
My oil light likes to come on a lot

My old bike didnt have an oil light so I dont really know what that means. usually comes on when i first start up and when Im parking but before Ive shut the engine off.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
What do you guys have set as your idle?

Im having so many idle issues. uuuggghhh

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008

Terminal posted:

~1,800 after it's thoroughly warmed up. It's been the most erratic bike idle-wise while warming up of any I've owned but tends to be rock solid once up to temp.

Same. Ok. Then I won't be worried. Mines been idling nicely around 2k, i was thinking about setting ti lower, but now i wont.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008

Z3n posted:

BlueBayou had issues with that bike when it got wet because there are a shitload of exposed connectors. Don't store it outside in the rain/snow.

Check fuses, but chances are it just needs to dry out.

Aw now I miss my old cantankerous bike.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008

modify_evolution posted:

Sigh, never should have sold that bike. Or maybe I should have given all the issues it has.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008

modify_evolution posted:

Well I'm glad you did. Even if it's a pain in the rear end.

If you ever want to sell it.....

just saying...

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008

modify_evolution posted:

Haha and you said you would upgrade if you ever got another bike before. :rolleyes: I was already planning on asking you if you want it back if/when I sell it.

Well i got another bike and its another 250. Turns out, I don't need more power.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
I love my ninja but man the market for them changes sooo much.

I bought my 07 with 11k miles on it for 1750 back in Feb. The guy had taken great care of it, no problems whatsoever except the handle bars were a bit scratched up from when his wife practiced picking it up off the ground. New tires and brake pads. He'd also upgraded the brake lights.

Now I did get it because I recognized that it was a good find at a good price (he had it listed at 1900).

Anyway, Ive been looking at CL listings in my area for ninjas today and hahahahahaha jesus christ are prices inflated. Guys are selling bikes with 20k miles on them, scratched up fairings, same tires etc etc for 2000+

It makes me want to sell my bike right now and pick up something else.

How do people get away with charging $2300 for an 03 ninja with 17k miles, and loads of cosmetic damage? Ohh you put a new muffler on it, well THAT certainly warrants the extra money.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008

Rabid Anti-Dentite! posted:

Total noob question here, but I love the way your bike looks, is that how it looks if you take some of the panels off, or is that a certain model that looks like that?

It was custom made by a dude in LA who builds vintage looking bikes for movies. But from the "waist" down or so its just a regular ole EX250

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008

Z3n posted:

Are you getting fuel to the carbs? Spark?

And yes, the float bowls can take awhile to refill if they get drained and you have a vacuum petcock, because it only gets gas while you crank it.

I drained the float bowls once on that very bike and had to suck on some hose or something to get them to refill.

I also object to it being called a piece of poo poo.... though I understand the sentiment. Would be VERY tempted to buy it back if I wasn't on the cusp of a CB.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008

modify_evolution posted:

Like you never swore at it when you had it. :) I'll figure out which dirty part of my bike I have to put in my mouth to get it started. Maybe that'll be it, and it will be MAGIC. And I'll feel stupid for not doing that first.

So even after I did that, I still had a drained battery and no gas... so I dunno if the sucking helped. But it probably did, I just had more issues.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Agreed. Sounds a bit like mine did before I got my cam chain tension replaced.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
the custom seat is money. If you do part it, be smart about the seat. That seat turns any street fighter'ed Ninja into a cafe racer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008

nsaP posted:

Yeah he omitted a few negatives of the pre and positives of the post 08, but its whatever. Not worth a fight and they aren't that different.

The old ones are ugly as gently caress tho.

Oh sure, pick the ugliest color scheme for the pregens

• Locked thread