Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Wandle Cax posted:

I like the new song. Interesting that she puts out a surprise fresh pop jam so soon after the country western album

Joanne is definitely country influenced but if it qualifies as country western then lol at what has become of that genre, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

Found this one on youtube of the Cure I hate Tidal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hShpQMg1k-E

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Vince MechMahon posted:

Joanne is definitely country influenced but if it qualifies as country western then lol at what has become of that genre, I guess.

sorry for using the wrong label. I just meant the new song is completely different style from the album

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Wandle Cax posted:

I like the new song. Interesting that she puts out a surprise fresh pop jam so soon after the country western album

It's not that fresh, though, and not much of a jam. She never would have become famous if she started out by releasing crap like this.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I like the song

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
lady gaga is never going to top The Fame Monster and your life will be happier when you accept it

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
I didn't like the new one at first then I watched the Coachella footage and now I like it.

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

Pomp posted:

lady gaga is never going to top The Fame Monster and your life will be happier when you accept it

Born this way says hi

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I think ARTPOP is maybe her best album :shobon: (if you swap out the R. Kelly "Do What U Want" for the Christina Aguilera version)

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The most important thing is that anyone who thinks Joanne is the best is an Actual Maniac

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood

Pomp posted:

yeah this

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Escobarbarian posted:

The most important thing is that anyone who thinks Joanne is the best is an Actual Maniac

Yeah it's second best.

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I think ARTPOP is maybe her best album :shobon: (if you swap out the R. Kelly "Do What U Want" for the Christina Aguilera version)

No

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

No but seriously--

Marry the night
Judas
Born this way
Government Hooker
Bloody Mary
Bad Kids
Heavy Metal Lover
Electric Chapel
You and I
Edge of Glory

What. a. fantastic. album.

The Fame Monster is my number 2, followed by ARTPOP, followed by The Fame, Followed by Joanne.

I don't love Joanne, but Diamond Heart is one of my favorite tracks by her, and I really like John Wayne and Come to Mama.

Also, I think Perfect Illusion is underrated and so is most of ARTPOP.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis
ARTPOP is literally flawless

Thunder Bear
Jul 27, 2009

fig. 0143
The Fame Monster.

My favorite thing about it is that it's a pretty cohesive work -- it's eight fantastic songs that each serve the album's theme (i.e. fear or whatever), with no 'sag' or filler. It just has no 'fat' and I'd easily call it her best work.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

whomupclicklike posted:

ARTPOP is literally flawless

Jewels & Drugs?

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

Thunder Bear posted:

The Fame Monster.

My favorite thing about it is that it's a pretty cohesive work -- it's eight fantastic songs that each serve the album's theme (i.e. fear or whatever), with no 'sag' or filler. It just has no 'fat' and I'd easily call it her best work.

Teeth is ARTPOP's jewels and drugs.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

DC Murderverse posted:

Jewels & Drugs?

It's a cool song.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

somnambulist posted:

Teeth is ARTPOP's jewels and drugs.

In that they're both extremely good and underappreciated

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

somnambulist posted:

No but seriously--

Marry the night
Judas
Born this way
Government Hooker
Bloody Mary
Bad Kids
Heavy Metal Lover
Electric Chapel
You and I
Edge of Glory

What. a. fantastic. album.

The Fame Monster is my number 2, followed by ARTPOP, followed by The Fame, Followed by Joanne.

I don't love Joanne, but Diamond Heart is one of my favorite tracks by her, and I really like John Wayne and Come to Mama.

Also, I think Perfect Illusion is underrated and so is most of ARTPOP.

I agree with you almost exactly. i think the Fame is better than ARtpop. But Diamond Heart is the best on Joanne.

Teeth owns.

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

I'm going to see mother monster in concert tonight in LA. I didn't like the art pop tour very much but apparently this one is rad and reviews are stellar so off I go!

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

My wife went on a trip to see Gaga in Cleveland and some guy came around upgrading people in the nosebleed seats to being right next to the stage. I'm guessing they were unsold scalper seats and Gaga wants to actually see the audience?

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
That is a kind thought but they probably just don't want empty seats visible up front.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

angerbeet posted:

That is a kind thought but they probably just don't want empty seats visible up front.

In a way having such lovely seats worked out well for them because they were in the right place at the right time to get moved to the front. Even the nosebleed seats were like $250 on stubhub so who knows how much the seats they got moved to cost.

• Locked thread