Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
snackcakes
May 7, 2005

A joint venture of Matsumura Fishworks and Tamaribuchi Heavy Manufacturing Concern

There's definitely nothing wrong with liking Paparazzi and Speechless. They're both fantastic songs! Paparazzi is up there on my list of favorites and when you consider that Speechless is about her Dad's heart surgery and actually MEANS something then it's even better (when it was already a drat good song)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001
Ahaha:

ladygaga
pretty genius, big huge man banging on the car window outside the arena, trying to sell me scalped tickets to my own show. yoouuu skalliwag

SilverThread
Jun 18, 2004

Kick the Emo

Kara Thrace posted:

Paparazzi and Telephone ft. Beyonce are my favourite songs.

But I am so in love with the Video Phone Remix video. Although, it is funny when she tries to dance with Beyonce there. Trying to do the black girl hair flip... But she's still amazing.

I don't care about other goons opinions of Beyonce, I loving love the Video Phone remix video and song. I almost passed out when my friend told me they did a video together. Lady Gaga and Beyonce are getting back together to do a video for Telephone. They don't start shooting until the end of the month, so we'll just have to wait :sigh:

Programmable Soda
Aug 8, 2008
I'm hoping they do something great for Telephone, that song deserves a pretty bitchin' video. I liked it a lot more than Videophone, which is catchy but doesn't really go anywhere.

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

The Remote Viewer posted:

Ahaha:

ladygaga
pretty genius, big huge man banging on the car window outside the arena, trying to sell me scalped tickets to my own show. yoouuu skalliwag
Hahaha, oh my God, that is too much.

Zoom Shroom
Nov 19, 2007

by Lowtax
Another goonette here pledging allegiance to the Gagatrain.

Heard the tune to Just Dance a while back and watched the video on youtube recently. I thought I'd come across one of those 'literal lyrics' versions when she started singing about how she lost her phone etc. I thought it was really funny, then towards the end of the song I realised that it was the actual official version and I was like wooow.

She's fantastic.

tvb
Dec 22, 2004

We don't understand Chinese, dude!
Surprised there isn't more love for Dance in the Dark and Teeth. I can't stop listening to either one.

Ma_NiC
Mar 6, 2004

tvb posted:

Surprised there isn't more love for Dance in the Dark and Teeth. I can't stop listening to either one.

Dance In the Dark is one of my favorites. I thought it was kind of cheesy at first, but then it really grew on me. There isn't one bad song on the Fame Monster.

snail goat
Dec 12, 2006

you shouldnt doubt yourself
you know more about goats than you give yourself credit for
Apparently she's sick and had to cancel her show tonight :( She passed out at one point and paramedics came. From her twitter it seems like she feels really, really bad about having to cancel, I hope she's ok :ohdear:

Sgt Karate Chop
Feb 28, 2008

Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago.
Lady Gaga ft Trina - Let them hoes fight!

Has this been posted? Is it real? If it is Gaga is taking her career in an even wackier, almost Ween-like direction

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
I just heard on the radio that Lady Gaga passed away, and that this was breaking news. I can't find it anywhere, but it's apparently just breaking. Thought this thread should know.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

AsInHowe posted:

I just heard on the radio that Lady Gaga passed away, and that this was breaking news. I can't find it anywhere, but it's apparently just breaking. Thought this thread should know.

Perhaps you heard passed out and mistook it for passed away. 'Cause she passed out before her show last night and had to cancel it.

e: I hath been trolled

Crowbear fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jan 15, 2010

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

AsInHowe posted:

Wow that took my breath away for a second.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

AsInHowe posted:

You don't pull stunts like that man. You just don't.

drat.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

The stupid news ticker I saw said "LADY GAGA PASSES...", then when you clicked on it, "LADY GAGA PASSES OUT BEFORE CONCERT YESTERDAY." Seriously, what the hell.

I hope it was just illness or dehydration and not drugs, though, because I don't want to have to dislike her.

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001

Crows Turn Off posted:

The stupid news ticker I saw said "LADY GAGA PASSES...", then when you clicked on it, "LADY GAGA PASSES OUT BEFORE CONCERT YESTERDAY." Seriously, what the hell.

I hope it was just illness or dehydration and not drugs, though, because I don't want to have to dislike her.

Lady Gaga was a cokehead before she was even famous, sorry

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Lady Gaga was a cokehead before she was even famous, sorry

Seriously, you have to be on some mad drugs to come up with the poo poo she does.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

I don't personally think "she comes up with weird things" is proof or evidence of drugs, sorry. She very well may have done them, though, but if she did, I hope she still doesn't.

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001

Crows Turn Off posted:

I don't personally think "she comes up with weird things" is proof or evidence of drugs. She very well may have done them, though, but if she did, I hope she still doesn't.

In that Rolling Stone cover article a while back she said she'd get coke delivered to her apartment and spend all night getting herself dressed up.

You know you're a cokehead when you get that poo poo delivered like Dominoes

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

If you think about it, "So Happy I Can Die" is about cocaine use. When she says "I love that lavender blonde, the way she moves the way she walks, I touch myself can't get enough" its her looking in a mirror and "touching herself" by putting her finger on her nostril to snort coke. The chorus talks of her literally being so happy, she may die. She has talked of the Fame Monster being about her "monsters" and I could see how cocaine is one. I heard she doesn't do coke nearly as much as she used to.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

In that Rolling Stone cover article a while back she said she'd get coke delivered to her apartment and spend all night getting herself dressed up.

You know you're a cokehead when you get that poo poo delivered like Dominoes
I like to think she doesn't do it anymore, though. Maybe I'm a naive douche, I don't know.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Crows Turn Off posted:

I like to think she doesn't do it anymore, though. Maybe I'm a naive douche, I don't know.

It's cool, I like to think that she is the most awesome human being alive.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Lady Gaga posted:

My cocaine soundtrack was The Cure. I loved all their music, but I listened to this one song on repeat while I did bags and bags of cocaine. "Whatever I do/It’s not enough." Isn’t that funny? ... At the time I didn’t think there was anything wrong with me until my friends came over and said, "Are you doing this alone?" Um, yes. Me and my mirror.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Haha, "bags and bags of cocaine." That's a lot of coke.

Well, it sounds like she at least figured out there was something wrong with that and (hopefully) did something.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Crows Turn Off posted:

Haha, "bags and bags of cocaine." That's a lot of coke.

Well, it sounds like she at least figured out there was something wrong with that and (hopefully) did something.

Yeah. She got a better job to pay for her coke habit. I can't imagine how much Jack Daniel's I'd have with Lady Gaga money.

Firequirks
Apr 15, 2007

I'm okay with staying in my naive view that she's over the drugs:

quote:

The drugs disappeared around the same time as her act began to take serious shape. “I had a scary experience one night and thought I might die,” GaGa remembers. “I woke up, but it helped me become the person I am. I see things in quite a fragmented, psychotic manner, which I think is because of that. But I decided it was more important to become a centred, critical thinker. That was more powerful than the drug itself.”

ArmoredBlue
Jul 1, 2007

Furthering the gay Mexican agenda.
Despite being sick, she was able to interview on Oprah and perform: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTu5urB6ArA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYA1Ab2bJbc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyDjiKlmx1w
e: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-ha1xw1ais&feature=related

ArmoredBlue fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jan 16, 2010

Kara Thrace
May 14, 2008

by Peatpot

SilverThread posted:

I don't care about other goons opinions of Beyonce, I loving love the Video Phone remix video and song. I almost passed out when my friend told me they did a video together. Lady Gaga and Beyonce are getting back together to do a video for Telephone. They don't start shooting until the end of the month, so we'll just have to wait :sigh:

No no, don't get me wrong. I bloody love it. It's one of the best pair-ups I have personally ever heard. I just found that one part of the video funny, but I loving LOVED the rest of it.

And I can't wait for the Telephone video. I love the song so much, I just hope the video lives up to the song.

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

"Inspiration, move me brightly"

gaganews.com posted:

Lady GaGa’s performances for the dates leading up until the 20th January have been cancelled and/or postponed. According to several sources, including z100 out of New York City, Ticketmaster are sending out information to all those ticketholders affected. We will have more information as we get it.

Information so far:

(January 14th) West Lafeyette, Indiana – RESCHEDULED TO JANUARY 26TH
(January 16th) Atlantic City, New Jersey – CANCELLED
(January 17th) Wallingford, Connecticut – CANCELLED
(January 18th) Uncasville, Connecticut – RESCHEDULED, DATE UNKNOWN

Remember, we will be getting more information over the next few hours, and some of this information may change. We will keep you updated.

http://www.gaganews.com/2010/01/15/monster-ball-performances-cancelled-andor-postponed/

My girlfriend and I were supposed to go to the Mohegan Sun show, but at least it was only rescheduled, an not cancelled like the other Connecticut show or the New Jersey show. It's unfortunate, but I hope she gets better soon. :(

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

tvb
Dec 22, 2004

We don't understand Chinese, dude!

Lady Gaga posted:

Jan 24th is GAGA FOR HELPING HAITI day. Go to https://www.ladygaga.com on the 24th + 100% of all merchandise purchased goes to earthquake relief

You are a cool bitch, Gaga.

swimming anime
Jan 4, 2006

The 'cocaine delivered to her apartment' is really just a NYC thing, not really indicative of her being particularly pampered. Door-to-door drug delivery is way more feasible when there's a lower dealer-to-streetcorner ratio than most other places.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

zerojake posted:

The 'cocaine delivered to her apartment' is really just a NYC thing, not really indicative of her being particularly pampered. Door-to-door drug delivery is way more feasible when there's a lower dealer-to-streetcorner ratio than most other places.

Yes, because the most important thing to take out of the statement "I had bags and bags of cocaine delivered to my apartment every night" is the notion that the subject was being pampered

Jarl
Nov 8, 2007

So what if I'm not for the ever offended?

Toaster Beef posted:

Yes, because the most important thing to take out of the statement "I had bags and bags of cocaine delivered to my apartment every night" is the notion that the subject was being pampered

Depends on perspective. If drugs are a-okay then yes. :) I can dig that perspective.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Jarl posted:

Depends on perspective. If drugs are a-okay then yes. :) I can dig that perspective.

I don't have any problems with recreational drug use - whatever you put into your body is your own business. It's just that I think when you're apparently going through "bags and bags" every night, you've slipped beyond 'recreational' and into something considerably more severe. Which is still, I'd say, your own business and nobody else's ... but the least of my concerns with someone going through that much cocaine in one night would be the idea that they're spoiled.

This is a petty derail, though, and I apologize for it. I just found that wording comical.

In other news, I was down near Atlantic City on Thursday night and all anybody was talking about was Lady Gaga coming to town. Pity that didn't work out. Hopefully she'll get well soon, though. I can't imagine the kind of toll putting on a show like hers has to take on the body.

Jarl
Nov 8, 2007

So what if I'm not for the ever offended?

Toaster Beef posted:

This is a petty derail, though, and I apologize for it. I just found that wording comical.

It was comical, but I doubt she takes BAGS of drugs on a daily basis. She is way too productive for that.

Anybody who knows what the requirements for the making of a music video to be considered? Specifically I miss one accompanying Telephone.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Look what our gal did.

Porcupine Hunted
Sep 7, 2008

spite house posted:

Look what our gal did.

Does this ship outside the US?

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Porcupine Hunted posted:

Does this ship outside the US?
Looks like it does!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Jarl posted:

It was comical, but I doubt she takes BAGS of drugs on a daily basis. She is way too productive for that.

Anybody who knows what the requirements for the making of a music video to be considered? Specifically I miss one accompanying Telephone.

The requirements is that the artist and label wants to make one. That's about it. Plus an agreement on budget.

I imagine UMG can see how ridiculous sales of a Lady Gaga Video Collection DVD in the future could be, so budget probably is less of a problem for her than for an artist who doesn't have a large chunk of appeal coming from their visual sense.

But she's still technically riding on the wave of "Bad Romance" as a single. "Telephone" is just getting a push to radio now, and apparently she and Beyonce have slotted a couple days at the end of the month to shoot the video for it. We could possibly see one by Valentine's Day.

• Locked thread