Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Dark Weasel
Sep 1, 2006

I don't know what it is but it's getting louder

So her new song, Bad Romance, is out, and I really dig it. Synth-heavy, and she does this crazy, low "la-la" thing that makes me grin. I was kind of disappointed that she was re-releasing The Fame with a few new tracks rather than gearing up for a whole new album, but honestly, I can't really blame her, and if it means a few new songs to play with, then hey, everyone wins.

Because everyone loves Lady Gaga

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark Weasel
Sep 1, 2006

I like Telephone. It reminds me of I Like It Rough, which is an awesome song that no one ever talks about.

Dark Weasel
Sep 1, 2006

teacup posted:

when you're in morrowind your baby has hair

I keep hearing "morrowind" too and I hate myself for it

Dark Weasel
Sep 1, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

You need Beats by Dr. Dre earbuds

I'd wear the Heartbeats from the Bad Romance video. They're cute!

Dark Weasel
Sep 1, 2006

Blodskur posted:

That is so surreal.

Dark Weasel
Sep 1, 2006

anima_maxima posted:

I can't deny my love anymore. I reviewed The Fame for a newspaper I worked for and said it was trite and annoying and her fifteen minutes were ticking...

...oh God I was so wrong. Sell the house, sell the wife, sell the kids, I love Lady Gaga and I'm never coming back.

Haha, I also think you should see if you can do a re-review, just because it would quite aptly reflect the way Lady Gaga songs grow on you in strange, hard-to-notice ways.

Dark Weasel
Sep 1, 2006

Uterus Spacecraft posted:

Wait a second, people seriously like Lady Gaga?

Nah we're just playin'

Dark Weasel
Sep 1, 2006

Nova Bizzare posted:

Brought in the new year properly, singing and dancing to Bad Romance while being filmed. Sure it'll end up on Facebook, but let them see! Its literally impossible to feel any shame when enjoying some Gaga.

I had a similar experience, but for some reason everyone at the party I was at wanted Alejandro. At first I was hesitant, because it's my least favorite song off the album- but after last night I must say it's grown on me a fair bit.

Happy new year

Dark Weasel
Sep 1, 2006

Pug posted:

http://www.youtube.com/user/iamamiw...u/0/4yAI5_YXNqI

Is apparently going viral in the music world. Theorists believe it to be any number of artists, including lady gaga.

Can any internet detectives out there confirm or deny?

Doesn't seem like her at all. For some reason it makes me think of Fever Ray, or The Knife- and The Knife have a new project in the works, though I'm not sure if that'd make for better evidence for or against.

Looks really loving cool, though, whoever it is.

Dark Weasel
Sep 1, 2006

Sockser posted:

I love Lady Gaga. Oh, she's on the cover of this month's Cosmo no homo

Yeah, but the article sucks. It's full of all the same stuff she's always complaining about, like questions about what she wears when she's just being herself, who the "real Lady Gaga" is, and stuff like that. There is a cute part where the writer is wondering what to call her, and then she arrives and introduces herself with a handshake as "Gaga," though.

God I want this telephone video baaaaaad

Dark Weasel
Sep 1, 2006

LET'S MAKE A SANDWICH

Pussy Wagon!

That video is loving outstanding.

Dark Weasel
Sep 1, 2006

emoticon posted:

To address both of these, here she is continuing to sing even after her backing track breaks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3pUItwVxyc

Holy gently caress, it's not just a vocal backing track that goes out, but all the music, and she doesn't stop for even a second. That's so god drat awesome.

Dark Weasel
Sep 1, 2006

F.F. Woodycooks posted:

Wow so I was watching cartoons with my 6 year old nephew and saw that Paparazzi is on Kidz Bop 17.

I saw it featured on a creepily overdramatic advertisement for an upcoming dog show.

Kidz Bop, though? That's kinda creepy. I mean, I'm sure they've had more inappropriate songs on there in the past, but still.

Dark Weasel
Sep 1, 2006

Waddley Hasselhoff posted:

Yeah, it's pretty bad, but I can forgive Jared Leto anything because he's just so drat PRETTY.

I get the scary feeling that no one else will do this so I'm gonna back you up on this because I completely entirely totally agree

Dark Weasel
Sep 1, 2006

Snipee posted:

Am I the only one who had to use wikipedia to check if she was white or black? I never could tell from listening to her songs on the radio, but I had concluded she was African American simply because how they have dominated mainstream music... those pictures gave me a completely different story though.

This is a hell of a thing you've written here.

Dark Weasel
Sep 1, 2006

gandlethorpe posted:

Anyone feel the new album is just... kinda boring? I don't think it's terrible, I'd definitely have it running in the background, but only a few songs stand out for me. And I loved 90% of the songs from The Fame/Monster.

Only Government Hooker and Fashion of His Love really stood out to me on my first playthrough. Usually, I only have to listen to a song once before I decide I like it or not, which was the case with TF/M.

And what's with all the "inspirational"-ish songs?

I'm with you, and I can't really put my finger on it. It's a good album in a technical sense, but I'm starting to feel like it really doesn't have any staying power. There are some standout songs (I really love Edge of Glory) but for the most part the songs just feel... "good enough." Like I said, I'm with you 100% that this is background music for me, when the other two albums were just outstanding.

Also, swear to god, this isn't coming out of general Gaga backlash. I like the chick, I'm a big fan, but this album could've been a lot better and I'm already somehow tired of it.

Dark Weasel
Sep 1, 2006

I think he gets it, you doofuses.

gandlethorpe has it right, too many Speechlesses would've made a boring and samey record, and I feel like Born This Way is a kinda boring and samey record. All of the songs sound way too similar to each other in that they're not as daring, varied or exciting as The Fame stuff, which is odd because BTW is much more ambitious than The Fame stuff.

I dunno. Obviously Hair doesn't sound the same as Americano, but they feel similar in impact to me regardless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark Weasel
Sep 1, 2006

TheJoker138 posted:

http://bit.ly/t2MVBl

She posted this on her Facebook/Twitter a little bit ago. Unreleased song, "Stuck On Fuckin' You"

Was coming here to post that. It's so hilariously not good

e: part of the backstory she posted in the run up to posting it was that she and her friends/producers wrote and performed it on a tour bus while really, really drunk