Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I absolutely unironically love absolutely everything about Lady GaGa. She is so goddamn fabulous

:swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

eXpired posted:

No, it's not just that. She's the epitome of everything that's wrong with the music industry. More people talk about the stupid poo poo she's wearing or the "outrageous" thing she did last week than they do her music. I detest everything about her for it and am surprised that most people on this board don't agree. It has nothing to do with some stupid smug and pretentious opinion about pop music in general... I just loving despise this woman because of the above.

Lady GaGa has never been known for "the outrageous thing she did last week" because the only outrageous things she does is make great music and awesome costumes.

Jerk.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

angerbotSD posted:

:toot::dance:

Leeloo Dallas pokerface

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

The Hidden Sherpa posted:

I feel like I've been hypnotized by her act. I don't listen to pop music at all, but this girl's work is phenomenal. Why is every aspect of her act so good? I have read this entire thread, listened to all her songs, seen all her videos, joined her fan site, and I still don't understand why I like it so much. Am I really that gay?

The Bad Romance video takes this all to a whole different level. I was very surprised when she went with the curly hair for that one shot. Was that the first time we've seen anything besides a braid tower or huge straight hair? I was also glad to see that she has somewhat gotten better at dancing since Paparazzi. She is getting closer to keeping up with the back-up dancers now.

This is how I started, and eventually I just gave up and decided that I must be gay to consider paying $100 for a lock of her hair

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

the orbit dress makes more sense in the video than live.

You're not supposed to have it spinning, it's supposed to be all spun but stationary

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

No she's pretty much said just that

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

I just got the new spin, and they debunk music myths, one of which being "Lady Gaga is talentless." It's pretty much the longest blurb in the article, and phenominally written for people who don't "get it," but when I tried to explain it to my coworkers, they still thought I was weird or gay.

:sigh:

I love Lady Gaga. If she has a penis, I'll suck it. I don't care, man.

edit: here it is

quote:

MYTH No. 3: Lady Gaga Is All Style, No Substance
By Chuck Eddy on November 9, 2009 4:53 PM (41) Comments

REALITY: Lady Gaga's bizarre getups only distract from the fact that she's a brilliant songwriter.

Lady Gaga's purportedly transgressive persona -- wearing doilies over her head in lieu of pants, possibly having a secret penis -- relentlessly dares you to despise her, and it's no surprise so many have taken the bait.

The press focuses on her performance-art shtick in lieu of her songs, so even though The Fame has been one of 2009's biggest-selling albums, nobody seems to have pointed out that it's also one of the best.

Partly it's the sound -- an unabashedly bonkers, rubbery synth-loop boogie that manages to sell back 35 years of esoteric Eurotrash as something unmistakably in-your-face and American, without ever branding itself as retro. If you're tuned in to them, blatantly uncool references abound: Ace of Base's Swedish reggae, Aqua's Danish Barbie twirl, Boney M.'s Teutonic West Indies world disco; her single "Paparazzi" has the ominous minor-key fragility of '80s Italo-pop.

Gaga ropes in distorted rhythms from KMFDM sprocket-rock to Peaches electroclash. But she also croons a cascading Latin freestyle ballad called "Brown Eyes," heartfelt enough to be Lisa Lisa in 1987.

And in her flirtiest tracks, "Boys Boys Boys" and "Summerboy," she's a California girl on Echo Beach, bopping along to Blondie in her new-wave bikini.

All of which would already be wonderful if Gaga's songwriting wasn't just as inventive. But on The Fame, she leaves no doubt that word games are as much her idea of a good time as love games. "Poker Face" extends a gambling metaphor through several verses as cleverly as any country outlaw. Over the hard thump of "Just Dance," a celebratory night out implodes into fright and confusion in ways so mundane it's a shock no lyricist thought to detail them before: A boozed-up girl misplaces her keys and phone, turns her shirt inside out, forgets what club she's in and what song is playing.

Gaga's most inescapable obsession albumwide, though, is kinky sex, which she's sane enough to depict as not so much decadent as funny. And through it all, she's tossing off nonsense syllables and phrasing pirouettes and juvenile side chants and martial Marine grunts and cherry-cherry-boom-booms just to throw you off balance, preferably without losing her own footing. If you play along with her bag of tricks and disco sticks, accept her pretensions as a new twist on club music's costumed tradition, and refuse to be blindsided by her backstory, it's as delirious a dance as you've witnessed all year.

Sockser fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Nov 29, 2009

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Obligatory Toast posted:

No, I'm pretty sure it isn't.

To the contrary, I am pretty sure it is censored.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Blodskur posted:

This performance of Just Dance is still phenomenal.

It's rather inappropriate to have Lady Gaga on "So you think you can dance?" Truthbetold, her dancing is the weakest part of her act, though it's finally catching up

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

In case any one is interested
http://www.facebook.com/pages/RA-RA-RA-AH-AH-AH-ROMA-RO-MA-MA-GAGA-OOH-LA-LA/184841839670?ref=pymk

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

7lip posted:

Fun fact: My favourite bands are h2o and bane... why in gods name I have an addiction to Lady Gaga is completely beyond me.

I listen to lovely indie music and ska.

Don't worry, we're all gay friends in this thread.

Lady Gaga Megathread 2: Gay Men's Support Club

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Or the crusades

edit: or the beginning of the universe. that's pretty holy. existence and all.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

7lip posted:

This inspired me to google "lady gaga anime" annndd...

http://blog.girlybubble.com/2009/11/21/lady-gaga-in-anime-form-again-as-chibi-gaga/ kuwaiiiiiiiiii!

Some of these are tempting, but I'd rather not advertise my homosexuality on the forums outside of this thread

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Her Kermit suit looked so good but when she wore it she had 2.5 lazy eyes uggggh

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

#Ladygaygay

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

loving 4chan :argh:

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

too much loving noise coming out at once

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Hairhat !!

:neckbeard:

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Hey thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEpj9w1yz64&feature=player_embedded

Sup.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

not me, no.

I'm not that gay.

I am that gay

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

I've not seen it posted before and it made me giggle like a school girl

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Happy Lady Gaga day, as per the unofficial Facebook event.

Finally bit the bullet and purchased Monster censored. Boooooooo.

It's still fantastic.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Stupid girlfriend has control over the remote so I ended up watching stupid Criminal minds all night instead of the Grammys. I requireeee a youtube link that won't go away in five minutes, damnit

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

The Remote Viewer posted:

I agree, she looked great, as always. The only outfit of hers I really didn't like was the muppet getup.

I liked the outfit, but when she wore it it looked as though someone had punched her in the eye or something as it was all wonked off to the side which just made everything look terrible

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

who wants chicken posted:

there is no :goonsay: big enough holy poo poo

Here is a polka version of Bad Romance (starts at 0:30). It's better than it sounds. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RgRwIVMfM4

More of a ska cover than a polka cover

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

F.F. Woodycooks posted:

There are 3 shots of the Telephone video up on Lady Gaga's website. Bitch outdid the hairbow with the motherfucking HAIR TELEPHONE

edit: Got to a PC here's the shots

The only word I can think of is :swoon:

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Not to derail the thread but some of those choices are absolutely dreadful, speaking as a manchild. Best couple is a big dissapointment, as well as being forced to choose between Zac Efron and the Sprouse brothers. I remember when people like Tim Allen won best actor at the KCA. What happened, man?

Also Linkin Park as best band. They haven't even put out an album since like, 2007

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Programmable Soda posted:

No, it's just a bad Just Dance and Love at First Sight rip-off :mad:

more like a
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoUj-mfzQ7A
ripofff

edit: wrong video :downs:

Sockser fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Mar 2, 2010

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

I almost brought Uffie up yesterday. I actually thought Kesha was Uffie the first time I heard Kesha on the radio. I had no idea there was enough room out there two of these. I guess there is a market out there for awful "rapping" about stuff teenage girls might be interested in?

Is Uffie supposed to be ironicly bad or something? I never really understood why her song was included on that Justice album.

tthhee ppaarrttyy is one of my favorite tracks on Cross. :smith:

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

:f5:

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

The one week I don't watch ABDC :(

and why the gently caress are the videos so tiny

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

F.F. Woodycooks posted:

Telephone is going to premiere on E! News at 11:30 EST on Thursday, March 11th. The video is also going to be TEN MINUTES LONG.

If this is true, then it being pushed back by like a month is totally cool with me.

Also, Spring break, hanging out with some high school friends friday night, gaga comes up, turns out all my friends are into her. Dudes into hip-hop and punk and stuff and we all agree that Gaga is great. :3:

I love Lady Gaga. Oh, she's on the cover of this month's Cosmo no homo

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

I feel like I'm waiting for the premiere of Thriller 2 or something

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

I am light-headed and jittery ater watching that. Incredible.

I thought her sunglasses with the coke can hair was made of combs. Was dissapointed on second inspection.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

I really hope Videophone isn't the sequel to this video :ohdear: that song is dreadful

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

lol @ GBS making GBS threads it's pants about Gaga

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

The Virgin Mobile spot is the only placement that I feel is really out of place and blatant. All the rest are fine or integral.

Wonderbread/Miracle whip is relevant to the diner scene as a whole, I feel.

Diet coke is aesthetic,
The honey bun is name-based, since I think Little Debbie calls them Honey Buns
The polaroid is what it is

I think that's all of them? D&G doesn't really count I guess. The Virgin Mobile is jarring, though.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

The bride, or the cyclops girl from Kill Bill would both fit the (heh) bill

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

The virgin mobile one still irks me, though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Being a student, as pleased as I am that Gaga is coming to Pittsburgh, I can't afford to spend $200 on tickets for a show :(

• Locked thread