Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY
Back when they cancelled the Fame Kills tour, I sad "Gee, I hope she goes on tour with Kid Cudi next so they can play 'Poke Her Face' together!"

I got my wish.

He's opening on this tour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY
The wife decided it would be OK to not wake me up at 10 AM yesterday to get tickets as planned. Of course, being the San Francisco show, it sold out in the hour she let me sleep in. We're both really bummed now. Guess we'll have to go with scalpers.

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY

cluelessnewbie posted:

I have a VIP "meet 'n greet" ticket for San Diego. If you got to take a picture with Lady Gaga, what would you wear? I'm a dude.

A suit made entirely from Miss Piggy dolls

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY
New footage of her pre-gaga stuff http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM51qOpwcIM&feature=player_embedded God drat this is good. She needs to do these as Lady Gaga songs.

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY

ArmoredBlue posted:

If I'm not mistaken that sound effect is called a "hoover" and is used a lot in rave music.

You're not mistaken, it's the "WhatThe?" patch on the Roland Alpha Juno 2 synth. Really takes me back to 1999...

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY

Marshmallow Mayhem posted:

I have acquired a mashup called Just Stop Believing, Just Dance vs Don't Stop Believing. Amazing.

Oh my god that's awesome!

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY
Going to the San Francisco show tonight, pretty loving excited. I'll be the goon in the poofy white shirt and rather large top-hat if anyone else is going.

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY

Jonny_Rocket posted:

It's a shame really, I kind of was looking forward to Kid Cudi.

He was good, but he wasn't THAT great. It's low-key stoner rap. I've heard a rumour about Adam Lambert replacing him, which I think would be a much better fit due to his glam outlandishness.

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY

SpecialAgentCooper posted:

Ugh I really don't want to have to resort to ticket scalpers but I missed the Boston show and the CT shows are pretty much all gone except for the pricey ones. Should I do it? I mean this is a big enough tour that it seems safe to assume she won't be coming back for a while

It is worth it to do whatever you have to do to see this show. By far the most entertaining concert I've been to.

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY

Advice posted:

Semi Precious Weapons opened for her, they were a joke.

This is truth. They were godawful. Was it just SPW and Gaga at the San Diego show? Is Kid Cudi already booted with no replacement?

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY

I want to go to this so bad...

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY
Don't know if anyone mentioned this yet, but a report from the wife indicates that Telephone is the next single (They made a big deal on our local radio station about how today was the first time it was played on radio)
Very looking forward to the video!

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY

7lip posted:

Umm I have heard it on the radio here before (Ottawa).

Huh, maybe they just meant on that station? Or maybe on a totally corporate clearchannel owned station in the U.S. ?

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY

legsarerequired posted:

- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0i4GunURRY
- A viola/violin/weird string thing?? arrangement of Pokerface.

Apologies for the late-ish reply, but this is a violin, upright bass, and hammer dulcimer arrangement. I loving loved it.

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY

Skilleddk posted:

Anyway, I got a question. I'm thinking of buying the Lady GaGa sunglasses (from her official shop). I live in Sweden, so I'll be paying a total of 28 bucks. Are they worth it, or should I shop more (to reduce shipping costs).

My wife has them, and I think she just loves them because they say Lady Gaga on them. They're regular plastic sunglasses that you could get at the dollar store with her logo on the side. Kinda disappointed considering how known she is for her awesome sunglasses.

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY
One of her outfits looks like it was referencing The Spirit of Detroit

quote:

In its left hand, the large seated figure holds a gilt bronze sphere emanating rays to symbolize God. In its right hand, is a family group symbolizing all human relationships.

Given all that Gaga's done for marriage equality for gay families, this seems like a reference to "God and the Gays"

quote:

A plaque in front of the sculpture bears the inscription, "Through the spirit of man is manifested in the family, the noblest human relationship."

This pretty much mirrors the argument of what just happened in the Prop 8 federal trial here in California.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but given how big she is on symbolism...

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY

Crows Turn Off posted:

Just curious, what has she done, other than say she supports it?

She's always marching in Pride, she gave a GREAT speech and performace in Washington D.C. at HRC's annual dinner, and she just did This benefit concert in Atlantic City. She also auctioned off a meet-and-greet with her for Cyndi Lauper's HRC benefit auction.

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY

VirtualReality posted:

Before the concert I went to they had Gaga in commercials for a charity for homeless GLBT youths, encouraging people to donate or volunteer, and that she'd match any donation that day. Apparently some volunteers got VIP packages or something.

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that part too, and I even donated to it! Virgin was involved in that charity, so props to them!

Edit: But then again Crows was asking about marriage equality, not GLBT issues in general.

Diamonds On MY Fish fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Feb 2, 2010

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY
Yeah, that's the one

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY

Blue Scream posted:

You mean the comic book?

Nope.

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY
I LOVE Little Boots! I constantly find myself having her album Stuck On Repeat.
I really hope she gets big when it comes out in the US (March 3rd I think?)

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

Have they? I would suspect for the way things were shot/framed that only Nokia and Plenty of Fish were paid placements. The other items seemed to me to be included in order to further the Americana themes all over the place.

Polaroid too. Well, maybe not paid? She is their new creative director. She probably gets paid when people buy heartbeats too.

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY

freep posted:

Can she cook a pan of biscuits to go with the venison, assuming she has the ability to get it in the first place?

I bet she could make you a nice sandwich!

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY
There's something going on here. After re-watching Telephone for the umpteenth time last night on vevo, it decided to show me the video for Video Phone which I hadn't watched in a while. Beyonce's shoes are ketchup red, Gaga's are mustard yellow. They also had alternating ketchup/mustard colored guns. When I saw Gaga live, there was a couple dressed up as a bottle of ketchup and a bottle of mustard. What can this be about? Who's the largest ketchup manufacturer in the country? Heinz. Owned by? Teresa Heinz-Kerry. Married to? John Kerry. THE John Kerry of Skull and Bones society fame.

Further proof that Lady Gaga is an illuminati plant.

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY

CapCityGoofBall posted:

Holy poo poo, Gaga in LA for my 21st birthday, and in San Jose on the 16th?!

Either one will be the best goddamned birthday ever.

Anyone wanna buy me the tickets? :3:

I'm saddened that she's skipping playing in San Francisco again for this. C'mon, gayest city in the country! Oh well, I'll drive 3 hours each way on a Monday night for Gaga.

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY
Yesss! The "Gaga is an Illuminati Puppet" blogger dude finally did an article about the Telephone video:
http://vigilantcitizen.com/?p=3423

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY

Waddley Hasselhoff posted:

Why don't awesome shows ever come to Hawaii? Maybe if I write her a letter... maybe she'll come here? :shobon:

We were just there, and a girl saw my wife wearing her "Boys Boys Boys" shirt and started going off about that very same thing.

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY
Gaga just tweeted an Out Magazine interview with the woman who plays her prison girlfriend:
http://www.out.com/detail.asp?id=26601

Lady Gaga posted:

OK, you're going to be my prison girlfriend, and you're going to come to me, and I'd like you to touch me inappropriately.

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY
I don't get all the Alejandro hate. It opens with Csárdás! How could you not love that?

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY
$200 for the San Jose, CA show. Thinking of actually flying up to Tacoma to go to that show as I've been meaning to get back up to Seattle anyways, and a friend up there told me there's still $70 tickets.

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY
The best way to fish!

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY

mastapasta posted:

http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,1972075_1972078_1972195,00.html

Vote for Lady Gaga to be one of TIME's 100 influential people!

She's already at #2, only 100 or so votes behind Conan O'Brien!
Vote vote vote! :f5:

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY
Not sure if anyone's pointed this out yet, but tonight the show Glee returns, and it's the Gaga episode!

Glee posted:

In the show's upcoming Gaga episode, which was shooting Monday, Corey Monteith won't be wearing crime-scene tape, he said, referring to a Gaga get-up in her recent "Telephone" video. Chris Colfer was pleased to have danced in 10-inch heels and emerged unscathed. And Kevin McHale seemed to hint that not all the guys got their Gaga on to the same degree.

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY

F.F. Woodycooks posted:

It's not tonight I think that one is going to be in May.

Damnit you're right. I misread an article about it saying that it's both A) coming back tonight and B) going to do a Lady Gaga episode.

:qq:

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY

Sprat Sandwich posted:

'Alejandro' owns, QTIYD!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY
Almost sprayed water out of my nose at the "I wanna fu-fu-fu-gently caress you as hard as I can" line. Love it!

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY

Felix Girl posted:

Also, can't wait for Alejandro. Anyone know for sure when it's coming out?

I read yesterday in an article that the video is out in June. Read in a different article that the single gets released in the U.K. on June 24, so I'm imagine late june for the video.

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Gaga goons, I need your help! My wife is a huge Gaga fan and a disability theory scholar. She is working on a Powerpoint presentation about disability and sexuality, and wants to include the images of Gaga in a wheelchair and on crutches from the "Paparazzi" video. Unfortunately, the only images we've found online are small and really low-quality. I've seen some of you make some pretty amazing screen captures from her videos, so can anyone help us out by capturing decent shots of the wheelchair and the crutches? Heck, if it's not too much trouble, animated GIFs (maybe twice the size of SA avatars) would be incredible. Thank you in advance!

My wife (and myself!) are both big Gaga fans and the wife works in the disability industry as well! I can at least help you out with the screencaps, in exchange can we get a copy of the presentation? It sounds fascinating.

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY
Did anyone else notice that her headdress looks exactly like the symbol for Baphomet? The inverted-cross-on-crotch thing also reminds me of a certain satanic ritual... I am as well eagerly awaiting the vigilentcitizen review of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY
All her singles get shirts. There's a Dance in the Dark shirt. There's also a shirt with a line from Speechless but I don't really see her putting that out as a single.

• Locked thread