Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

Taliaquin posted:

I am so confused. Gaga did the mermaid look for You and I a couple of years ago, so it's not like she's only now done mermaid imagery. I don't really know who Azealia Banks is, though, so I could be missing something. This seems like a very minor thing to get pissed over.
Azealia Banks's whole career has essentially been starting one-sided Twitter fights over the tiniest perceived slight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

somnambulist posted:

I mean look how people talk about her:

Akon on Gaga: "I cashed out before it was too late"
When asked by Sway if Akon was still involved with Lady Gaga, he had this to say:

"Actually I cashed out. I got out while the gooding was hot. It's like a business, you build it to sell it. When I got it to the peak of where I felt it couldn't go nowhere, and there was nowhere left to go but down, I cashed out, in other words I sold my share and got out before it was too late."

I mean I get it, it's business. But drat.

Those are some pretty rich words coming from him, considering I can't even remember the last time Akon was relevant.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Honestly I think Artpop is her second-strongest release, behind Fame Monster :shrug:

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Someone said that this song sounded like a "fire eurovision bop" and I can really see the comparison. I don't think it's one of her best singles but it's a solid, fun track. In general, I've missed Gaga's presence in the pop world; I feel like her stuff has a lot more personality than most of the generic Chainsmokers ft. Whoever EDM stuff on the charts right now.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Really love the new album and seconding the confusion as to why they picked "Perfect Illusion" as the lead single. I don't think this album has the massive hits people probably wanted from a Gaga album, but I feel comfortable in saying that this is her best, most consistent, and most mature album. Favorite track so far is "Sinner's Prayer".

• Locked thread