Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001
I like lady gaga because even though she's a pop artist, she at least tries to push people's buttons by being weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001
S/he's a hermaphrodite according to some news sources:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/en...r-1225759835796

quote:

"Its not something that I'm ashamed of, just isn't something that i go around telling everyone. Yes. I have both male and female genitalia, but i consider myself a female," she reportedly wrote in a blog back in December 2008.

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001
Lady Gaga is awesome even if her music isn't my favorite. She's at least trying to do something different with pop.

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001

eXpired posted:

No, it's not just that. She's the epitome of everything that's wrong with the music industry. More people talk about the stupid poo poo she's wearing or the "outrageous" thing she did last week than they do her music. I detest everything about her for it and am surprised that most people on this board don't agree. It has nothing to do with some stupid smug and pretentious opinion about pop music in general... I just loving despise this woman because of the above.

Who do you prefer within the pop music genre?

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001

LuckySevens posted:

Someone with something to say, not someone throwing together past superstars gimmicks/PR marketing to see how far they can go with it.

There's not much left to do that hasn't been done already, honestly. Everything that was popular at some point will pop up again eventually when the market is ready for it.

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001

cluelessnewbie posted:

I have a VIP "meet 'n greet" ticket for San Diego. If you got to take a picture with Lady Gaga, what would you wear? I'm a dude.

Nothing but a smile?

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001
I was curious about Dance In The Dark being a Goth/Industrial throwback so I looked it up on YouTube and...not exactly, but I definitely see the influence. Great song.

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001
You have to wonder whether she started some of the rumors herself. Most great artists have a bevy of rumors about them at some point.

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001

Thornes posted:

Someone's gonna get laid!

Yeah Lady Gaga probably...

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001
No matter how many times I listen all I can hear in Bad Romance is 'I want your Psycho, your vertical stick, while you admire it, baby it's sick'

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001

Azzmo posted:

I've got that with Poker face:

"He'll read my,
he'll read my,
no he can't read-ah my poker face.
She doesn't love nobody."

I don't care what the CD liner notes say the lyrics are because that's what she sings :colbert:

At least that's plausible. I tried to look it up on Google to see what other people thought and several sites had it as 'I want you in my room when your baby is sick.'

:confused:

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001

It's amazing how different a good makeup job can make a woman look. She looks almost manly in these pictures, but in her videos she's super hot.

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001
How loving long does it take to send 3 AAC files to iTunes or something?

I object to censored Lady Gaga on principle and also object to buying the same album twice on principle.

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001

Final Fart Buttball posted:

I just checked your post history and it's like 50% the comic book forum.

You're over the age of a teenager (I'm guessing) and you still read comic books, hahaha. You have no grounds saying anything.

edit - THEY'RE NOT DOLLS THEY'RE ACTION FIGURES

Helldump is closed dumbfuck, don't play internet detective in the music forum.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001
I have no idea what Lady Gaga actually looks like she changes appearance so much.

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001
What are they worried about snow for, if God is on their side to the degree that no one outside their church goes to heaven?

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001

Ezzie posted:

:a2m:

Any news on new albums coming up?

She hasn't even released the second single from the one that come out in November...

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001
Ahaha:

ladygaga
pretty genius, big huge man banging on the car window outside the arena, trying to sell me scalped tickets to my own show. yoouuu skalliwag

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001

Crows Turn Off posted:

The stupid news ticker I saw said "LADY GAGA PASSES...", then when you clicked on it, "LADY GAGA PASSES OUT BEFORE CONCERT YESTERDAY." Seriously, what the hell.

I hope it was just illness or dehydration and not drugs, though, because I don't want to have to dislike her.

Lady Gaga was a cokehead before she was even famous, sorry

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001

Crows Turn Off posted:

I don't personally think "she comes up with weird things" is proof or evidence of drugs. She very well may have done them, though, but if she did, I hope she still doesn't.

In that Rolling Stone cover article a while back she said she'd get coke delivered to her apartment and spend all night getting herself dressed up.

You know you're a cokehead when you get that poo poo delivered like Dominoes

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001

Crowbear posted:

Also, that podcast was the best thing ever because I found out that she loves to listen to old school Metal when she's at home off tour :3:

She said on Oprah she did a burlesque version of an Iron Maiden song when she was first getting started.

I was thinking 'I bet no one in this audience has ever heard of Iron Maiden'

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001
Bjork punches papparazi, Lady Gaga wrote a song about them

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001
Lady Gaga Megathread: i think i just peed a little

(ladygaga http://fashionindie.com/random-lady-gaga-cookies/ this is so amazing. i'm laughing so hard, i think just peed a little my fans are the best)

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001

helsabot posted:

i don't mean to be rude but everybody saying this: have you never been to a concert before

I've been to WAYYYY too many concerts and I still think her show looks amazing based on what I've seen of it.

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001

spite house posted:

I have no idea why the fashion blogs are making GBS threads all over Gaga's outfit. I thought she looked beautiful and the dress was great.

The same reason music snobs poo poo all over her music.

I agree, she looked great, as always. The only outfit of hers I really didn't like was the muppet getup.

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001
I really don't get how anyone could realistically pick Taylor Swift over Lady Gaga for anything. Lady Gaga's pretty much got it all as far as pop music goes.

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001
Teeth is still censored on the iTunes US uncensored version.

:ughh:

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001
Whoa, what the hell, I just bought Fame Monster on iTunes and the version of Alejandro on this is completely different than the one I've been listening to for 3 months.

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001

Sprat Sandwich posted:

How so?
The iTunes version is slower and there's a lot of synth I've never heard before.

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001

Blodskur posted:

So you've only been listening to the demo version for the past while?

Apparently so.

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001
I hate whoever suggested Monster is about date rape. That's all I can hear now, and it's turned a fun song about a bad boy into something much darker.

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001

Blue Scream posted:

Is this really it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tE9TeV3ymTY ?

Because to me it just sounds like I'm listening to a song on a radio station with a ton of static. I like the iTunes version a lot better than that one.

Yeah, that's it. I'm not sure which version I like better at this point, though I do kind of like the fact that the demo is faster.

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001

Crows Turn Off posted:

Also, there's only one way a person would be listening to that one instead of the CD version....

Yeah, someone that doesn't want to buy a censored CD. I would have bought it when it came out but an uncensored version of the album just became available in the US like a week ago, and only on iTunes at that (and one song is still censored).

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001

Crows Turn Off posted:

What song is still censored?

'Teeth' apparently still has the word 'bitch' censored in it.

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001
Acts like Lady Gaga tend to inspire strange amounts of devotion.

It doesn't really seem to matter what the music is actually like, it seems to be based around larger than life personas.

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001
I thought music videos as an artform were pretty much dead before I saw Bad Romance.

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001

Yer Burnt posted:

Brit Awards performance. Telephone (Acoustic) and Dance In The Dark.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HpaI9fUO5Y

This is really out of sync for me.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love her use of masks in her outfits.

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001
She needs to start dyeing her eyebrows.

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001

F.F. Woodycooks posted:

Holy poo poo Gaga

edit: her quote on the picture: ""We all know that one of the biggest talking points of the year was that I have a dick, so why not give them what they want? I want to wear a dick strapped to my vagina."

The nipple is more noticeable than the dick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001

F.F. Woodycooks posted:

Ahahahahaha Gaga is nominated for two Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards: Favorite Female Singer and Favorite Song for Paparazzi. It's all up to Internet voting, so maybe gaga fans can outvote Taylor Swift.

That's perverse. I don't think I'd let a Nickelodeon-watching child listen to Lady Gaga.

• Locked thread