Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eXpired
Feb 11, 2004

Get in!
So this thread has actually turned into an unironic Lady Gaga love fest? Seriously?

Seriously?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eXpired
Feb 11, 2004

Get in!

weekly font posted:

Heh you're listening to pop music? That stuff for kids? :smug:

No, it's not just that. She's the epitome of everything that's wrong with the music industry. More people talk about the stupid poo poo she's wearing or the "outrageous" thing she did last week than they do her music. I detest everything about her for it and am surprised that most people on this board don't agree. It has nothing to do with some stupid smug and pretentious opinion about pop music in general... I just loving despise this woman because of the above.

eXpired
Feb 11, 2004

Get in!

The Remote Viewer posted:

Who do you prefer within the pop music genre?

I guess it depends on what's considered Pop, which I'm not even sure about anymore. Billboard lists Kings of Leon as being in the pop charts, which I enjoy. The Fray is OK sometimes. Image is a part of any band, but these bands don't rely on it in the same way Lady Gaga does.

But if you're trying to make a point, then sure... I don't like 9/10 of the pop artists listed on Billboard's top pop list. I don't think it's fair to say someone's a smug bastard just for disliking the majority of pop music, though.

That said, fair enough... if you dig it, listen to it. Go nuts. I was just surprised that a thread that started as a troll on Lady Gaga (and was hilarious) morphed into a thread about finding concert tickets to see her.

eXpired
Feb 11, 2004

Get in!

Look Under The Rock posted:

"The Fame" is as much a social commentary as "Pride and Prejudice" is.

This. This is why I'm still reading this thread.

eXpired
Feb 11, 2004

Get in!

Illandir posted:

That was 100% serious, I will write an entire monograph comparing the two if you don't believe it.

(for real)

I would love to read it. My joy from it doesn't care whether you're serious or not. I just think it would be funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eXpired
Feb 11, 2004

Get in!

Earwicker posted:

Why would you detest anyone for this :confused:

Meh, it doesn't matter. No need to argue with peeps in this thread about Gaga... she's just not my thing.

• Locked thread