Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Final Fart Buttball
Jun 24, 2005

juicecube posted:

Does she really have a tiny penis in addition to a vagina? (serious post)

Don't just take my word for it, take hers from Twitter today:

ladygaga Love you Japan! Pokerface just went #1! Thanku!!. My show was so good last night. I just had to go home and suck my own hermie dick, suckka about 6 hours ago from TwitterBerry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Final Fart Buttball
Jun 24, 2005
Concert dates just released:

Perez Hilton's site posted:

The dates for "The Monster Ball" are:

November 27 – Montreal, Quebec, Canada – The Bell Center
November 28 – Toronto, Ontario, Canada – Air Canada Center
November 29 – Ottawa, Ontario, Canada – Scotiabank Place
December 01 – Boston, MA – Wang Center
December 02 – Boston, MA – Wang Center
December 03 – Camden, NJ – Susquehanna
December 09 – Vancouver, BC, Canada – Queen Elizabeth Theatre
December 10 – Vancouver, BC, Canada – Queen Elizabeth Theatre
December 13 – San Francisco, CA – Bill Graham Civic
December 18 – Las Vegas, NV – TBD
December 19 – San Diego, CA – San Diego Sports Arena
December 21 – Los Angeles, CA – Nokia Theatre
December 29 – Atlanta, GA – Fox Theater
December 31 – Miami, FL – Knight Center
January 03 – Orlando, FL – The Hard Rock
January 07 – St. Louis, MO – The Fox
January 08 – Chicago, IL – Chicago Theatre
January 09 – Chicago, IL – Chicago Theatre
January 12 – Detroit, MI – Fox Theater
January 16 – Atlantic City, NJ – Borgata
January 20 – New York, NY – Radio City Music Hall
January 21 – New York, NY – Radio City Music Hall

While I only think her songs are okay-ish and I'm not rushing out to buy her album or see her in concert, I like her a lot for another reason:

In a period of time where bisexuality or lesbianism in pop music is portrayed as some kind of gimmick novelty or a weekend lesbian fling (looking at you, Katy Perry), Lady Gaga at least seems like she's doing what she can to support and speak out for gay or bisexual people without hiding behind some kind of "I KISSED A GIRL AND I LIKED IT, I HOPE MY BOYFRIEND DON'T MIND IT" irony curtain.

Final Fart Buttball fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Oct 15, 2009

Final Fart Buttball
Jun 24, 2005
Well if that Bad Romance video wasn't the single most interesting video by a pop superstar in the last few years, I'd be surprised.

Final Fart Buttball
Jun 24, 2005
I swear to god "Speechless" samples or pays tribute to some Beatles riff but I don't know enough about the Beatles to name the song. Am I imagining things here or what

Final Fart Buttball
Jun 24, 2005
If you think that there isn't a little more under the surface to Lady Gaga than to something like the Black Eyed Peas, I really don't know what to tell you. You at least have to admit that she's a little more interesting/thoughtful than most top 40 acts, even if you don't like her music

Reacharound posted:

content: "Paparazzi" kinda sounds like "Don't Stop Believin'".

Not really at all

Final Fart Buttball fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Nov 25, 2009

Final Fart Buttball
Jun 24, 2005
I'm really loving reading through the 1-star reviews of the Christmas Tree song on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Christmas-Tre...nDateDescending

"How could you take such a great idea ("a new free Holiday song every day until Christmas") and then totally ruin it with explicit lyrics and explicit references to sex? So far, 2 out of the 6 offerings are too disgusting to download. This song does not meet my definition of the Holiday Spirit by any stretch of the imagination. I'm sorry that I even clicked on the preview button. I'm very disappointed in you, Amazon, and I know you can do better than this."

"Yet another awful song on the 25 days of free Christmas Songs. Why does Amazon insist on including songs like this one? It's not a Christmas song - it's a song about sex. Another disappointment."

"I find this song offensive, with all it's sexual content being forced upon Christmas. I wish that Amazon would have chosen a different song for the free download."

"This song has no place listed on any Christmas play list. I am glad that is was the first person to listen to this song and decide whether or not to add it to our music library. Shouldn't it be safe to let their kids listen to songs on a Christmas list and not worry about if the song is sexually explicit? Sad, now we have to worry about Christmas songs being inappropriate!"

"Amazon should know better than to insult and offend people by placing this type of music on any "Christmas" list!"

"OK, when I listen to Christmas music, I expect to hear about Christmas, not about promiscuous behavior taking place under the Christmas tree. Not only was this not a very good song, from a compositional perspective, it was terrible subject matter as well. I was appalled."

"raunchy sex song not appropriate for 25 days of Christmas! Amazon: shame, shame on you. did you even listen to this song? Good grief."

"Another example of the liberal media and the artists they try to promote degrading Christians and their beliefs. I feel like I'm living in a cesspool! I can't even download a Christmas song with out being fed their degenerate garbage. The moral decay of the late great USA is getting out of control. Wake up Sheeple before it's too late." <--- this one is probably satire, but you never know.

"The meaning of Christmas doesn't even enter into this smut song. In fact, it has no place being considered a Christmas song the holiest historical event of all time. Shame on you GaGa."

"This song is terrible. It's totally inappropriate and disgusting and the worst thing it doesn't even have a good beat. What a waste. Glad I got the download for free."

Final Fart Buttball
Jun 24, 2005

Redditor posted:

Though the vocal melodies aren't bad when not copped (not that I dislike the reappropriation), the vocal cadence is stilted and undesirably robotic, the beat silly. It's possible to think the song bad without having to get up in arms over the lyrics. :colbert:

Oh I'm aware of that, don't worry. I'm definitely cool with someone not liking the song but I just find the people that hate it because it 'desecrates Christmas' hilarious

Final Fart Buttball
Jun 24, 2005
Why would you be worried about looking gay? :confused:

Final Fart Buttball
Jun 24, 2005
I never really looked until now but I just realized how much stuff there is beyond The Fame / The Fame Monster: her Red & Blue EP when she was calling herself Stefani, an entire bootleg of B-Sides and Unreleased songs, etc.

Final Fart Buttball
Jun 24, 2005
I can't take "Alejandro" for some reason. I think because it has a little too many shades of that "Fernando" song by ABBA

Final Fart Buttball
Jun 24, 2005

Happy Hippo posted:

A lot of you are grown men.

I just checked your post history and it's like 50% the comic book forum.

You're over the age of a teenager (I'm guessing) and you still read comic books, hahaha. You have no grounds saying anything.

edit - THEY'RE NOT DOLLS THEY'RE ACTION FIGURES

Final Fart Buttball
Jun 24, 2005
I completely ironically have 100ish Lady Gaga plays on last.fm. It's ironic bitch.

But for real why do you care if she produces and masters the music? Yes she writes her own music but why does she have to produce and master it too :confused:

Final Fart Buttball fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Jan 1, 2010

Final Fart Buttball
Jun 24, 2005
She was on that MTV Boiling Points show a while ago apparently:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri-KO34tpMU

"Who puts that in their mouth, would you put that in your mouth? It has poo poo all over it! Clearly you would because you're just like hosed up"

Final Fart Buttball
Jun 24, 2005

HVD posted:

I've been wearing out my copy of The Fame and The Fame Monster, is there any other material out there?

Stefani - Red and Blue EP

It's her before she got big

Final Fart Buttball
Jun 24, 2005

Ezzie posted:

Any news on new albums coming up?

From GagaDaily, who Lady Gaga herself is aware of and has mentioned: "Just got official confirmation - Lady GaGa will release her third album in late 2010!"

Final Fart Buttball
Jun 24, 2005

The Remote Viewer posted:

Bjork punches papparazi, Lady Gaga wrote a song about them

This is an argument in Bjork's favor

Final Fart Buttball
Jun 24, 2005
Additionally, I think MGMT were nominated for the best new artist category for an album that came out in 2007.

Final Fart Buttball
Jun 24, 2005
http://twitpic.com/11firi

"beautiful photo taken of me the moment I found out i won my grammys. All the hundreds of songs I wrote, the thousands of shows, the fans, all the blood and tears flashing instantly. photo by haus member the famous "Dada" Williams"

I thought it was cute, anyway

Final Fart Buttball
Jun 24, 2005
My first album that I remember loving was TLC's "CrazySexyCool" when I was like 7-8 years old; I didn't lend any special meaning to the lyrics about sex or whatever probably because I just thought it was a Gross And Boring Thing Adults Did (like eating non-sugary cereal), and it did nothing to screw me up mentally I promise.

Basically don't tell your kids what a disco stick is and you should be fine

Final Fart Buttball
Jun 24, 2005
Tik Tok is one of the most irritating pop songs I've heard recently, no way. That and the Bedrock song by Young Money or whoever the group is officially called

Kesha will disappear forever in 14 minutes though, which is consolation.

Final Fart Buttball
Jun 24, 2005
For me it's going to be hard for her to top "Christmas Tree". It's kind of a novelty yeah but I've never heard a song so fun and playful and sacrilegious at the same time

Final Fart Buttball
Jun 24, 2005
Eh the Bad Romance video was much better. The Telephone video had less to do with the actual song and was more of an excuse for her to make a mini-Tarintino film. Which is fine I guess, but Bad Romance had more symbolism

Final Fart Buttball
Jun 24, 2005

weekly font posted:

Also Beyonce's "motherfucker" being bleeped out when nothing else is seems weird.

"dick" was bleeped out at the beginning of the video.

P.S.

Final Fart Buttball
Jun 24, 2005
Was she visually referencing Klaus Nomi at the beginning of the Telephone video, when she walks into the jail?

Final Fart Buttball
Jun 24, 2005
Fuckin hell I hate that band, they're the same people who did that lovely/worthless "Single Ladies" cover that took everything good out of the song and made it dull, then got youtube-famous for it. The girl has a look on her face the whole time like "yeah I'm covering a song by a black person, this is so naughty!"

Final Fart Buttball
Jun 24, 2005

Kara Thrace posted:

I don't get Alejandro. I don't understand why it's there, for me every single song on the album is fantastic, but that. I can't bloody listen to it.

I have a feeling Alejandro won't go to #1 and it'll break her #1 single streak she has going. I can barely stand it either

Final Fart Buttball
Jun 24, 2005

HookShot posted:

I love this picture for some reason.

Final Fart Buttball
Jun 24, 2005
I'm like the only person that didn't think it was that funny. "guy dresses up as a chick haha" humor always falls flat with me I guess

NicelyNice, Perez Hilton tweeted about that video earlier by the girl that your girlfriend knows or whatever so yeah. You were on the ball first eh

Final Fart Buttball fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Mar 28, 2010

Final Fart Buttball
Jun 24, 2005
I like her but in my head I can't justify paying more than like 30 dollars for a ticket. Looks like I'll be catching her on the county fair route in 2030

Final Fart Buttball
Jun 24, 2005
'Future Love' studio version: http://gagadaily.com/2010/05/lady-gaga-future-love/

Kinda boring, I hope it's not something she wants to put on an actual album

Final Fart Buttball
Jun 24, 2005
Video aside, why she made a video for the most boring song on Fame Monster, I'll never know. The video was nice to watch but I actually think the dullness of the song is gonna keep me from wanting to watch the whole video more than a couple of times

Final Fart Buttball
Jun 24, 2005
Haha calling Lady Gaga the "shittest music" that you've "ever heard" is a dead giveaway to me that you've heard of like 20 artists or bands in your entire lifetime. Not to sound Helldumpy but you also have posts in a drat Muse thread; are Muse's overwrought bullshit lyrics really better? Strip away my semi-confrontational tone and I'm asking an honest question here

if you weren't serious I'm gonna look dumb.

Final Fart Buttball fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Jun 18, 2010

Final Fart Buttball
Jun 24, 2005
Yo, how many people here are twice her weight. That's all I'm saying

Final Fart Buttball
Jun 24, 2005

Crows Turn Off posted:

Yes? And nothing she said is really anti-gay, just really, really dumb. She very clearly doesn't hate gay people.

She has not literally said "kill gay people" or "I hate gay people" no but the point of this discussion is that she perpetuates negative stereotypes about gay people and shows no nuance, understanding of, or senstivity towards sexuality in general. Her music, that underneath the surface level reinforces the idea that being heterosexual is more normal, is a detriment to the gay community, particularly 'Ur So Gay'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Final Fart Buttball
Jun 24, 2005
I don't like this album overall, but n-thing that Scheiίe rules and is almost definitely her best song to date. It's extremely catchy and bombastic, with a good message. Probably one of her most obviously 'Lady Gaga' songs, in juxtaposition to most of this album where I'm sitting there thinking "anybody could have carried this song". I wouldn't mind if it were a huge single that I hear everywhere but I can see too many people struggling with how to pronounce it; and hey, if it's not a big single I might not get as tired of it as fast.

• Locked thread