Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Instantoxen
Apr 22, 2006

Control Volume posted:

I recently had Lady Gaga songs introduced to me and I think they're pretty catchy.

Does this make me gay?

Yes, you should prepare to deal with the constant urge to bone every man rear end you see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instantoxen
Apr 22, 2006

Triple Tech posted:

Hmm, finally made it through the thread, and I have to say I went through all those steps. I'm not sure how ironically I like Lady Gaga. Maybe I actually like her now?

My one beef with Bad Romance is that is sounds like it drags.

My one beef with bad romance is that I grew up on 80s pop due to having parents with limited musical taste. So while I enjoy most of the catchy aspects of the song, I feel like I've heard all of them before, some so vividly that I could probably figure out what songs it sounds like she's ripping off. The thing is, a lot of things about LG impress me but I see a lot more potential in her songwriting than what she has currently chosen to display. I mean she's even flat out mentioned that some of her biggest hits were written in 10 minutes. It's like the music is nothing but a vehicle to win fans so she can justify her stage show to whoever is banking her.

I've probably thought about this too much.

Instantoxen
Apr 22, 2006

Dreamlogic posted:

wow thanks for that. really insightful

just like your post, and mine!

Instantoxen
Apr 22, 2006

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Why does she look completely different every time there's a decent look at her face

Probably because her livelihood is being a media whore so when she experiences a moment of genuine stimulation the contrast is evident.

Instantoxen
Apr 22, 2006

TOOT BOOT posted:

Ahhhhh why is born this way still 3-6 months away? :(

Marketing. She has 4+ singles on the radio and they need to space poo poo out for people to not get over exposed to her.

Instantoxen
Apr 22, 2006

TOOT BOOT posted:

You just can't win with some people.

Life is a struggle and people without enough struggle in their lives generate it from nothing.

Instantoxen
Apr 22, 2006
Judas is Lady GaGa's Cyndi Lauper plateau; she will be riding for a while till the next iteration.

Instantoxen
Apr 22, 2006
I don't know why everyone gets up in arms about her songwriting, the point is to sell albums and concert tickets and merch to gay men and teenage girls, not create modern high art. Don't criticize it for not being something it isn't intended to be.

Instantoxen
Apr 22, 2006

legsarerequired posted:

She just seems really exhausted in this video. Her strategy has always been to appear at as many award shows and such as possible so tons of people see her, but what's the point of being seen if she's going to be tired once she gets there or start saying offensive things to reporters? I honestly feel dizzy when I think about her schedule and I can't believe she's lasted this long in the first place.

She probably has lupus and her schedule allows her to have as much of a career as possible before her illness rids her ability to perform. But who knows

Instantoxen
Apr 22, 2006
That was Kickasss!!!!

Instantoxen
Apr 22, 2006

Chitin posted:

Oh NO you guys Lady Gaga is SELLING OUT.

Sign of the apocalypse, REPENT!

Instantoxen
Apr 22, 2006
This thread has devolved into "I know how to be Gaga better than Gaga does".

Instantoxen
Apr 22, 2006

Himuro posted:

Lady Gaga's new album has been out for like two weeks and this thread is dead :( Come on, guys! Any songs grow on you? Hair is growing on me. I still think Born this Way is the WORST song on the album and honestly, I think it's her worst song at this point.

The first two singles certainly seem to be written to be singles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instantoxen
Apr 22, 2006
Holy poo poo yes please ^^

• Locked thread