Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
I have 4 invites, no idea how the gently caress to turn them into random codes though :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
T38yF4hpDMctJ69C
F8L3dDWw9E6Azs67
ES84qDYD8SZfCgs3

Edit: all taken, someone took two of them and created almost identical accounts?

Klaus Kinski fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Jan 28, 2010

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

Charlie Mopps posted:

yeah, i would love to use this, but they wont even allow me to give them money for the premium account because i live in the Netherlands. Why wont you take my money damnit! :(

You can buy gift cards in random stores here in sweden that has a code that activates premium for X months, I'm surprised noone has figured out that they would probably sell for a stupid markup on ebay.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
ewgRtBTHPdhCFGaZ
a78cZ7EtVgkVKwpH

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

Dude With Pants posted:

You actually don't need any invites to sign up . The only thing you need is a vpn connection with a UK ip . There are a lot for vpn service trials you can choose from . Just sign up with a Uk ip and every two weeks you 'll have to use again the vpn connection with Spotify ;)

PS here are two invites if anyone needs them

nNCuGG8FHRSH66JK
ccrVYGegfd5TrFCT

Has anyone checked if buying premium bypasses this?

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
I can renew my premium if you're still reading and want a key!

got 2 keys, post emails and i'll send them out.

Klaus Kinski fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Jun 24, 2010

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
If you're outside the allowed countries, do you still have to login via proxy every 14 days? If so, does premium remove that? I just noticed that you can gift codes online now and if anyone's interested we can try that.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
eVNdYR8dsGGHGRBw

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
bVhcHbUBDPtW4WDZ

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

Eight Is Legend posted:

Goddamn, can I just say how much I love this program? I have checked out so much new music these last couple of days thanks to it - it's great.

I love how they get stuff that's been out of print for the last 10 years. I bought this album back in high school and lost it a few years later and it's been impossible to find.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
Just have someone log in once in an "allowed country" (or use a proxy).

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

Eight Is Legend posted:

This is what the site says under Subscription Status: "Your account can no longer be used from abroad, since the maximum travel time is 14 days for a Spotify Free account. To continue using Spotify from abroad, sign up for Spotify Premium which gives you unlimited travel access."

I know there's a way of accessing Spotify (the program, not the site) using a proxy, but I can't really figure out how - a little help?

I dunno, I used to login every 14 days for some friends living abroad to refresh their travel timer but most of them just ended up buying premium or the country got added to the allowed list so it might not work. Might wanna ask in sh/sc about how to go about login in via a proxy.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
You have unlimited free invites right as long as you have the invitees email adress.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
Or you could just read what I wrote earlier. You're in some useless country that doesn't normally get to use spotify so you have to get someone in sweden, norway, denmark, uk or the netherlands to log in your account to get you another 14 days.

Old page but this may still work: http://filesharefreak.com/2008/12/26/fixing-spotify-login-issues-once-and-for-all/

Klaus Kinski fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Aug 31, 2010

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

Kaiho posted:

Because they are a) not in a useless country or b) have read the instructions, and circumvent this issues using them.

C) Coughed up for premium.

Which is honestly worth it when they have a phase of annoying ads. The christmas ones pushed me over last year.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

DonnieJeffcoat posted:

Probably a lot more trouble than it's worth, but I maanged to use a listing of Tor exit nodes to ensure that Tor would only use a UK address, then use the proxy setting in Spotify to reup for another two weeks. I really would like to just pay for it buuuuut

*edit*
If this is against the rules, lemme know and I'll edit

Can't you just get a premium code? I know other people have used it from outside the allowed countries.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
http://www.spotify.com/int/blog/

Bad news for free/open users.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
It's probably related to the US launch, yeah. And it's only 5€/£ for unlimited which is basically what open is now, only without ads.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

Charlie Mopps posted:

No, have had unlimited for months now. It owns, especially when used mobile. I dont get why people object so much against paying 5 dollar/euro/mooncurrency for it. I had a lunch today that was more expensive than that and way less enjoyable.

Even If I owned physical copies of the albums, I'd still pay for how easy it is to sync poo poo to your phone. I just wished it was less of a scrollfest when you have a ton of playlists.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

TOOT BOOT posted:

I'm getting this problem as well, don't really see how they can be having this many problems given how long the service has existed in other countries. Oh well, still an awesome deal for an eventual $4.99.

It's probably some hardware/bandwidth problem they need to work out since what you describe hasn't happened to me in years.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

EasyEW posted:

More to the point, is there a way we'd be able to tell if the 20 hour limitation had gone into effect? Besides the service cutting off at the time limit, of course...

The client has a status bar that tells you how many hours you have remaining.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

global tetrahedron posted:

Wow, there's seriously a book about that? It's like "here is how to use a basic interface that is like a million other programs"

384 pages :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

DreamingApe posted:

there will be one, it will only be available in bulgaria on a wednesday in a leap year, cause that's the only way you can get started due to the licensing mess that is europe.

I got 3 free months of spotify premium when I bought a new phone about a year ago. Except it's still free - I think this is how they stay afloat.

• Locked thread