Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right

Is it normal Scrobbling to Last.fm is a bit wonky (it seems to just not scrobble some tracks, mainly when I pause before the middle and resume it later). I understand the RHCP song without tags and the ad isn't working, but it's missing some normal songs too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C

Is there any explanation why Spotify uses this much upload? I don't mind, I'm just wondering.

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C

totalnewbie posted:

Did you maybe sync some local files on your computer to your mobile device? BTW what program is that?

http://www.netlimiter.com/

EasyEW posted:

It probably has something to do with Spotify using a p2p solution to keep its main servers from choking. (the long version)

I don't want to sound like a dick, but for a service I pay 10 Euros/month for I kinda want to have the option to disable this. Leave the p2p stuff for the free users or the limited users.

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C

Can we start recommending music in here? It's kinda what I expected from this thread in the first place.

I found some nice relax/lounge/jazz music, when I wasn't looking for it at all. Really nice music though - http://open.spotify.com/album/36TqKS077D7jSveEnfIWba

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C

Spotify just updated for me to version 0.6.1.

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C

For the Dutch users who use Hi! as the service provider, you can get 6 months of Spotify for free + 500mb of mobile data. After the 6 months, it'll become 10 Euros/month. Just the Spotify Premium costs 10 Euros, so it's a great way to get an extra 500mb of data each month.

http://www.hi.nl/Mijn-Hi/Home/Spotify.htm

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C

The Red Hot Chili Peppers are added to Spotify

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C

The beta Android app really sucks. After one track it goes mute for me, and there's no more scrobbling support. Back to the old version that never gave me problems (except when I star something it crashes).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C

DreamingApe posted:

afaik: The labels have been demanding more money cause their (spotify) revenue has gone up, ignoring the fact that they still do not turn a profit.

"Free" Spotify with your mobile is becoming a thing here too.

I used a promotion with Dutch provider Hi! that'd give me 6 months of Spotify premium + 500MB extra data each month. I've switched to Vodafone and Hi! is still paying for my Spotify account.