Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

Undead Zombie posted:

I also wish there were alternatives. Spotify requires Facebook from new users so the older members of my family and a few friends can't sign up. Rdio doesn't require Facebook, but it's not available here in Finland. We have Deezer, but it's Facebook only as well.

Rdio is planning on expanding. Please speed up, I want you here now. Many people I know are currently on Grooveshark, but that thing is about to go down from lawsuits.

Edit: With all this talk of other music services, would it be a good idea to have a music streaming service thread instead of a spotify thread?

That's a shame that it now "requires" facebook :( I still haven't synced my account with FB because I really don't need it posting to my friends every time I listen to a song or whatever. I have last.fm to keep track of my listening stats. My only complaint about spotify would be about some fairly major metal labels not being on their service, but that's the label's decision and can't be helped by Spotify (unless they change their finances so that the artists get more money or whatever). The only other thing that has annoyed me so far is there seems to be some sort of regional split with some artists, for example I went to listen to the Split Cranium album, and was told it wasn't available in my country. Although I guess, again, that is down to label distribution rights or something.

I guess the search function could be improved too, for example when you're searching for a track which appears on multiple albums (eg on a studio album and a greatest hits) it will only give you the most popular result. This can be irritating as I much prefer to listen to music in the context of an album rather than in a compilation format, and often the compilations are more popular on Spotify.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

precision posted:

I'm convinced this literally never works. For 2 months, I've sent them 4 reports of an album being incorrectly filed as a "Single" rather than an "Album", each time getting a reply email "We'll fix it!"

...it's still not fixed.

I'm sure I read somewhere that only the label/artist can change tagging on albums etc?

Also "Spotify: What are you waiting for?" I'M WAITING FOR YOU TO UPLOAD THE NATIONAL'S NEW ALBUM, GUYS. :(

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012
Since Spotify went through the massive layout change with the album pages and stuff, it seems to crash on loading around 50% of the time on my mac. I used to love it, because it was so quick and easy to use, but it seems to be becoming increasingly bloated. Frustrating really.

• Locked thread