Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Svartvit
Jun 18, 2005

al-Qabila samaa Bahth

silversiren posted:

I actually downloaded it for my Android last night and I want my money back now. The app sucks.

The app sucks. The key is to make your business on your PC and just listen on your phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Svartvit
Jun 18, 2005

al-Qabila samaa Bahth

huhu posted:

Awesome, 4chan has taken over Soundrop House channel and remixes of Avicii Levels have been playing for the last two and a half hours.

A welcome break from all the Tiesto, Guetta and SHM.

Svartvit
Jun 18, 2005

al-Qabila samaa Bahth
Yeah, the Android app is pretty much a train wreck. You basically have to rely on a strict regime of either listening to music album-wise or preparing playlists on your computer (and then live with all the bugs and the crashes as they come). Even the Linux release seem to have had more dev time despite being inofficial. However, I do believe that the Spotify team have released a beta of the next very much improved version under the table somewhere so you could check it out.

Svartvit
Jun 18, 2005

al-Qabila samaa Bahth
If you've got a radio in your car you can always use an FM transmitter for a tenner or so.

Svartvit
Jun 18, 2005

al-Qabila samaa Bahth
Yeah they all sound like radio and you get interference sometimes. If you're a handy man you can unlock the stereo from the shelf and manually add a second port to the speakers and put a stereo plug male on the other end and just plug your iphone into the speakers directly. I did it in my old car and was well worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Svartvit
Jun 18, 2005

al-Qabila samaa Bahth

isomerc posted:

Honestly, I would rather have a tape deck than a CD player for this very reason.

That's one of my main gripes about FM transmitters. I've been doing research to see if I can splice a 1/8" jack into the back of my stereo unit, but to no avail.

If anyone has a fix for this, PLEASE let me know. (2006 VW Jetta)

Unless you want to start fiddling with the cable stems you need a certain VW stereo key to unhook your stereo. You can buy them at various places so look around, it's not that difficult. Once you've done that there's a series of color coded wires that should be...

Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Blue/Black
Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Orange/Blue
Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Red/White
Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Orange/White
Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Red/Light Green
Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Orange/Black
Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Blue/Light Green
Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Orange/Red

...according to the Internet. It's for a 2004 Jetta but I don't think there ever was a 2006 model tbh. If you don't give a crap about rear/front balance just connect all left +/- and all right +/- with whatever tool you want. A true ghetto agent just twist the cables together and PVC tape them but just you can just buy a row of cable connectors at your local hardware store or whatever and all you need is a screwdriver or less. Make the cable long so that you can wire it down through the panel and out below the steering wheel next to your centre console.

• Locked thread