Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

MrJacobs posted:

More important: If they won't have to original characters are they gonna keep the car?
I don't think any struggling academics starting a new business could AFFORD a '59 Cadillac Eldorado, even if they were restoring it. I'm not even sure what an equivalent car would be today. Twenty five year-old wagons just don't have the same appeal anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
80's era Ford Country Squire. Something with wood paneling.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Outrage is understandable when you take into account that the libertarian original is being 'given to' minorities who haven't 'earned it.'

I'm totally down with an all female Ghostbusters, I just wanted the Lego Movie guys to do it, not the Bridesmaid guy.

MyLightyear
Jul 2, 2006
A blindness that touches perfection,
But hurts just like anything else.

Kevyn posted:

I'd like to see David Margulies be the only returning actor from the original movies, inexplicably still the mayor of New York thirty years later.

Lenny!

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Get the real life people who voice the women on Archer to do it as the characters from the show

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
I want this to be Kristen Schaal, Chelsea Peretti, Maria Bamford, and Judy Greer all being crazy on screen for two hours possibly screaming about ghosts.

I am serious.

I am betting that Sony is going to force Charlie Day into the movie, possibly being 'the Janine', as everybody hasn't gotten tired of him yet.

Adeline Weishaupt fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Oct 12, 2014

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

umalt posted:

I want this to be Kristen Schaal, Chelsea Peretti, Maria Bamford, and Judy Greer all being crazy on screen for two hours possibly screaming about ghosts.

I am serious.

I'll buy a ticket to that.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

umalt posted:

I am serious.

I am betting that Sony is going to force Charlie Day into the movie, possibly being 'the Janine', as everybody hasn't gotten tired of him yet.

I'm fine with all of this. Possibly replacing Charlie Day with John Hodgman, who sold me on his appearing in a Ghostbusters movie back when "The Best Show on WFMU" was still broadcasting.

Charlie was pretty good in Pacific Rim, in a role that reminded me of Louis Tully a lot.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

You cannot do a GB film without proton packs, the firehouse or the car. You just can't. It would be like Star Trek without the Enterprise. For that reason it should be a sequel, or set it in the 80s why not.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

the male lead has to be someone who can be convincingly competent though. Like, the great thing about Sigourney Weaver was that she was a strong confident woman who gave it back to Vankeman.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Alan_Shore posted:

You cannot do a GB film without proton packs, the firehouse or the car. You just can't. It would be like Star Trek without the Enterprise.

So, Deep Space 9?

Icon-Cat
Aug 18, 2005

Meow!
My dream cast, in rather poorly-Photoshopped visual form.

This is not the nerdiest thing I ever did in the name of GB, but it's the nerdiest thing I've done RECENTLY.

"Hey, Icon-Cat," you tell me, "you do realize that men and women's bodies look different, right?" Yeah, I know, but if I fixed that, I'd also have to fix the fact that Ms. Page probably isn't six feet tall.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

computer parts posted:

So, Deep Space 9?

The Enterprise was in the first episode of DS9! Because it was an important bridge between the two series...

Why even call it Ghostbusters without the car or firehouse, the most iconic things from the movies? Because it has ghosts in it?

EDIT: that's a good cast above!

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Have they said what age range they're going for with this cast? Because I don't know if I'd rather see an Aubrey Plaza-Jenny Slate style group or the very obvious Fey-Poehler-Wiig route.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

Kevyn posted:

Scarface
Batman Begins
Oceans 11
The Departed

Comedy remakes are universally awful though.

I thought the Bedazzled remake was pretty damned funny.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I hope its
Whitney Cummings
Kristen Stewart
Rosie Perez
Tara Reid
and Lindsey Lohan as Dana Barrett

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Allison Brie does some pretty good face business and physical stuff. I think she'd be good for a young Akroyd type earnest goofball if we're limited to the familiar character palate. I say mix up the generations.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

zVxTeflon posted:

I hope its
Whitney Cummings
Kristen Stewart
Rosie Perez
Tara Reid
and Lindsey Lohan as Dana Barrett

I will loving end you. :argh:

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
Get Amanda Bynes in there as the only person who believes them.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Thinking on it some more, I guess the other thing that I am worried about is that they might drop the fun pseudo-science/science angle from it. It really was one of the main inspirations for me as a kid to go into the scientific field. With an all-female cast, Sony might want to drop that aspect from it. This is at a time when there are precious few good fictional portrayals of female scientists and could inspire more girls to go into that field.

Even Venkman was a scientist and while he was more down to earth than Spengler or Stanz, he was still embroiled in that world. Zeddemore was the 'everyman' that the audience could relate to. If they could keep that aspect of 3 scientists + 1 every(wo)man, that'd open me up a bit more. But who the gently caress knows at this point. I just wish we had a minor inkling of what the story would be instead of just the gender.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

If they make this movie and there are cameos I hope Bill Murray and Dan Akroyd do this scene again. Word for word, not changing a thing. It will be memorable because it'll be so out of place and everyone won't even know what the gently caress they're talking about.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Dapper Dan posted:

Thinking on it some more, I guess the other thing that I am worried about is that they might drop the fun pseudo-science/science angle from it. It really was one of the main inspirations for me as a kid to go into the scientific field. With an all-female cast, Sony might want to drop that aspect from it. This is at a time when there are precious few good fictional portrayals of female scientists and could inspire more girls to go into that field.

Even Venkman was a scientist and while he was more down to earth than Spengler or Stanz, he was still embroiled in that world. Zeddemore was the 'everyman' that the audience could relate to. If they could keep that aspect of 3 scientists + 1 every(wo)man, that'd open me up a bit more. But who the gently caress knows at this point. I just wish we had a minor inkling of what the story would be instead of just the gender.

Venkman was a con-man who used his degrees as a front for his goals and Stanz and Spengler are literal mad scientists who make poo poo with no thoughts to the consequences that they can end all life on earth. If they keep that kind of dynamic it won't be positive at all.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Jimbot posted:

If they make this movie and there are cameos I hope Bill Murray and Dan Akroyd do this scene again. Word for word, not changing a thing. It will be memorable because it'll be so out of place and everyone won't even know what the gently caress they're talking about.

I didn't even need to click the link to know exactly what scene you're talking about.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Gillian Anderson wants to be in it. I'm totally ok with this.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Ensign_Ricky posted:

I didn't even need to click the link to know exactly what scene you're talking about.

Yeah, I knew exactly what it was gonna be. I'd be down with that being their cameos. Let Ernie Hudson be The Mayor. And there we go, cameos done.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

The_Doctor posted:

Gillian Anderson wants to be in it. I'm totally ok with this.

Same here. Just give her the straight-man role. That'd be awesome.

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
Make it a sequel. Have Sigourney Weaver back but this time she's a grizzled veteran ghostbuster who takes no poo poo. Also have Annie Potts on the team and she's a voracious cougar. They've both seen it all and are jaded. Weaver's character is retiring, new young character introduced and is the audience's point of view. Some big trouble poo poo goes down, team is needed, blah blah, older characters are mentors, pass the torch, etc.

This has been my edition of "how I would do it" written in 30 seconds.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

I hope it has as little to do with the original as possible and its only connection is that there are ghosts who get busted.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

cams posted:

I hope it has as little to do with the original as possible and its only connection is that there are ghosts who get busted.

I hope it's a cyberpunk thriller of the year 2083, where teams of economic assassins known as Ghosts use cybertech not to steal, or to kill, but to disrupt the finances of semi-sentient Goliath Corporations in exchange for kicks and a few hours' pay....

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I state again, the ladies of Parks and Rec are already perfect together, just plop them in this movie and let me watch Leslie Knope Busts Some Ghosts for a couple hours.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

I hope it's a cyberpunk thriller of the year 2083, where teams of economic assassins known as Ghosts use cybertech not to steal, or to kill, but to disrupt the finances of semi-sentient Goliath Corporations in exchange for kicks and a few hours' pay....
This is the plot of "Ghost in the Shell", right?

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

cams posted:

This is the plot of "Ghost in the Shell", right?

Nah I'm thinking a combination of Hackers and Shadow Of The Colossus.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I hope the movie is deadly serious except whenever they bust a ghost they say "You didn't have a ghost of chance!". Every time.

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
McCarthy: [crying] STOP, THAT'S MY MOM'S GHOST!
Wiig: Sandra, she's going to destroy the world if we don't do this!
McCarthy: BUT I NEVER SAID GOODBYE!

Ghost caught]

Polher: [forelorn] Well, I just gotta say...

[Dramatic Pan across POLHER, MCCARTHY, WIIG, and TYLER]

Polher: [dryly] ...you guys never had a ghost of a chance. [beat] Of reconciling, I mean.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
I hope it's set in the mid-1930s, where organized crime has capitalized on the nationwide prohibition of spirits by establishing countless illegal 'spookeasies'. FBI director J. Edgar Hoover presents authentic cases of police exorcism, performed by his crack team of G-Priests.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
I hope it's found footage...

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe
I hope Michael Bay directs it

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Better be a musical.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Gaz2k21 posted:

I hope it's found footage...

Acer Pilot posted:

Better be a musical.
Found footage musical

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Musical vérité

• Locked thread