Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011

CaptainHollywood posted:

Don't think this was posted. A reflection on Ghostbusters 2. It seems like the movie could have been a lot worse than what we got.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/67673

I still think with a little script tweaking beforehand Ghostbusters 2 could have worked.

I think it worked well enough as it was. It wasn't the best movie that ever happened- probably like a 6 out of 10 for me whereas the original GB was a 10- but I enjoyed it for what it was. I didn't really even get the complaint that it was a retread of the first. I enjoyed the first so why wouldn't I also enjoy a retread of it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011

Xealot posted:

"It's Ghostbusters but they're ladies," just sounds weaker the more I hear it, though. That's not a concept; it's set dressing. An all-female or mostly-female cast could be amazing, but what's the actual concept? Why make this movie vs. literally any other movie starring women?

With the way they're pitching it, I'm just worried it's going to be some kind of overly-sexy softcore thing where they hunt ghosts in low-cut spandex suits and heeled leather boots.

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011
I remember loving the absolute christ out of the "Extreme Ghostbusters" cartoon when I was in junior high. Like I never missed an episode and just about wanted to cry when the thing got canceled. I think there's definite room for a Ghostbusters TV series similar to that, or maybe even a live-action remake.

Or maybe you guys will tell me the cartoon actually sucked and I'm just blinded by nostalgia, I dunno.

• Locked thread