Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

There were no big laughs. I was one of 9 people in the theater.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Tuxedo Jack posted:

I noticed this as well. I figured it was just the projectionist, but I guess maybe not.

Particularly when they entered the Library, and the scene in the main room of the Library.

Strange, same at my showing. It was a digital projection at the Marcus Theater chain.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

The firemen were pretty cool when I went to the firehouse - not sure if you walked up to the door, but if you peak inside the window, you can see the sign from Ghostbusters 2. One of my trips there, the firemen let me step inside to snap a photo of it.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Have him cameo as a hobo on the streets of NY.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4BEASLzByQ

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

It was their first time busting ghosts. I'll handwave it assuming Egon modified it for future busting.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Boomerjinks posted:

I guess I'm confused why it must be explainable in-universe?

I'm confused because you brought it up.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Do you drive an Ectomobile or something?

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Soulwrangler posted:

What's wrong with the Poehler (Venkmanish), Fey (Stantzlike),

I think you have these two switched.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Bill Murray should play the mayor, or a bureaucratic rear end in a top hat.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Jack Gladney posted:

Nothing makes nerd madder than black actors invading their fantasies. Have they ever been cool with a black person being cast in something that comes out of an existing property?

Michael Duncan Clarke as Kingpin and Idris Elba in Thor spring to mind.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

CaptainHollywood posted:

1. "Official" Release date tweeted by Paul Feig - July 22 2016

2. Try and guess who is rumoured for the Walter Peck role.

http://www.hitfix.com/motion-captured/now-that-theyve-found-the-new-ghostbusters-what-should-audiences-expect

It's Bill Murray :stare:

Whoa. I usually don't get my dreamcasting, but there we go, from October of 2014:

roffels posted:

Bill Murray should play the mayor, or a bureaucratic rear end in a top hat.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

EL BROMANCE posted:

I'll admit that I scoff at the cosplayers probably more than I should, but I always give Ghostbusters and Aliens cosplayers a free pass because the gear design is just so awesome that I totally get it.

Also, short or tubby Superman are funny, but anyone can be a Ghostbuster.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Kevyn posted:

I'm guessing some ghostly force causes the logo on the side of the Ecto-1 to come to life and jump out, like in GB2 with that woman's fur coat.

I figured it's a ghostly avatar of Chris Hemsworth. They're both sporting bowties.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

As both a pinball and ghostbusters fan, let me say, the Ghostbusters pinball looks pretty awesome.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/03/10/ghostbusters-pinball-machine-announced-by-stern-pinball

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

So pretty much the best thing ever is happening in Minneapolis. I posted earlier in this thread that Stern is releasing a Ghostbusters Pinball machine featuring characters from the first two films.

Every new Stern pinball game gets a launch party here. I just got word that our local pinball crew got Ernie Hudson to agree to come out to the pinball launch party here. Details are sparse but this should be happening at the Surly Brewing company April 30th. Hanging with a Ghostbuster and playing pinball is pretty much the definition of a great day for me.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Had a good time in Minneapolis last night - Ernie Hudson was invited (and received a nice paycheck) to show up to the pinball launch party. The Minnesota Ghostbusters crew showed up - it sort of felt like a middle school dance where the pinball people stuck with their crew on one side of the room, and the Ghostbusters on the other.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Kevyn posted:

Ernie Hudson probably does, since his career's pretty much at the "showing up to birthday parties dressed as a Ghostbuster" stage for real.

$5000 is his going rate.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

I like how they emphasize their "Men" films. "From the Studio that brought you Spider-Man, and Men in Black"

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Is there anything particularly bad about that cameo though? It's quick and cute. IDK. What would the angry Ghostbuster fandudes have preferred instead? Akroyd playing a homeless guy or something?

Him and Murray reprising their bum roles would actually be kind of funny.

Hell, even have him working at an occult book store.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

I spent my afternoon helping my friend set-up Ernie Hudson's Ghostbusters pinball (and yes, he has a Congo pinball too!)

Super nice guy, and confirmed the anecdote that he had tried out for the voice of Winston in the cartoon series and was told that he did not sound enough like Winston from the movies.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

He received both games from the pinball companies for his voicework in the games.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I am beyond jealous. Hudson seems like a genuinely cool guy.

Yeah, he was cool and indulged my friend and I with a few stories.

Also, his dog's name is Winston.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

MrJacobs posted:

Where's the Delorean?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bfsg_eor5TM

It's in the pilot.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Timby posted:

I keep hoping that the unused audio--Aykroyd and Hudson recorded a whole poo poo-ton of alternate and additional dialogue because TR was never sure if Murray would actually show up for his recording sessions so the writers were frantically coming up with ways to work around him, and when he did it was for something like a two-hour session in the evening and then around four or five hours the next day--will surface.

Hudson told me that Murray did most of his takes while playing golf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Timby posted:

Calling bullshit on this because it's an urban legend and I've spoken personally to two TR engineers who were there for Murray's sessions.

Maybe? I wasn't there. Maybe Hudson wanted to look cool or heard the same rumor?

• Locked thread