Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012
I like this quote by Christopher Doyle:

"You see the world, you end up in jail three or four times, you accumulate experience. And it gives you something to say. If you don't have anything to say then you shouldn't be making films. It's nothing to do with what lens you're using."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012
Reposting choice Christopher Doyle quote.

"You see the world, you end up in jail three or four times, you accumulate experience. And it gives you something to say. If you don't have anything to say then you shouldn't be making films. It's nothing to do with what lens you're using."

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012

Mightaswell posted:

Nikon 105 F2.5 ~$100-150

Yeah, this lens kicks rear end. Sharp at all apertures and built like a tank.

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012

Pivo posted:

Instagram being square is actually really clever. Let me take a second to blow your mind: it means that no matter the aspect ratio of the device taking the photo, or displaying the photo, it's always the same. Making it square means they don't have to care about aspect ratios.

It's the cleverest loving thing in the world. For casual photos, it completely solves the aspect ratio problem.

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012

Medieval Medic posted:

Not sure if this if any thread was appropriate to post this but the british series Imagine has quite a few episodes about photographers(Parr, Leibovitz, Eggleston, Maier, Mccullin) for any interested.

Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012

Avian Pneumonia posted:

I should add that I'm in New York City if that helps.

I have a Pakon you could probably use in exchange for maybe like a sixer :D it would only help for 35mm though. However it scans uncut rolls of 36 in a few minutes.