Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

So I made the mistake of using my shirt to wipe water off one of my lenses since it was raining and now there are some tiny scratches all over it. This won't be too much of an issue right? I feel like an idiot for forgetting my microfiber cloths too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Geektox posted:

Is your shirt made of sandpaper? I've never heard of that happening. Maybe try cleaning it again? It. Might just be streaks

Yeah, it's just little light scratches. I have to assume it was the shirt or the lens was in worse condition when I bought it off Amazon. It was "New" but when it showed up it was an amazon warehouse deal. It looked fine at the time and they gave me a discount when I complained since I was heading out on a 2 month trip the next day. I'll try rubbing it again. Is there some kind of rubbing alcohol I can buy?

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

I just got a new lens and the hood seems to be just a bit too long and my pictures have two dark spots near the top. I can crop it out but it's quite annoying. Is it fine to just to cut back the plastic a bit? I'm pretty sure I had the hood on correctly.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

I printed some photos I took from a recent vacation and they seem to all come out darker than when viewed on a monitor, or even the camera LCD. It seems if I pushed it a stop they would be fine but with every photo being that way I'm wondering if that's normal or dependent on a bunch of factors (printer, paper used, export). I intended these to be quick so I just imported the RAWs into LR, exported to sRGB JPGs and then uploaded them to Amazon to be printed. Anyways, is this normal or is fuckery needed anytime I want something printed even if it looks fine on the camera LCD and EVF?

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

alkanphel posted:

You have to do a printer calibration and setup a print profile. Or you can try using the LR Print module, and make it print all the selected photos 1 stop brighter (as a quick fix).

Ah, I should've mentioned the printer is Amazon, if that matters. That might not change needing to just make all the photos a stop brighter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

I forgot to cancel a backordered lens from BH and it just showed up. Is the 15% restocking fee policy they have something they charge every return or if the lens box is still unopened I shouldn't have it added? I'm torn on just keeping the lens anyways (nikon 180-600mm) if I'm gonna get dinged 15% to just return it.