Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toasticle
Jul 18, 2003

Hay guys, out this Rape
I don't get why they care whether dems/libs like him or not. This "Pretty soon the dems will realize they screwed up and they'll be soooooo sorry they didn't listen!" seems alot like those emo teens when I was in highschool "Maybe I'll just kill myself and they all be so sorry they mocked me"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dphrag
May 20, 2006
Ooga Booga Goo
Saying hello in another language: sign of weakness. You guys can expect to be invaded by the Japs tomorrow.

Pearl Harbour 2: Bow Down.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
My favorite part is Nixon bowed before the emperor of Japan when he visited him. Totally brought our nation to its knees yep.

Click here for the full 1280x827 image.

Pictured: The beginning of the end for the United States.

RagnarokAngel fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Nov 18, 2009

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

RagnarokAngel posted:

My favorite part is Nixon bowed before the emperor of Japan when he visited him. Totally brought our nation to its knees yep.

Click here for the full 1280x827 image.

Pictured: The beginning of the end for the United States.
I really don't think this is the proper response to take. That can hardly even be called a bow; Nixon's like ten degrees down right there, and his head is still well above the emperor's.

Say that it's a gesture of respect and friendship, because that's what it is. Saying "[Republican president] did it!" and pointing to an example of a much smaller scale convinces no one, and doesn't even make any kind of cogent argument.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I think it's useful to invoke Pascal's wager here. If the Emperor is truly descended from Amaterasu, it's probably a good idea to bow, you really don't lose much by bowing to a man but could face great danger by insulting a living god.

Edit: reworded for clarity.

Dr. Arbitrary fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Nov 18, 2009

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Strudel Man posted:

I really don't think this is the proper response to take. That can hardly even be called a bow; Nixon's like ten degrees down right there, and his head is still well above the emperor's.

Say that it's a gesture of respect and friendship, because that's what it is. Saying "[Republican president] did it!" and pointing to an example of a much smaller scale convinces no one, and doesn't even make any kind of cogent argument.

Nixon's bow is regarded as the proper way to do it. I dont think that picture shows how far down he went.
Really the point I was just trying to make is a republican president was willing to bow before the Emperor because it's the sign of respect in that culture, yet when Obama does it it's being a liberal sissy.

Vilerat
May 11, 2002

RagnarokAngel posted:

Really the point I was just trying to make is a republican president was willing to bow before the Emperor because it's the sign of respect in that culture, yet when Obama does it it's being a liberal sissy.

I think the real issue is only conservatives give a poo poo about this so it all comes across as old man yells at cloud.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

Vilerat posted:

I think the real issue is only conservatives give a poo poo about this so it all comes across as old man yells at cloud.

Yeah, but the old man is armed to the teeth and all the police look after him and his son is the mayor of the small town.

Toasticle
Jul 18, 2003

Hay guys, out this Rape

quote:

I have lost patience to select thru the list for this. Suffer, you who disbelieve. L

Subject: Obama's Czars - Who they are
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OBAMA'S "CZARS"-- Read who they are

OBAMA'S "CZARS

CZAR
Czar Position
Summary

Richard Holbrooke
Afghanistan Czar
Ultra liberal anti gun former Gov. of New Mexico. Pro Abortion and legal drug use.

Ed Montgomery
Auto recovery Czar
Black radical anti business activist. Affirmative Action and Job Preference for blacks. Univ of Maryland Business School Dean teaches US business has caused world poverty. ACORN board member. Communist DuBois Club member.

Jeffrey Crowley
AIDS Czar
Homosexual.. A Gay Rights activist. Believes in Gay Marriage and Special Status, including free health care for gays.

Alan Bersin
Border Czar
Former failed superintendent of San Diego. Ultra Liberal friend of Hilary Clinton. Served as Border Czar under Janet Reno – to keep borders open to illegal’s

David J. Hayes
California Water Czar
Sr. Fellow of radical environmentalist group, “Progress Policy”. No training or experience in water management.

Ron Bloom
Car Czar
Auto Union worker. Anti business & anti nuclear. Has worked hard to force US auto makers out of business. Sits on the Board of Chrysler which is now Auto Union owned. How did this happen?

Dennis Ross
Central Region Czar
Believes US policy has caused Mid East wars. Obama apologist to the world. Anti gun and pro abortion.

Lynn Rosenthal
Domestic Violence Czar
Director of the National Network to End Domestic Violence. Vicious anti male feminist. Supported male castration.

Gil Kerlikowske
Drug Czar
Devoted lobbyist for every restrictive gun law proposal, Former Chief of Police in Liberal Seattle. Believes no American should own a firearm. Supports legalization of drugs

Paul Volcker
Economic Czar
Head of Fed Reserve under Jimmy Carter when US economy nearly failed. Obama appointed head of the Economic Recovery Advisory Board which engineered the Obama economic disaster to US economy. Member of anti business “Progressive Policy” organization

Carol Brower
Energy and Environment Czar
Political Radical Former head of EPA - known for anti-business activism. Strong anti-gun ownership.

Joshua DuBois
Faith Based Czar
Political Black activist-Degree in Black Nationalism. Anti gun ownership lobbyist.

Cameron Davis
Great Lakes Czar
Chicago radical anti business environmentalist. Blames George Bush for “Poisoning the water that minorities have to drink.” No experience or training in w ater management. Former ACORN Board member

Van Jones
Green Jobs Czar
(since resigned).. Black activist Member of American communist Party and San Francisco Communist Party who said Geo Bush caused the 911 attack and wanted Bush investigated by the World Court for war crimes. Black activist with strong anti-white views.

Daniel Fried
Guantanamo Closure Czar
Rights activist for Foreign Terrorists. Believes America has caused the war on terrorism.

Nancy-Ann DeParle.
Health Czar
Former head of Medicare / Medicaid. Strong Health Care Rationing proponent. She is married to a reporter for The New York Times.

Vivek Kundra
Information Czar
Born in New Delhi, India. Controls all public information, including labels and news releases. Monitors all private Internet emails.

Todd Stern
International Climate Czar
Anti business former White House chief of Staff- Strong supporter of the Kyoto Accord. Pushing hard for Cap and Trade. Blames US business for Global warming.

Dennis Blair
Intelligence Czar
Ret Navy. Stopped US guided missile program as “provocative”. Chair of ultra liberal “Council on Foreign Relations” which blames American organizations for regional wars.

George Mitchell
Mideast Peace Czar
Fmr. Sen from Maine Left wing radical. Has said Israel should be split up into “2 or 3 “ smaller more manageable plots”. Anti-nuclear anti-gun & pro homosexual

Kenneth Feinberg
Pay Czar
Chief of Staff to TED KENNEDY. Lawyer who got rich off the 911 victims payoffs.

Cass Sunstein
Regulatory Czar
Liberal activist judge believes free speech needs to be limited for the “common good”. Rules against personal freedoms many times –like private gun ownership..

John Holdren
Science Czar
Fierce ideological environmentalist, Sierra Club, Anti business activist. Claims US business has caused world poverty. No Science training.

Earl Devaney
Stimulus Accountability Czar
Spent career trying to take guns away from American citizens. Believes in Open Borders to Mexico . Author of statement blaming US gun stores for drug war in Mexico .

J. Scott Gration
Sudan Czar
Native of Democratic Republic of Congo. Believes US does little to help Third World countries. Council of foreign relations, asking for higher US taxes to support United Nations

Herb Allison
TARP Czar
Fannie May CEO responsible for the US recession by using real estate mortgages to back up the US stock market. Caused millions of people to lose their life savings.

John Brennan
Terrorism Czar
Anti CIA activist. No training in diplomatic or gov. affairs. Believes Open Borders to Mexico and a dialog with terrorists and has suggested Obama disband US military

Aneesh Chopra
Technology Czar
No Technology training. Worked for the Advisory Board Company, a health care think tank for hospitals. Anti doctor activist. Supports Obama Health care Rationing and salaried doctors working exclusively for the Gov. health care plan

Adolfo Carrion Jr..
Urban Affairs Czar
Puerto Rican. Anti American activist and leftist group member in Latin America. Millionaire “slum lord” of the Bronx , NY. Owns many lavish homes and condos which he got from “sweetheart” deals with labor unions. Wants higher taxes to pay for minority housing and health care

Ashton Carter
Weapons Czar
Leftist. Wants all private weapons in US destroyed. Supports UN ban on firearms ownership in America .. No Other “policy”

Gary Samore
WMD Policy Czar
Former US Communist. Wants US to destroy all WMD unilaterally as a show of good faith. Has no other “policy”.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
I like how they list the 'bad' things about people. Things like:

Black
Puerto Rican
Communist
Homosexual
and above all radical

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
Holy poo poo.

Just picking the last name on the list, Gary Samore. According to the Washington Post, he's had extensive foreign policy experience in non-proliferation. Supports G. W. Bush's policy towards North Korea, worked under Clinton, and for the RAND Corporation.

So, he wants to stop the spread of NBC weapons in Iran, N. Korea, Syria, and convince Russia to reduce its stockpile. Not exactly "wants to eliminate US WMD's, period."

http://www.whorunsgov.com/Profiles/Gary_Samore

Or Ashton Carter, Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology & Logistics, who was appointed to overhaul the Pentagon's procurement system.

http://www.whorunsgov.com/Profiles/Ashton_Carter

Or John Brennan, Assistant to the President for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism , who the letter says is an anti-CIA advocate. He was Deputy Director of the CIA till 2003, speaks fluent Arabic, and defended Bush's "enhanced interrogation techniques."

Does this look like some pansy Obama appointee?

http://www.whorunsgov.com/Profiles/John_O._Brennan

I think I could go on, but why do people believe something just because an anonymous letter from the Internet said it?

Armyman25 fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Nov 19, 2009

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Armyman25 posted:

I think I could go on, but why do people believe something just because an anonymous letter from the Internet said it?
Because it fits nicely into their existing worldview.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

quote:

CINDY WILLIAMS was appointed by Obama as an Assistant Director for NATIONAL SECURITY in the Congressional Budget Office.....

Military Pay

This is an Airman's response to Cindy Williams' editorial piece in the Washington Times about MILITARY PAY, it should be printed in all newspapers across America.

Ms. Cindy William wrote a piece for the Washington Times denouncing the pay raise(s) coming service members' way this year citing that she stated a 13% wage increase was more than they deserve.

A young airman from Hill AFB responds to her article. He ought to get a bonus for this.

"Ms Williams:
I just had the pleasure of reading your column, "Our GI's earn enough" and I am a bit confused. Frankly, I'm wondering where this vaunted overpayment is going, because as far as I can tell, it disappears every month between DFAS (The Defense Finance and Accounting Service) and my bank account. Checking my latest earnings statement I see that I make $1,117.80 before taxes per month. After taxes, I take home $874.20. When I run that through the calculator, I come up with an annual salary of $13,413.60 before taxes, and $10,490.40 after.

I work in the Air Force Network Control Center where I am part of the team responsible for a 5,000 host computer network. I am involved with infrastructure segments, specifically with Cisco Systems equipment. A quick check under jobs for "Network Technicians" in the Washington, D.C. Area reveals a position in my career field, requiring three years experience in my job. Amazingly, this job does NOT pay $13,413.60 a year. No, this job is being offered at $70,000 to $80,000 per annum........... I'm sure you can draw the obvious conclusions.

Given the tenor of your column, I would assume that you NEVER had the pleasure of serving your country in her armed forces.
Before you take it upon yourself to once more castigate congressional and DOD leadership for attempting to get the families in the military's lowest pay brackets off of WIC and food stamps, I suggest that you join a group of deploying soldiers headed for AFGHANISTAN; I leave the choice of service branch up to you. Whatever choice you make though, opt for the SIX month rotation: it will guarantee you the longest possible time away from your family and friends, thus giving you full "deployment experience."

As your group prepares to board the plane, make sure to note the spouses and children who are saying good-bye to their loved ones. Also take care to note that several families are still unsure of how they'll be able to make ends meet while the primary breadwinner is gone. Obviously they've been squandering the "vast" piles of cash the government has been giving them.

Try to deploy over a major holiday; Christmas and Thanksgiving are perennial favorites. And when you're actually over there, sitting in a foxhole, shivering against the cold desert night, and the flight sergeant tells you that there aren't enough people on shift to relieve you for chow, remember this: trade whatever MRE's (meal-ready-to-eat) you manage to get for the tuna noodle casserole or cheese tortellini, and add Tabasco to everything. This gives some flavor.

Talk to your loved ones as often as you are permitted; it won't be nearly long enough or often enough, but take what you can get and be thankful for it. You may have picked up on the fact that I disagree with most of the points you present in your open piece.

But, tomorrow from KABUL, I will defend to the death your right to say it.

You see, I am an American fighting man, a guarantor of your First Amendment right and every other right you cherish...On a daily basis, my brother and sister soldiers worldwide ensure that you and people like you can thumb your collective noses at us, all on a salary that is nothing short of pitiful and under conditions that would make most people cringe. We hemorrhage our best and brightest into the private sector because we can't offer the stability and pay of civilian companies.

And you, Ms. Williams, have the gall to say that we make more than we deserve?

A1C Michael Bragg, Hill AFB AFNCC

IF YOU AGREE, PLEASE PASS THIS ALONG TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE AND SHOW YOUR SUPPORT OF THE AMERICAN FIGHTING MEN AND WOMEN.
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Here's the article that this is referring to:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A33607-2000Jan11.html

Her argument is basically that monetary compensation for service members is actually pretty good and that the statistics used to support the raise are deceptive. She argues that retention can be increased more economically by spending money to increase quality of life and by revising outdated policies.

The worst news is that this highly qualified mathematician actually isn't going to be helping Obama manage the budget.

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Strudel Man posted:

doesn't even make any kind of cogent argument.

Sadly, if you're trying to make a cogent argument with the people who send these, you've likely already lost.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

TehSaurus posted:

Sadly, if you're trying to make a cogent argument with the people who send these, you've likely already lost.
If you truly believe a person cannot be convinced, I don't see what benefit there is to engaging with them at all.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Toasticle posted:

Herb Allison
TARP Czar
Fannie May CEO responsible for the US recession by using real estate mortgages to back up the US stock market. Caused millions of people to lose their life savings.

Ahhh, it's nice to see that they're still trying to blame Fannie Mae for the financial crisis.

Chicken McNobody
Aug 7, 2009
I received this gem today. The girl who sent it to me hated my guts in school but for some reason has decided we will be casual acquaintances, and also that since we both spent 13 years in the same podunk Alabama school that we share the same views.

Starner Jones, MD posted:

I am a seventh generation Mississippian and wanted to come back here after going somewhere else for college and medical school. My extracurricular interests are golf, hunting, fishing and college football.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This should be on the front page of every newspaper in America —in large bold letters. This was a "letter to the editor" in August 29th Jackson , MS newspaper.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Sirs:

"During my last night's shift in the ER, I had the pleasure of evaluating a patient with a shiny new gold tooth, multiple elaborate tattoos, a very expensive brand of tennis shoes and a new cellular telephone equipped with her favorite R&B tune for a ringtone. Glancing over the chart, one could not help noticing her payer status: Medicaid. She smokes more than one costly pack of cigarettes every day and, somehow, still has money to buy beer.

And our Congress expects me to pay for this woman's health care? Our nation's health care crisis is not a shortage of quality hospitals, doctors or nurses. It is a crisis of culture — a culture in which it is perfectly acceptable to spend money on vices while refusing to take care of one's self or, heaven forbid, purchase health insurance. A culture that thinks "I can do whatever I want to because someone else will always take care of me". Life is really not that hard. Most of us reap what we sow.

Don't you agree?

STARNER JONES, MD
Jackson , MS

Snopes does report that the letter is correctly attributed, and it did actually appear in the Jackson newspaper, and there is an actual Dr Starner Jones (his name is Roger Starner Jones but he didn't use his first name here while he does everywhere else, so I am forced to conclude that he is a coward as well as a racist d-bag) so at least she has that going for her.

I replied to her with some good old-fashioned Gul Banana copypasta. It's long so I won't quote it all, but the major points of smackdown:

Gul Banana posted:

"It is immoral to force me to pay for others' healthcare."
You are already paying for others' healthcare. Furthermore, you are paying far more than you would be under UHC. The U.S. government incurs massive costs from paying hospital fees when ER visitors have no money, and from the limited coverage that it provides, which cannot take advantage of economies of scale and which has to subsidise corporate profit.

As demonstrated above, U.S. taxes devoted to healthcare are the highest in the world. Even if you choose not to have health insurance, under the current system, you are still paying more for others' healthcare than you would be paying for theirs plus your own under UHC.

"Why don't we try making the system even more private instead? That might help."
It might. However, there's no evidence to suggest it, and many reasons to presume it wouldn't. By its nature, the less publicly-supported a system, the more people will be unable to purchase health services.

The only potential gain would be reduced costs due to some sort of market mechanism, and in practice this has never occurred; every private healthcare system that has ever existed in world history has proved inefficient and been replaced by public systems, and given the demonstrable gains that have resulted the U.S. must follow.

I also made it clear that she should not send me another forward unless she is prepared for fact-checking and, if necessary, ridicule.

Note as well that she sent this mass e-mailing to no fewer than two of our black former classmates, one of whom is among my best friends to this day. I'm sure that, if pressed, she will deny the welfare-queen dogwhistles. But, you know, Dr. Jones could just have easily described a middle-aged unemployed man who arrived in a shiny-new Dodge Ram, had just purchased season tickets for Talladega for himself and his common-law wife, and smoked heavily, but was on Medicaid. He chose to invoke the welfare queen instead. So gently caress him, and gently caress this lady too.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
If I was black and had a low co-pay I would be in that guys office every week with a problem relating to my balls and rear end in a top hat. And I would call them my balls and rear end in a top hat every chance I got.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

An R&B tune for a ringtone? Goodness me, was the patient... black?

Be Depressive
Jul 8, 2006
"The drawings of the girls are badly proportioned and borderline pedo material. But"

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

The worst news is that this highly qualified mathematician actually isn't going to be helping Obama manage the budget.

I find it really weird that this guy basically states he is a network administrator and computer technician but then goes on and on about being an American Fighting Man and eating MREs and himself makes the point that he is not one of the best nor brightest because if he were then he would have jumped ship by now and found a job in the private sector.

Here's one my mom got from one of her lunatic relatives:

quote:

Subject: Ft Hood Killer advisor to Obama's Homeland Security

Now we have a little insight into why Obama said to not jump to conclusions about Nidal Hasan and why Congressmen were not briefed before the press leak.

This murdering Muslim Terrorist who killed and wounded the soldiers and civilians at Ft Hood, Texas was an advisor to Obama's Homeland Security team. Look on page 29 of the Homeland Security Institute link below.

I wonder how many more skeletons there are to come to of the cupboard. Who else is there in the government or its numerous advisors or Czars that will harm our country and citizens?

http://www.gwumc.edu/hspi/old/PTTF_ProceedingsReport_05.19.09.pdf

Go to document's page number 29, scroll down toward the botton on the Left Column

..and my mom's response.

quote:

Good gracious. How silly, Carri, that someone as intelligent as you could fall for this. As I read it, George Washington University instituted a major think-fest on homeland security in 2008, when it was unknown whether McCain or Obama would be the next president. On the executive committee were Connie Mack (R-Fla), Edward Meese (impeccable Republican credentials), William Webster (ditto) and numerous Republican illuminati. Barrack Obama had no role in it that I can discern (and I will stand corrected if I have missed something) and best I can tell (and I may be missing something because I do not keep up with this in detail) neither were any persons known to be part of his "transition team".

So, the syllogism goes: A repubican think tank had a somewhat balanced and analytical institute on homeland security. Someone involved this nutso terrorist in the program, who knows why. Barack Obama was elected president sometime after the think tank released its findings. Ergo, Obama is involved somehow with this guy. This is lunatic thinking, Carri. A disconnect with reality.

Mind you, I think the guy was a terrorist and should be executed if anyone ever should be worthy of the death penalty (and some should). But all of his training, selection, placement on this institute as a participant, long predated Obama's election. BTW, I would not place any blame on Bush either -- he could not possibly have had any idea that this participant would turn out to be an Islamist crazy. It was cowardice in the military for failing to discern reality. Not a good thing for the military. But it was not partisan -- it occurred through republican and democractic administrations.

I may have to ask you to stop sending me silly stuff. I welcome close analysis of serious problems, but I am thinking I will stop bothering to open your emails.

I think (your dead father) would be embarrassed, frankly. He was a fact-driven empirical scientific sort who cared deeply about reality as he made sense of the world.

My mom is a pretty cool lady.

the yellow dart
Jul 19, 2004

King of rings, armlocks, hugs, and our hearts
:drat:

Edit: Seriously, that's an incredible response. It makes me glad that the only time I've ever had to deal with this sort of thing is Thanksgiving 2 years ago when my aunt called Iraqis wild and ungovernable animals. The worst part is she is liberal to a fault, but just old school northeastern subtle and under the radar racist.

the yellow dart fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Nov 22, 2009

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Strudel Man posted:

If you truly believe a person cannot be convinced, I don't see what benefit there is to engaging with them at all.

In my experience these folks (mostly my family, but some other individuals as well) have their political beliefs wound so tightly with their personal identity that they are completely unable to think rationally about it. My comment was probably unnecessarily flip, because ultimately making sound arguments is the only thing we can do. However, it is frustrating to continually and politely engage people on these subjects when the only repayment is facerolling of the keyboard until they find the forward key.

To contribute:

No You Shut The gently caress Up Dad! posted:

Subject: Fwd: FW: It's Called Christmas!
This is so cool, please pass on to all your friends!

#1 Christmas Song This Year!

These guys have really got it together....good song...

click here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAckfn8yiAQ

Basically he gets super pissed anytime someone says Happy Holidays because you know, Christian nation and all that. The youtube is just some video claiming that Jesus has sole rights to the Solstice holiday. I'd avoid it.

My response:

TehSaurus posted:

In order to preserve your originalist interpretation of Christmas, may I suggest you also protest against the following holiday customs:

Gift Exchange - Originally a Roman custom in celebration of Saturnalia.
Christmas Tree - Roman custom from the Roman New Year. This is also where the idea to use lights in celebration as well.
Date - The date of Christmas was moved to coincide with the celebration of Sol Invictus, presumably in order to make it easier to convert the pagan Romans.
Yule - Jul is originally the name of the pagan winter solstice celebration in Scandinavia. Using the word Yule as it applies to Christmas really should be more offensive than saying Happy Holidays. The two became synonymous in the 10th century.

Hope this helps.

I admit my reply wasn't really constructive, but he's utterly hopeless, and I'm tired of wasting :effort: in the face of willful ignorance.

Toasticle
Jul 18, 2003

Hay guys, out this Rape
Just pasting the text didn't do this justice

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

haha I like how he tries to make the protest sound like a big deal and it's just two whackos on the street standing there

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out
the youtube comments for that song are gold:

I'll reject the "X" and just go with Christmas. I'm not about to wish you a Merry "X" mas.......As for Kwanzaa, well you celebrate it if you will, but it's just a little observed cult holday perpetrated on the black population by an ex-con Black Nationalist named Ron Karenga who was involved in the assassination of another Black Party member named John Huggings.........funny how time erodes all memory of facts.

I will give you that ONE. Please keep in mind that the Treaty of Tripoli was after the fact and was a declaration that the country is not a religious nation but it is founded on religion. However, if you check the thousands of other documentation you will find many more references to the fact that God is a central part of the formation of our country and our consitution.
You might also want to note that EVERY state constitution starts with reference to God as a part of it's foundation.

ahahahahah check this one out

Totally cute way of saying what has needed to be said for quite some time. For clarity's sake, it is a fact that the words "separation of church and state" are NOT in the constituion but how it is written it is clear that this was the intent. The purpose of that intention was to keep the state out of the church NOT to keep the church out of the state.

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!
Speaking of youtube fun, this turned up in my Dad's inbox recently, purporting to be something the BNP wanted to play as a Party Political, but was blocked by those Wicked Liberal Censors at the Beeb.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Be Depressive posted:

My mom is a pretty cool lady.

Yes, she is. It's the most politely written "you're an idiot" letter ever, and then - WHAM - "your dead father would be ashamed." Fantastic.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
My girlfriend's father today said that the way to solve the "immigration problem" is to refuse treatment to any illegals at an emergency room. This would also reduce our healthcare costs.

I didn't call him misanthropic until after he'd left the room.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Jesus. How about goddamn barbaric?

dphrag
May 20, 2006
Ooga Booga Goo
So when you get flung from a car in a car accident and raced to the hospital, you better hope to god your wallet with proof of citizenship didn't fall out of your pocket or you'll be left to die like the non-citizen you are!

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

the posted:

My girlfriend's father today said that the way to solve the "immigration problem" is to refuse treatment to any illegals at an emergency room. This would also reduce our healthcare costs.

I didn't call him misanthropic until after he'd left the room.

It'd solve the "tourism problem" as well

queen_maeree
Mar 21, 2007
Queen of Scots, yo!

thegreatcodfish posted:

I'm educating who I can (my wife mostly at the moment) and gathering info to solidify my beliefs. I'm hoping that this thread will be helpful.

I know how you feel. You "can't fix stupid." I live in Alabama, so I get to hear my share of neo-Conservative bullshit. Some of these people won't even let the truth stop them from reporting these stories or forwarding e-mails.

Actually in my teenage years, I used to attend a Baptist church. (Not by choice.) I already began to see a problem with certain messages they preached (anti-gay, etc), but had no idea how much more deeply into politics they would get! Once they started telling people who to vote for, I got the hell out of there. I no longer attend church as I now consider myself agnostic.

I'm so sick of Glenn Beck, Fox Lies--I mean "News," and those that accept anything that comes out of that asshat's mouth that I could pull my hair out.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

dphrag posted:

So when you get flung from a car in a car accident and raced to the hospital, you better hope to god your wallet with proof of citizenship didn't fall out of your pocket or you'll be left to die like the non-citizen you are!
I imagine you'd also be safe if you're white.

monkeyspank
Feb 22, 2001

Voila du boudin

Strudel Man posted:

I imagine you'd also be safe if you're white.

Ever seen Knocked Up? Seth Rogen was a Canadian in the US illegally.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

monkeyspank posted:

Ever seen Knocked Up? Seth Rogen was a Canadian in the US illegally.
I'm afraid I haven't. Was he correctly assumed to be an illegal immigrant, then?

monkeyspank
Feb 22, 2001

Voila du boudin

Strudel Man posted:

I'm afraid I haven't. Was he correctly assumed to be an illegal immigrant, then?

Not at all. Which I guess to your point, all browns get checked but Canadian illegals get off.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

monkeyspank posted:

Not at all. Which I guess to your point, all browns get checked but Canadian illegals get off.
Yeah. It's not really the false negatives that would bother me in a scheme like that.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

queen_maeree posted:

Actually in my teenage years, I used to attend a Baptist church. (Not by choice.) I already began to see a problem with certain messages they preached (anti-gay, etc), but had no idea how much more deeply into politics they would get! Once they started telling people who to vote for, I got the hell out of there.
You should go again next October or sometime leading up to an election and see if they do it again. If they do, you can report them to the IRS because what they're doing is a big no-no. You're not allowed to endorse a political candidate or party as a Church official. Assuming you want to not have to pay taxes, that is.

the tingler
Jul 15, 2009
Got this today: http://www.snopes.com/photos/architecture/prison.asp

quote:

CAN YOU GUESS WHAT THIS IS?
Can you get it on the first picture or second or third or
do you have to wait till the fourth? 5th? 6th? 7th?

PICS

New Cook County Correctional Center, Chicago , Illinois
I guess if I ever break the law, I'd better do it in Illinois !
Our military should have it so good!
Once again the taxpayer gets stung.
It also shows that in most cases the quality of life for prisoners has improved considerably from what you might expect.
And I always thought prison was for punishment.!!!!! This is what is wrong here in the USA .
Just in case you ever get these two environments mixed up, this comparison chart should make things a little bit clearer:
Let me see now .. who was the Chicago US Senator who helped arrange the funds to build this beautiful "punishment center". Oh yes, it was B. Obama!!! No wonder he sees nothing wrong with the wasted spending in his "Stimulus Plan".

I responded with that pic of Obama skateboarding out of the helicopter crash saying it was a coordinated attack by ACORN and WU on a church.

e: I'm always conflicted on whether to reply-all or not to my gramp's political forwarded email. Pros are it enlightens the subject to others who might care, Cons are it furthers people's junk mail.

the tingler fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Dec 2, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

burritonegro posted:

I responded with that pic of Obama skateboarding out of the helicopter crash saying it was a coordinated attack by ACORN and WU on a church.

Hahaha can you post this picture? I don't think I've ever seen it.