Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
People should be free to form hate groups online - they should just all wind up on a federal watchlist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.
the black panther party: a hate group

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Tell her to join the White Panther Party.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

The same guy I posted about yesterday is on a spree. I think he's on the verge of a collapse. Today's topic:

I did actually report the guy who made the threat.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Straight white Christian men, the most oppressed group in the world.

They can only meet in underground alleys, whispering about a Promised Time when being Straight, White, and a Christian Man will be accepted, but the godless liberal human being heathens control so much, it's almost a pipe dream. Until the feminazis stop making being a man a crime. Until the lesbians stop forcing straight women to be butch lesbians.

Self-delusion. If we could use that poo poo to power the world we would never need nukes.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

I'd capture the rest of it, but somehow this started as "Doug"/Scott saying gay marriage is a sin, and ended with... this.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I had some idiot post a meme of George Washington saying "When the government takes gun rights away from its citizens, it is the citizens' duty to take away the governments' right to govern."

I told him that Washington never said that and that Washington did not support armed uprising since he was willing to crush the Whiskey Rebellion with troops if need be.

Idiot responds with "the statement is still accurate" so I asked him why they had to falsely attribute it to Washington and lie about his stances.

He responded with "why don't you find out but it is still spot on." Yes, so spot on they had to pretend Washington said it.

I want to create a new meme with the same words except with Timothy McVeigh's or David Koresh's picture instead.

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

Mario Speedwagon

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

Shbobdb posted:

Tell her to join the White Panther Party.

Free John Sinclair

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

The One who Was would like to say that the White Panther Party's legacy is the Keith Case (which the PATRIOT ACT hilariously overturned). The Black Panther Party's legacy is an open carry ban in California and a generation of black kids who performed better academically because of their meal programs.

Which do you thing is better :smug:

Mr Darcy
Feb 8, 2006

Shbobdb posted:

The One who Was would like to say that the White Panther Party's legacy is the Keith Case (which the PATRIOT ACT hilariously overturned). The Black Panther Party's legacy is an open carry ban in California and a generation of black kids who performed better academically because of their meal programs.

Which do you thing is better :smug:

That's not John Sinclair.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

I want to create a new meme with the same words except with Timothy McVeigh's or David Koresh's picture instead.

Attribute every single quote to Hitler

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

toanoradian posted:

Attribute every single quote to Hitler

"Attribute every single quote to Hitler" - Adolf Hitler

That actually reminds me of one of my favorite things I've ever seen on the internet.

"If you want somebody to believe something tell them that Benjamin Franklin said it." - Benjamin Franklin

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

ToxicSlurpee posted:

"Attribute every single quote to Hitler" - Adolf Hitler

That actually reminds me of one of my favorite things I've ever seen on the internet.

"If you want somebody to believe something tell them that Benjamin Franklin said it." - Benjamin Franklin

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

It's...it's beautiful.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
:wtc:

Apparently this text only appears on Facebook. If you follow the link it's just this huffington post article about her being pregnant:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/25/bristol-palin-pregnant_n_7666678.html?utm_hp_ref=tw

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.

Ratmtattat posted:

The same guy I posted about yesterday is on a spree. I think he's on the verge of a collapse. Today's topic:

I did actually report the guy who made the threat.
My cousin posted that, and my wife completely tore her up--from a Christian viewpoint. I'm Matt Uhrafact, Cousin is Marv Ellis, my wife is Cal Orie:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

VideoTapir posted:

:wtc:

Apparently this text only appears on Facebook. If you follow the link it's just this huffington post article about her being pregnant:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/25/bristol-palin-pregnant_n_7666678.html?utm_hp_ref=tw

When you share a link you can provide your own title and description.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

The Macaroni posted:

My cousin posted that, and my wife completely tore her up--from a Christian viewpoint. I'm Matt Uhrafact, Cousin is Marv Ellis, my wife is Cal Orie:
I wonder how many people they could have fed with the money that went towards building that, installing it, and defending it in court.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
I sometimes hear people say that the Ten Commandments are okay in public because it's just good common-sense morality that everyone agrees on.

Half of them are about God :psyduck:

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

I sometimes hear people say that the Ten Commandments are okay in public because it's just good common-sense morality that everyone agrees on.

Half of them are about God :psyduck:

Take a wild guess how many people have actually read them.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Duke Igthorn posted:

I wonder how many people they could have fed with the money that went towards building that, installing it, and defending it in court.

The construction was paid for with donations. Twice.

Because some time last year a guy pissed on them and drove a car into them because Satan told him to. :devil:

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Keeshhound posted:

Because some time last year a guy pissed on them and drove a car into them because Satan told him to. :devil:

Fair play to the man. If the superpowerful embodiment of cosmic evil told me I'd better do something if I know what's good for me, I'd probably do it too.

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

TV rots your brain like it's crack cocaine
Probably the saddest attempt at getting a celebrity to STAND UP FOR BIBLICAL MARRIAGE

quote:

“We talked about it spiritually. We did a lot of reading and talked to a lot of people that had been divorced, a lot of people that had been happily married. We talked to our pastor,” McConaughey confessed. “In the end, our understanding was, ‘Let’s go make a covenant, with you, me, and God.”

http://americannews.com/matthew-mcconaughey-takes-a-bold-stand-for-biblical-marriage/

Matty McC said "God." Checkmate, fags.

Poster is in marriage #2 and is an alcoholic I gave up on helping 5 years ago when he kept crashing cars and wouldn't go to treatment...who says being gay is a disease like alcoholism, which he "overcame." I'm pretty sure I've been to mass more than him the past 5 years (and I'm not Catholic).

De Nomolos fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jul 1, 2015

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Keeshhound posted:

I wonder how many people they could have fed with the money that went towards building that, twice, installing it, twice, and defending it in court.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Less than goons spent on a racist, homophobic hot dog stand?

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Shbobdb posted:

Did it at least manage to feed some people?

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
In the same way the US military is a Keynesian super machine.

inkblot
Feb 22, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shbobdb posted:

Wait, is that for real? Is this another Grover House deal? I totally missed this one.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Just google "Doobies Doghouse". That's the joke and the punchline. But the more you know the funnier it gets.

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe

inkblot posted:

Wait, is that for real? Is this another Grover House deal? I totally missed this one.

SA helped fund a racist trying to start a hotdog store/stand and he squandered it all. Some goon canceled Christmas for his family to donate even more (before knowing the guy was both racist and inept).

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3571910&userid=30525&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

King Metal
Jun 15, 2001

Soviet Commubot posted:

I recently saw a guy post this, guess where he's from

:psyduck:Michigan:psyduck:

I grew up in a small town in Ohio, and pretty much every good ol' boy had a big truck with a confederate flag/sticker

hamster_style
Nov 24, 2004
neenjah!
This was posted on an article about it being legal to fire someone for being LGBT.

I dunno, maybe not being ostracized, beaten, murdered, and not feeling like 2nd class citizens might make them feel more "American"

Same guy:

About that...

"Taking down a racist symbol didn't solve completely racism I hope you're loving happy!" Also "blacks", really?

Then finally, the most oppressed peoples of America: straight white males.

edit: I forgot to add the one that made me want to post all of these. Cousin, former Army. He fought for ARE FREEDOMS but don't you dare burn the American flag!

hamster_style fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jul 2, 2015

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
The fact that we can burn American flags in America just means America is the Land with the Most Freedom, right?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

toanoradian posted:

The fact that we can burn American flags in America just means America is the Land with the Most Freedom, right?

You can respect the people that died for your right to have those freedoms by not practicing said freedoms.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:
I understand a lot of things about right wing people. Their insistence on flag burning being against the law is not one of those things. I don't understand how so many self-described patriots can miss the loving point so badly. Then again, Jesus was pretty clear about rich people, but yet prosperity gospel is a thing that exists. :smith:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

ErIog posted:

I understand a lot of things about right wing people. Their insistence on flag burning being against the law is not one of those things. I don't understand how so many self-described patriots can miss the loving point so badly. Then again, Jesus was pretty clear about rich people, but yet prosperity gospel is a thing that exists. :smith:
They don't actually believe in freedom of speech unless it's to say things that they approve of, and they would go fascist in a heartbeat. Their patriotism is a reflexive anchoring to the flags and other symbolism of the fatherland. Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

aaaaaaaaah I remember the good old days in the Bush administration when conservatives would restrain themselves enough to merely be passive aggressive and say things like "I don't agree with what you say but I'll fight to the death to defend your right to say it"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Doctor Butts posted:

aaaaaaaaah I remember the good old days in the Bush administration when conservatives would restrain themselves enough to merely be passive aggressive and say things like "I don't agree with what you say but I'll fight to the death to defend your right to say it"

Unless you were a war veteran with a (D) behind your name. Then you were a coward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

ErIog posted:

What you have to understand is that they often lack a truly robust sense of self-identity and a nuanced foundation of personal ethics/beliefs. To compensate, they overvalue a shallow interpretation of a group identity while simultaneously failing to examine its underlying philosophy. Belonging to a prosperity gospel church is fine, because It Is A 'Christian' Church And Church Is Good, no need, desire, or capability to more deeply examine its workings.

With the burning of a flag, they are unable to parse its action with any subtly, because they themselves are incapable of holding an opinion more complex than Good/Bad or Self/Notself.

You have to remember, RWAs don't actually believe or even understand anything they say, really. They are a lot like parrots, except I'm pretty sure you'd consider parrots to be sentient.

Edit:

muscles like this? posted:

Unless you were a war veteran with a (D) behind your name. Then you were a coward.

Another good example. They are literally incapable of building a theory of mind for anyone with a more nuanced thought process.

LeJackal fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Jul 2, 2015