Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Why do you engage them so much? Don't talk to NPCS. The one-two combo of "Yikes" and "Nice Meltdown" is enough to take most of them out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I don't know if it's so much that they're trying to skew the stats, but if you've been working for six months at minimum wage, you might earn a 15 cent raise for good performance.

That's a deece .1 figgies right there.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

lmao how the gently caress do polls even work?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

This is kind of disjointed with Obama being portrayed as evil King George V

Nyarai
Jul 19, 2012

Jenn here.
The South didn't do anything wrong. They only tried to steal federal property at gunpoint! :downs:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Thump! posted:

I wonder what a non-legitimate Hillary supporter is. Like, have they met people who actively troll them by lying to them about voting Hillary? Have they met Sorosbucks-wielding fakeocrats? Bernouts who used to claim "never Hillary" but have rallied? Who exactly have they met?

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

WHEN YOU SAY YOU'VE NEVER MET A LEGITIMATE HILLARY SUPPORTER IN REAL LIFE

BUT ALL OF YOUR FACEBOOK FRIENDS BLOCK YOU BECAUSE THEY'RE TIRED OF SEEING ALL OF YOUR lovely RIGHT WING POSTS ALL THE loving TIME.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Nyarai posted:

The South didn't do anything wrong. They only tried to steal federal property at gunpoint! :downs:

It's interesting, I was reading about the American Civil War recently and if they had taken a more defensive position from the beginning and tried to stall instead of going on the offensive they may not have won militarily, but it's more likely that support in the North would have evaporated and they may have been successful to some degree.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Doctor Butts posted:

WHEN YOU SAY YOU'VE NEVER MET A LEGITIMATE HILLARY SUPPORTER IN REAL LIFE

BUT ALL OF YOUR FACEBOOK FRIENDS BLOCK YOU BECAUSE THEY'RE TIRED OF SEEING ALL OF YOUR lovely RIGHT WING POSTS ALL THE loving TIME.

mfw i briefly notice the evanescent glimmer of my ideological bubble

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

Thump! posted:

"I've never met anyone who voted for Nixon." I'm impressed the guy knows all 300 million Americans by name.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
I legit only know one Trump supporter. Maybe it's because I normally surround myself with the kind of people who DON'T like Trump. Hmmmm.... it's almost as if there's a pattern to this - some sort of dome or bubble, if you will.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Thump! posted:

This is a person who is so close to the truth, and veers off at the last minute.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

robotsinmyhead posted:

I legit only know one Trump supporter. Maybe it's because I normally surround myself with the kind of people who DON'T like Trump. Hmmmm.... it's almost as if there's a pattern to this - some sort of dome or bubble, if you will.

I live in a cul-de-sac where there are three. One is a stay at home mom who just recently got custody of her grandson because her daughter is a meth-head. She post on facebook CONSTANTLY about freeloaders and MAH TAX DOLLARS!

Bitch you don't work AND get money from the state.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Asiina posted:

It's interesting, I was reading about the American Civil War recently and if they had taken a more defensive position from the beginning and tried to stall instead of going on the offensive they may not have won militarily, but it's more likely that support in the North would have evaporated and they may have been successful to some degree.

the confederacy was in no way organized enough to have any kind of cohesive military strategy in the first three months of the war, and iirc four states including virginia didn't secede until after fort sumter

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.

Thump! posted:

"Well you know, people always want to try to make that as one of those things, well how do you, how do you slice this particularly tough sort of ethical question. First of all, from what I understand from pollsters, that's really rare. If it's a legitimate Hillary supporter, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down. But let's assume that maybe that didn't work or something. I think there should be some punishment, but the punishment ought to be on the female voters and not attacking the Trump supporter."

-Todd Akin, mostly.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
It also depends on the area where you're living too. I live in a somewhat small town in southern Virginia and there's Trump signs everywhere and most people seem to be really supportive of Trump. If I lived in a bigger city, or in another state, I probably would have the opposite experience.

It's kind of like the "How could Romney have lost, look at all that red on the electoral maps!" thing all over again.

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe

Thump! posted:

Anyone have that article about women who didn't want to have their real names given when talking about supporting Hillary because they didn't want to deal with the online harassment?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Twelve by Pies posted:

It also depends on the area where you're living too. I live in a somewhat small town in southern Virginia and there's Trump signs everywhere and most people seem to be really supportive of Trump. If I lived in a bigger city, or in another state, I probably would have the opposite experience.

It's kind of like the "How could Romney have lost, look at all that red on the electoral maps!" thing all over again.

Very true. Up here in Richmond, it's pretty much Bernie and Hillary supporters all over. Kind of a mixed bag down in Norfolk, however. I think I saw more Ben Carson supporters than anything. (Bumper stickers, at least.)

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I live in rural Illinois in a district that doesn't even have a Dem running for the House. Literally the only candidate I've seen bumper stickers or signs for is Bernie besides like one Cruz one earlier in the race, most people have just had stuff for more local races. I have seen someone wearing a Hillary for Prison shirt and had a customer rant at me about "Killary" and Benghazi though.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I wonder what a non-legitimate Hillary supporter is. Like, have they met people who actively troll them by lying to them about voting Hillary? Have they met Sorosbucks-wielding fakeocrats? Bernouts who used to claim "never Hillary" but have rallied? Who exactly have they met?

I wish I were a Sorosbuck wielding fakeocrat. :negative:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

In arguments I've had about cursive, everyone I've talked to who makes a big deal about being able to read historical documents like the Constitution has never actually read a copy of the handwritten Constitution.

I think they're being diſingenuous.

My first introduction to primary source research was looking up British coverage of the Boston Massacre.

Or rather, the Unhappy Difturbance in Bofton.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

GreyjoyBastard posted:

My first introduction to primary source research was looking up British coverage of the Boston Massacre.

Or rather, the Unhappy Difturbance in Bofton.

Historical Archives: 14 Are Killed In 6-Hour-Long Schoolhouse Musket Shooting

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Defenestration posted:

Kermit is a terrible manager though

Maybe, but it would be almost impossible for anyone to keep a old on the cast of incompetent clowns he has to deal with. Crap, Kermit is John Boehner, isn't he?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Jurgan posted:

Maybe, but it would be almost impossible for anyone to keep a old on the cast of incompetent clowns he has to deal with. Crap, Kermit is John Boehner, isn't he?

So is Constantine Trump?

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another

I have to wonder if the doors were locked or something because I'm not sure who exactly was sticking around to get shot during his five-to-seven periods of Reloading

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

^^^^ You for real?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Cicadalek posted:

I have to wonder if the doors were locked or something because I'm not sure who exactly was sticking around to get shot during his five-to-seven periods of Reloading

It's literally unbelievable

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
I should have known, it wasn't even in cursive

Edible Hat
Jul 23, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Are you under the impression that early newspapers did not employ movable type?

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

Edible Hat posted:

Are you under the impression that early newspapers did not employ movable type?

He's trying to get off the hook with a Simpsons reference, but we shouldn't fall for it anyway

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
That's a simpsons reference?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

mds2 posted:

I live in a cul-de-sac where there are three. One is a stay at home mom who just recently got custody of her grandson because her daughter is a meth-head. She post on facebook CONSTANTLY about freeloaders and MAH TAX DOLLARS!

Bitch you don't work AND get money from the state.

But see, she EARNS her money, not like those people with their rich cars and their iPhones and their long salon nails and getting junk food at the store and ribs and watermelon and fried chicken and steak!

My dad is the same way. Has been trying for years to get his new wife on disability, because she caught some virus on a SCUBA trip when they were in Bali or Cabo or somewhere, and now she can't work. He blames the fact a rich white woman can't get disability on the fact all "those people" raise generations of kids on it. My nephew lives with his mom, my stepbrother's ex, most of the time, and they don't have air conditioning. In AZ that's almost a death sentence. But my dad still likes to mock her for trying to "abuse the system" when the poor woman can't even sleep when it's 100* at 9pm. Never mind my nephew living in it either.

I've tried to mention that this girl could have easily ruined my stepbrother's life but was persuaded not to because "she only sees dollar signs." Maybe, Dad, but she was 17 when she got knocked up, and my stepbrother was 18, almost 19, so yeah, he could be considered a chomo. And you promising to help her take care of the baby means nothing, it's court mandated, you gently caress!

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Fulchrum posted:

That's a simpsons reference?

If so, I don't know it, and neither does google.

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004

So, I've sort of been trolling a guy I know by posting articles about good things happening, and he'll share it and :bahgawd: LIBERALS! :bahgawd: I think I broke his brain today.

constantIllusion
Feb 16, 2010

I'd like to know what the Venn diagram of people who accused President Obama of being Muslim and the people who complained about Reverend Jeremiah Wright looks like.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

constantIllusion posted:

I'd like to know what the Venn diagram of people who accused President Obama of being Muslim and the people who complained about Reverend Jeremiah Wright looks like.

One circle. :colbert:

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.

The president looks behind him (where the bartender is already looking) and sees the three people mentioned earlier.

"These guys have been following me for years!" he quips.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Not a crazy forward, but a pretty pro one on the Benghazi report that came up today:

quote:

Two years, $7 Million dollars

And nothing.

Trey Gowdy has this morning released the results of his witch hunt.

And he's got nothing.

Nothing we didn't already know:

- Security at the consulate was inadequate -- which is unsurprising given that Congress had cut funding for embassy security.

- President Obama and Secretary Clinton didn't do anything wrong -- though in retrospect Clinton could have done certain things better in the days leading to the attack, but then who doesn't have 20/20 hindsight, right?

- The report reluctantly admits Clinton herself "never personally denied any requests for additional security in Benghazi" and she was "active and engaged" on the night of the attacks, she was actively working with the president, the CIA director, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and others in the hours following the attack.

- All the conspiracy theories were bullshit. No stand-down order was ever given.

Even the most ardent Hillary Haters on the panel, Jim Jordan (R-OH) and Mike Pompeo (R-KS), who released their own "additional views," said that then Secretary of State Hillary Clinton "paid special attention to Libya," and the worst criticism they could level was that she"missed her last, clear chance to protect her people." Again, 20/20 hindsight. Which also applies to those Senators and Representatives who voted to cut security funding, or those members of the Bush administration who missed the clues prior to 9-11, or EVERY terrorist attack for the last 200 years. Trust me, speaking as a former intelligence officer, there's nothing easier than predicting the past. Everybody sees the dangers and makes the right decisions when they have the benefit of being privy to all the details four years in the future.

$7 Million. 2 Years.

The report is just vague enough that you can, sort of, bend it to make whatever political hay you like. But there's no smoking gun and Gowdy just couldn't quite torpedo Clinton or Obama no matter how much time and money he wasted. He couldn't even produce an illicit blowjob. And so this morning the media is floundering to pull something, anything, from the report to generate headlines. The Washington Post reports, "Benghazi Report Reveals Little New Information About Hillary Clinton." Aw. Another WaPo Headline reports "The Five Most Serious accusations from Republican's Benghazi Report." Accusations. Not conclusions. They'd have gotten more page hits if they'd gone with the five most unusual conspiracy theories regarding Benghazi. USA Today reveals, "US Failed to Protect Americans in Benghazi." Really? No kidding. I'm pretty sure we'd didn't need Trey Gowdy to tell us that. The New York Daily News desultorily reports, "Benghazi Report Brings No Bombshells on Clinton Role." drat. drat it. For $7 Million we expect bombshells. And blowjobs.

Basically the report agrees with every previous investigation in almost all respects.

Except for one thing.

Gowdy couldn't blame Obama and he couldn't pin it on Clinton.

But he'd spent $7 Million dollars and for that much dough he had to blame somebody.

So he blamed the military.

That's right. He blamed the military.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

seiferguy posted:

Not a crazy forward, but a pretty pro one on the Benghazi report that came up today:

I'm mixed about this thing because if confronted with it Vilerat's mom would be sent into a frothing rage. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Looks like I won my toxx.

Rick_Hunter posted:

I'm mixed about this thing because if confronted with it Vilerat's mom would be sent into a frothing rage. :smith:

She's been jerked around so much by the world and it doesn't look like this poo poo will abate any time soon :smith: