Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

WrenP-Complete posted:

Maybe it's a dalek?

Is it a muslim dalek?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

boner confessor posted:

i get that one level of the joke is that henry ford was a giant authoritarian who would send his goons around to worker's houses to inspect their private residences to make sure they didn't have any alcohol, what are the others

I think the other's are:

* He was a huge racist and didn't give a poo poo about native Americans
* He never said this

I wouldn't be surprised if the person in the picture isn't even Henry Ford

Edit: oh wait I forgot the obvious one: the native Americans didn't exactly ask for government assistance

My Linux Rig fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Sep 30, 2016

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

LeJackal posted:

When spoken sincerely, the phrase 'flat tax' is like 'freedman on the land' or 'moon hoax'. It tells you immediately that you're dealing with a broken person.

I think it takes in a lot of people who have never thought about it seriously.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Arglebargle III posted:

It doesn't help that they are often pushed by some slick propaganda types that put a lot of effort into media designed to fool the kind of people that don't put my thought into their beliefs in the first place.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Old Faithful has a goodun today courtesy of reddit:

http://i.imgur.com/LA17382.jpg

Dude getting tossed from building

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Oct 1, 2016

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Could that be spoilered please? And or behind links? Whatever the consensus is.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Instant Sunrise posted:

"We have no opinion on the Arab-Arab conflicts, like your border disagreement with Kuwait."

Bingo, our ambassador flubbed it needlessly, leading to a perception by Saddam Hussein that he could get away with a forcible land grab.

Once he did so, our intervention was the correct thing to do. It was just also partially precipitated by a diplomatic failure (eg to properly convey the strength of our feelings on "but we would really prefer a peaceful solution").

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

Arglebargle III posted:

Yeah, sometime I feel bad because a lot of the time the SovCit people are folks that found themselves in situations where they were simply so desperate for an escape (usually from massive debt) that they're willing to believe the hucksters that sell the SovCit training manuals simply because they don't see any other way out.

Then you have the smug idiots who think that they're just one of the chosen few that's smarter than everyone else because they've stumbled upon The Great Secret and I love that look on their face when their magic words don't manage to keep the police from smashing their windows and dragging them out of the car and you get to watch them wonder just how this happened.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Stallion Cabana posted:

So here's something a little different.

An IRC chatlog from a conversation I had yesterday. In it, I, a middle class white cishet, am called selfish for voting for Hillary Clinton by a lesbian transwoman who has decided she isn't voting at all. She then says that Hillary Clinton has no support from Black People. When I point out what she's saying she denies it. I should point out we've have conversations like this or similar to this before, so it may seem a little disjointed but I am referencing things that happened before. I named her and the other dude something to hide identity but I just used my name here because whatever. I tried to edit it to be readable and poo poo so hopefully it came out okay. It's a little long though.

Ask her how she feels about Hillary pushing the UN to recognise LGBT rights, and her letting Trans people display their real gender on their passports, not their birth gender.

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

What exactly is LA Times doing with their polling that's different from the other polls?

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

shadowvine118 posted:

What exactly is LA Times doing with their polling that's different from the other polls?

There should be a bot that snipes every page with an explanation for this and for "arzying," but that LA Times tracking poll has like 2 black people in it. One of them is like non-college Trump supporter at >$65k a year income and due to the "demographic adjustments" based on whether or not respondents vote his vote is sometimes magnified up to 25x when he responds to the tracking poll.

They really need to stop publishing that poll. It's terrible, provably terrible in it's methodology. It has like a 4-6% house lean towards Trump.

edit:
So if that poll shows a dead heat then that means Clinton is at least +4%. It's real hosed since dead heat and +4 is the probably the difference between a narrow Clinton victory and the 1988 Dukakis blowout or maybe even the 1984 Mondale blowout.

ErIog fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Oct 1, 2016

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
they have the same group of people that they poll to see how their opinions on the candidates shift over time.

however, in their entire sample group, there are only two african-americans, and one of them is a huge trump supporter.

now they do adjustments to the raw polling data to match the national demographics, but as a consequence the one trump supporting african-american guy has an outsized influence on the poll results.

efb

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

LeJackal posted:

It doesn't help that they are often pushed by some slick propaganda types that put a lot of effort into media designed to fool the kind of people that don't put my thought into their beliefs in the first place.

The NRA?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

After a debate where I realized my opponent based the entirety of his understanding over economic conspiracy theories (KENNEDY WAS ASSASSINATED BECAUSE OF SILVER!!) my opponent PMed me this:

quote:

This might seem like "Tin-Foil Hat" territory to you... but is in fact largely backed up by history and tax records... if you got 3 hours...lol. Cheers: https://youtu.be/rtiOEpOnqtI

It's a documentary about SOROS and THE ROTHCHILDS :sigh:

Haxin Jackson
Apr 3, 2011

Pepe was a completely innocuous character until a bunch of white supremacist Nazi-wannabes decided to make him their mascot. A Good Macro.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

iajanus posted:

Obvious Bait?

I think focusing on any particular piece of media is a silly. Any gains against Loose Change don't apply to Conspiracy Theory: Did We Land on the Moon? in general. The best tactic is to encourage more skepticism and critical thinking.

Good luck with that, considering the Prussian system of public education in this country.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

SSNeoman posted:

Old Faithful has a goodun today courtesy of reddit:

http://i.imgur.com/LA17382.jpg

Dude getting tossed from building

As opposed to murica, where violent religious extremists harass them until they commit suicide. Much cleaner.

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer
Alright fans, let's kick off another Extremely Pissed Off Right Winger Weekend!

dear lord, please comfort those I am hurting with my racist and sexist loving opinions today

Muslims! In your pools!
Would read a piece on why pools have long been sites of moral panic and racism wrapped up in public health.

get a drat job: man who lost his license to practice medicine

and neither do syrian refugees

I honestly can't tell if this is one of the more overtly racist comments on EPORW or one of the least.

"This could be my grandmother...she was Italian and they weren't letting Italians in"
*next sentence
"Don't let those terrorist muslims in!"

I wish

Hillary got cheated on, therefore she's the worst and it's all her fault

to be fair I don't remember the woman's name in the Chappaquiddick thing either.

Stacey

great wall

Snopes has a good rundown of this (house is worth like $2m, so she checked the "house worth between 1-5 million" box)
But every time I see this macro I just get depressed that I will never be able to afford a house anywhere in Camberville. Even the shittiest 1br condos are $300k

I'm sure this 100% happened

free market baby

what, did he kool aid man through the wall of the plane?
OH YEAH

"Instant Justice" is never justice

Huma

thoughts from the peanut gallery

that would be impressive

just wanted to make sure everyone saw this horrifying image again

(this was not a comment on the Hillary as a prostitute article)

Defenestration fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Oct 1, 2016

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Yoko Ono? :crossarms:

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Wait, so they're saying that the Clintons were honest while they were in the white house and waited until Bill went private to get rich?

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Defenestration posted:

and neither do syrian refugees

No, they came for free Indian land under the homestead act.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
I just finished a phone conversation that reminded me why I abstain from voting altogether, my family whom I am forced to live with are clueless right-wingers that me to vote for Trump against all common sense and human decency because of what Bill did so we don't want him as First Gentleman. Nevermind that:
  1. This is not nor has it ever been about Bill, get over it.
  2. Trump is, has, and will always be far far worst than Clinton ever could be.
I humored her but I'd honestly sooner kill myself than vote that bastard in.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Obama been cock-blocking an awful lot of teens to get the pregnancy rate that low.

Mostly though, c'mon Democrats! We all know the President doesn't single-handedly set the Dow or the unemployment rate; the two you could reasonably argue are Iran's centrifuges and the uninsured rate from the Iran deal and PPACA, but neither of those were the President flying solo, and it's loving awful when we see a billion lovely macros about how the President has single-handedly destroyed the country so stop propagating that lovely mindset.

Clunk Tap It
May 1, 2014

Defenestration posted:

I'm sure this 100% happened

America's Freedom Fighters posted:

Of course this wasn't actually Michelle Obama, but drat if they don't look a lot alike. That's not to mention, I could totally see Michelle doing something like this prior to becoming the nation’s First Lady, considering she has an attitude that doesn’t quit and has a stare that could cut through glass when she’s pissed off.

The Smoking Gun posted:

Surly Straphanger Sought In Subway Stiletto Shoe Slashing Of Senior
...In a bid to identify the suspect, police released the above photo, a still from a cell phone video recorded by a passenger. Investigators estimate that the stiletto attacker is about 25 years old, weighs 120 pounds, and is 5’ 7” tall.

I thought Michelle was supposed to be a huge, mannish hulk to AFF.

Defenestration posted:

"Instant Justice" is never justice
The article is about taking pictures of rioters and sharing them on social media. I don't see how anyone could think "instant Justice" meant anything else.

Clunk Tap It fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Oct 1, 2016

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Mo_Steel posted:

Obama been cock-blocking an awful lot of teens to get the pregnancy rate that low.

Mostly though, c'mon Democrats! We all know the President doesn't single-handedly set the Dow or the unemployment rate; the two you could reasonably argue are Iran's centrifuges and the uninsured rate from the Iran deal and PPACA, but neither of those were the President flying solo, and it's loving awful when we see a billion lovely macros about how the President has single-handedly destroyed the country so stop propagating that lovely mindset.

I disagree. Obama didn't do it all single-handed, but the very first thing he did in office was push through an economic stimulus that saved the country from recession and a possible second Great Depression. He shares that credit with about 300 congresspeople, but you can't say he had nothing to do with it. Blaming the president for day-to-day fluctuations of the stock market is stupid, but an eight year trend is something the political leadership influences.

Chimera-gui posted:

I just finished a phone conversation that reminded me why I abstain from voting altogether, my family whom I am forced to live with are clueless right-wingers that me to vote for Trump against all common sense and human decency because of what Bill did so we don't want him as First Gentleman. Nevermind that:
  1. This is not nor has it ever been about Bill, get over it.
  2. Trump is, has, and will always be far far worst than Clinton ever could be.
I humored her but I'd honestly sooner kill myself than vote that bastard in.

You clearly have a very strong opinion in this election, so why aren't you voting?

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

Jurgan posted:

You clearly have a very strong opinion in this election, so why aren't you voting?

What part of "I am forced to live with right-wingers" did you miss there? If I expressed any interest in voting, they'd force me to vote for Trump and I refuse to to contribute to that rear end in a top hat possibly getting into office.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Oct 1, 2016

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Jurgan posted:

It's pretty clear that voting as an act is symbolically disconnected from the practical function that it actually plays in society.

I'm voting for Stein to send a message (To supernatural election gods that I've never acknowledged or fully conceptualized, but certainly exist in my brain)

Chimera-gui posted:

What part of "I am forced to live with right-wingers did you miss there? If I voted, they'd force me to vote for Trump and I refuse to vote for that rear end in a top hat.

I guess if you can't lie, you can't vote. But we have a secret ballot for a reason.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Unfortunately, I'd be going with my mother to vote and she'd undoubtedly ask who I voted for since she did exactly that the first and only time I voted before back in 2008 so it wouldn't be a secret.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
Couldn't you just... lie...?

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Chimera-gui posted:

Unfortunately, I'd be going with my mother to vote and she'd undoubtedly ask who I voted for since she did exactly that the first and only time I voted before back in 2008 so it wouldn't be a secret.

She won't be in the booth with you.

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx
Either grow a pair or lie? I'm pretty sure of all the morally questionable things one can do in their life that would count as one of the most innocuous lies ever.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Chimera-gui posted:

Lie?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
When my parents ask about my voting I just make jokes like I'm registered with the pizza party and voting for Luke Skywalker.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
What state is it?

Do you know what type of ballots you use? If you're worried about her going into your booth, you can't dilly dally while you vote.

Don't let people intimidate you into voting one way or another. This is your civil right.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

What state is it?

Virginia.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Maybe you should give your family a vacation.

TO HELL.

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?

Or tell the truth; "that's personal, I'm not gonna tell you"

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Tell her you're voting for Abuela Hierra, don't be such a pussy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

I live in Virginia too and at least here, they have booths with walls around them so nobody can see your screen, and they only allow one person at a time to go up there with you. There's no way nobody can see who you vote for, unless they have a different setup where you live.