Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Urgh. I know that these people are crazy, but would it kill them to actually format
>>
an email without the stupid things?
>>
Like This?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Moinkmaster posted:

Your friend is terrible.

Also, I was wondering about this last bit here:

I'm missing something here, and while it's probably something simple, it's eluding me.

If people had true property rights, then the Emancipation proclamation would have been illegal. It specifically banned people from 'owning' their property and released all of it from custody.

I guess that is what is said there in that clippit, but I didn't feel like going back for the context.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Toasticle posted:

Thats nothing, he sent me a copy of "Dangerous Demographics" which is a 8 minute infomercial on how brown people are outfucking us. All I remember from it is a reproduction rate of 1.3 is "not reversable" and islamics produce at a rate of 8.3 or something. It's like a racist Civ IV expansion or something.

FEAR THE BETTER CHILD PRODUCING ISLAMIC

Found it on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ou5iaVSw_dE

Silly Racists, everyone knows babies are born atheists! :science:

Slaan fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Sep 29, 2009

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

V-Men posted:

Public bath stalls are private, right?

Only if it is in an airport.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Stupid poo poo

:ughh:

They don't seem to be even trying anymore. I'm surprised they didn't add in, THESE WERE ALL TERRORIST ATTACKS ZERO ALLOWED TO HAPPEN!!!!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

I like how they list the 'bad' things about people. Things like:

Black
Puerto Rican
Communist
Homosexual
and above all radical

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

He does all that by buying tomatoes from a guy at the farmer's market? Obviously that farmer has an email address, and thus couldn't be a millionaire!

Also, why the hell doesn't he just go to the local library and get a crap internet connection.

And the minimum wage is, what $7.85 right now?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

But it entertained me for 5 minutes :(

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

quote:

REMEMBER ALL OF OUR MILITARY!!!!!

So, what you are saying is that this Maxine person supports repealing Don't Ask, Don't Tell? :psyduck:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

You mean all I have to do to be rich is be poor and have kids? Why didn't I think of that?!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Logan 5 posted:

One of the (very peripheral) problems I have with this: why the gently caress is the "Attention illegal immigrants" in quotes?

If you disagree, just delete. :colbert:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

RagnarokAngel posted:

obamamarx.jpg

Also a fan of this one:

Not racist.

Its all the Union's and Acorn's fault, I knew it! No matter Unions are at their lowest point in decades, and Acorn has dissolved, they control the government now.

Also, blacks and browns :colbert:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

MOLLUSC posted:

If you read what conservatives say on sites like twitter, you can see all of their fears projected on Obama. He is all possible enemies to the American way of life. A communist, liberal, fascist. An unintelligent, incompetent, evil genius. Secret muslim, Maoist, totalitarian, wimp. Simultaneously a complete idiot and a criminal mastermind who managed to hide the fact that he is not American by birth.

Nah, he can't be an evil, criminal mastermind. He doesn't have a goatee and/or hitler 'stach.

Unless...

My God! Obama is black. Obama has black hair. The evil facial hair blends into his skin color, hiding it in plain site. Only a dastardly, evil genius like Barack Obama could think of being born black!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

I think y'all have covered most of it, but this:

quote:

ANYWAY (i digress, sorry);

Really pissed me off. If you type out 'I Digress,' than why the gently caress don't you just change or take out what you digressed on?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Mooseontheloose posted:

Cause Jesus was all about using racial slurs and hating people.

Oh? :colbert:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Bagheera posted:

Yeah, and I know that my leftist Latino friends think that Obama's still doing it today.

He is ordering assassinations, even on American citizens, if I recall correctly.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Papercut posted:

1. Muslims believe the Qu'ran is to be taken literally, with no interpretation needed, and with the newest passages taking precedence over the earlier ones
  2. Islam is less a religion than a "religious ideology", because Sharia is a mandatory legal and political plan for all of society that constitutes a totalitarian means of ordering society at every level (the video then goes into "creeping Sharia", scare slides about Sharia already having a "foot in the door" in Europe, Sharia orders that drinkers be whipped! etc)
  3. Muslims are allowed to deceive non-Muslims if it helps Islam ("there are many examples of Muslim leaders today saying one thing in English to the Western press, followed by saying something completely different to their followers in Arabic [scary font])

Psst, Good Christians?, you're projecting all over the floor!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Why, yes, email author, Islam is a way of life that involves Politics, Religion, Economics, etc.

In no way, shape or form does Big C Christianity or Big J Judaism do the same things. No sir.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

hate speech posted:

) No foreign 'students' over age 21. The older ones are the bombers. If they don't attend classes, they get a 'D' and it's back home baby.

I don't know about you, but my last 4 family doctors have been foreigners. And the guy that checked out my Dad's heart a few weeks ago was Ukrainian.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Brennanite posted:

:bahgawd:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the whole point of that 1% sent to Washington saving the banks from themselves? I'm pretty sure they started that after the Great Depression because banks never actually kept enough money in their vaults to survive a run on the bank. So the Fed keeps a small amount from every bank, and can help the banks in trouble, and the vaults keep the bank alive until the Fed can step in. Right?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Elias_Maluco posted:

You better warn you mother that Brazilīs next president very likely will be a MARXIST TERRORIST:
http://www.savethemales.ca/bulgarian_marxist_terrorist_ti.html

Just saw this gem posted on twitter by stupid brazilian right-wing crazies. The site is full of equally shocking revelations like "Freud was a Sabbatean who sold his perverted satanist beliefs to the world".

What is it about insanity and not being able to format a basic website, or even email, in a coherent manner?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Pththya-lyi posted:

Catholics are loyal to the Vatican, not America! Also, they're after your children, as shown in this 1876 Thomas Nast cartoon:

Edit: Another anti-Catholic cartoon, this time from 1943:

I'm confused about the first picture. Are the crocodiles those drat Irish Ginger Catholics that are coming to kill our schools and children? (GO BACK TO IRELAND DRUNKIE! :argh:) Reading comprehension. I just saw you text above it.

And to be fair to the second cartoon, the Pope was turning a blind eye to the atrocities that were committed by the Catholic fascists in Italy and Germany.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

tek79 posted:

Mommy, why do the terrorists hate us?

Fer ARE freedoms, sonny. Fer are freedoms.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Saint Sputnik posted:

Bonus cranky letter about a Halloween wedding.

Hey, Ruth? Bleeding hearts are for LIEberals, not Good Christians, dontchaknow? What are you, some kind of Commie?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Isn't badmouthing the commander-in-chief an offense against Military Regs?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

MrNemo posted:

I noticed they didn't mention how he began his political activities stumping for FDR or as a Union leader. Odd little oversight that.

Or that he raised taxes (on all but the rich), used to be a union boss and vastly expanded government.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

RagnarokAngel posted:

ACORN adds another layer of stupidity since it no longer exists and yet is still talked about as if it does.

Republican: Counterpoint - George Soros, Tides Foundation! :smug:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Yeah, and my parents make about $200k together, and say the same drat thing. "Our Cruise to the Bahamas was on the middle decks :qq:"

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

laughterhouse five posted:

What, did you really think that human lives were more important than politics?

Public Health and Safety, citizen. Those Cubans would probably send in poisoned cigars and rum. :patriot:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Oasx posted:

Is Donald Trump having an affair with Jesus? :aaa:

No, he sold him a cross, then backed out 3 days later. The Donald screwed another guy and left Jesus hanging.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

What was the point of drawing each panel twice with slightly different coloring?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

eatenmyeyes posted:

I didn't think people this crazy could write html.

It is like Warhammer Orks: it is genetic. They can just instinctively toss together a bunch of bits and pieces, and somehow, someway, it works. It baffles the mind, and no rational mind can comprehend it.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

jojoinnit posted:

Sir, are you implying that unborn children could grow up to be criminals, evildoers and warlocks? Maybe this will change your mind: What if Jesus had been aborted? :smug:

No crusades. :dawkins101:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Don't we already do that in the inner cities with black/latino kids and the US military? :tinfoil:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Now De-friended Facebook friend posted:

Dear President Obama,

I am writing today with a somewhat unusual request. First and foremost, I will be asking that you return America to its August 20th, 1959 borders, so that Hawaii is no longer a state and you are no longer a citizen.

Your Friend,

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu

1. Why would Israel's PM care about the citizenship of the American president?
2. Even if this did happen, Obama would still be a citizen.

:ughh:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

I like the cut of your jib! So pay for it yourself :colbert:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Sarion posted:

Foolishly spending $400 on an iPhone or jewelry still isn't exactly living high on the hog. Regardless of what they spend it on, being on Food Stamps means you earn less than 130% of the FPL. Which means your life isn't exactly something to be envious of.

For an individual this means $14000 a year; for a family of 4 it means $29,000 a year. But the amount of food stamps you get is also limited by your income. So if you make right at the edge, you don't get very much assistance from the program.

For the iPhone, at least, it is a major investment towards the future! A good smartphone is almost essential now, and takes care of multiple things a poor person needs with a smaller pricetag. $300 + a monthly bill is less than: home internet + some entertainment + home phone. And, in this economy, you basically need to have a phone at all times for your job/job interview requests. Missing that request could mean missing out on a better job. Having a good phone is one of the best things a poor person can buy.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

jojoinnit posted:

A million times this. When I was job hunting my smartphone was everything. Besides allowing me to be in contact with recruiters it allowed me to apply for jobs online and email people about followups. It was my Internet connection and pretty much everything else.

Yep. This is why many homeless shelters and unemployment offices provide cell phones for the long-term and more trustworthy clients. They can use the cell phone to get a good job. Without a phone, you are screwed. I remember an NPR story about the long-term unemployed where a woman missed accepting a job offer (after 14 months of looking) because she was in the shower when the phone rang. They called the other finalist and get the acceptance immediately, so she lost the job.

She cried on the story. :(

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

In the negotiations with the PHARMA, etc. reps before they began molding the bill, he promised that there would be no public option in order for them to not "Harry and Louise" PPACA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

PalmTreeFun posted:

Here's another one. This one's Geocities-worthy.

HOW DARE YOU CALL AMERICA ARROGANT!

*goes off on how folding the national flag = Jesus*

Why do I have the strange feeling that this is all made up bullshit? :rolleyes: