Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

The link in the video description is amazing.

https://mises.org/daily/2066

quote:

(...)Somalia has done very well for itself in the 15 years since its government was eliminated. The future of peace and prosperity there depends in part on keeping one from forming.(...)

That's mostly what Somalia is known for in the last 15 years, peace and prosperity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Rosalind posted:

I don't even understand what her argument is. There weren't black people in her police academy class therefore it's not racist to shoot black men?

Maybe it's supposed to justificate predominantly white police in predominantly black communities by saying that black people don't join the police because they're being threatened? Maybe she meant to imply that they're being threatened by other black people because, obviously, black people are thugs and don't want other black people to become policemen. Or something.

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

JohnClark posted:

Matt Innae is an old white lady, who also is the one who liked my post at the bottom (I'm Curtis E. Flush). Good to see that a sarcastic re-posting of MLK's words from Letter from Birmingham Jail flew right over these racist's heads.

I really wonder how right-wingers got the idea that it's only allowed to protest in your own city (or neighborhood). The same complains are brought up in Europe when there's any kind of larger demonstration that people want to throw poo poo at. And I get why local politicians are always quick to point out that everyone who broke the law was some professional troublemaker from Berlin or Kopenhagen, or LA or New York because their citizens would never behave like that (and most of the time, they're "flown in" or "bussed" because they can't even imagine that people have their own opinions, they must always be controlled by some kind of evil liberal puppetmaster), but why do regular people care about that so much? It seems perfectly normal to demonstrate in Ferguson right now, that's where the thing happened they're protesting against.

That "protest" is a criminal activity along the lines of looting and throwing rocks at the police is pretty awesome as well. Obviously, that's more than enough to deserve death.

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Well, obviously children can't become normal, heterosexual adults without A MOTHER AND A FATHER, so we're gonna have to force those single mums to marry anyway.

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

VideoTapir posted:

Which ones are those?

All the other ones :argh:

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

It's just nationalism. There's an American nation that exists a priori and all the administrative state and government stuff is just the way the nation chooses to organize itself. And the only reason the majority of people is so wrong is that somehow we count black people and hispanics and women as "people" now, and let them vote and call them Americans and stuff like that.

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Radish posted:

What do they think happens if you say "Merry Christmas"? We can joke about the black UN helicopters disappearing carolers but seriously what do they think will happen, disregarding the obvious "Merry Christmas" in the macro itself?

I mean I know this is really about them not being able to force other people to honor their religion but I'd like to ask a person concerned about this what happened the last time he or she said it.

"A little girl was told to not say happy holidays by her teacher, I just saw that on TV. Also, Company X recently caved and stopped wishing their customers Merry Christmas because muslim homosexual communazis complained to them. How can you not see they're forcing their belief down our throats?"

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

DoctorWhat posted:

Well, yeah, it's not a "war crime" in peacetime. Which is kinda hosed up.

hosed up, but not uncommon. The Chemical Weapons Convention prohibits the use of tear gas ,for example. Shooting a tear gas canister at a foreign army: War crime. Shooting a tear gas canister at a group of unarmed, peaceful people exercising their democratic rights: A-ok!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Everytime you encounter a policeman, you should thank them. They have just given you the gift of life by benevolently deciding to not kill you.