Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Toasticle posted:

Herb Allison
TARP Czar
Fannie May CEO responsible for the US recession by using real estate mortgages to back up the US stock market. Caused millions of people to lose their life savings.

Ahhh, it's nice to see that they're still trying to blame Fannie Mae for the financial crisis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Tesla Insanely Coil posted:

If this has been posted before, it's been a while.

HIGH SCHOOL --1959 vs. 2009

The best part about this? The people that read this and nod in agreement are the ones that are making the phone calls and lawsuits.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Vilerat posted:

And don't let Illegal immigrants not being eligible for welfare get in the way of a good hateful email.

Yeah, it's pretty amazing how the illegal immigrants with no SSN or the like are able to get free dental, healthcare, and so many other services. Their kids will probably get stuff, but not them.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

walrusonthehill posted:

I got this from my dad...there's a picture included of a gravestone that says:

* Number of States won by:
* Democrats: 19
* Republicans: 29

Ask him when he'll stop living in the 50's and recognize Alaska and Hawaii.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Econosaurus posted:

I dont even know where to start, any comments?

Hmm... This_Never_Happened.Txt, or perhaps he was just laughed off the podium before he even got half-way done?

I'd be afraid of any school that allows such Objectivist Tripe to be spouted.

Taerkar fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Dec 25, 2009

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Ah, even better, so he's been pre-mocked by never being invited to give the speech.

I wonder what he would think of the new version of the "Those that can't" line.

Those that can, do.
Those that can't, manage.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

I don't see any way to argue with proof like that. Being as there is none

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Dr. Tough posted:

Well that's pretty much why they won right there. Also I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the Air Force was restricted to using Pakistani tactics or something like that.

IIRC, the US pilots also didn't have AWACS and a couple of other restrictions. Most of the HORRIBLE US DEFEAT/HUMILIATION IN COMBAT EXERCISES should have a long list of *'s next to them.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Toad on a Hat posted:

I love how Obama can be the mastermind of an international cabal that forges documents and pays off thousands of people to keep silent, but even with those omnipotent powers he can't fix the economy using green poo poo in a day therefore he's going to allow the Muslims to take over due to low birthrates. Or something.

Makes you wonder...........

Because that would involve strengthening the true AmeruhCAN patriots, the rich white man, who will be able to stop the islamofascistcommunazi plot.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

It involved Nancy Pelosi, therefore it's obviously a Democratic Plot to make us all worship Maollah.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

It's an old person rant in text form. I bet it was transcribed from a recording, which means we're missing out on the random changes in tone and inflection.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Please tell me you're quoting a crazy forwarded political email there.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Farrok posted:

You know, I'm amazing my dad keeps sending me stuff after I debunk all the other crap. This one is actually the most irritating I've gotten I think:

In giant bold black letters. Aside from being two forwards mashed together, that first one looked familiar....
oh look here's the same loving thing about Clinton. I swear these things are reused over and over again deliberately by the GOP noise machine to keep pushing the DEMOCRATS=TAXES AND BIG GOVERNMENT meme.

Yeah, the great laziness programs promoted by Roosevelt, such as the CCC and the TVA.

It amazes me how Roosevelt is seen as such an evil person.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Coffee Jones posted:

Yes, I am literally an adult with the mind of a child. (ps: I've never been out of my state)

It amazes me how these people claim that the postal service is 'broken'. It's pretty much the summation of how little they understand things.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

I'm pretty sure the thought process is as follows:

1) Is it a Government entity?

If Yes: "INEFFIS INEFFICABAD FAILURE, PRIVATIZE!

If No: "GLORIOUS CAPITALISM RIGHTING ALL"

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Yeah, that just popped up on a friend's facebook (A 'saved' Christian who found Jesus when he was diagnosed with MS)

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

We were too busy watching American Idol to notice these things before, BUT WE NOTICE THEM NOW!

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Stop using your LIEberal facts.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Vilerat posted:

So what if you are a US citizen, are you required to carry identification on you? You are now! They really didn't think through how big of an invasion of your personal liberties this is. Also does nothing to stop unchecked illegal immigration.

They did all the thinking they needed to do if you don't try to sugar-coat this in non-racist terms.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

The law passed in 1961 that specifically stated that Barack "The Islam Sensation" Obama wasn't a naturally-born citizen of the US, of course.

They were very proactive about it.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

crime fighting hog posted:

I imagine most people who believe these emails outright also think electricity is magic.

Miracles, not magic.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Doomclown posted:

Well there are also sales taxes, payroll taxes, fuel taxes, and so on, although that still probably doesn't add up to 40%30% of his salary.

Even giving them that benefit (and payroll taxes shouldn't be even considered) would be also pointing out that somehow the illegal immigrant doesn't have to pay any of them. He must have found that magical black market that charges the same price as the stores.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

quote:

1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.

And yet it does work in the opposite direction. Amazing!

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

I like how they finally started putting (D) next to the names.

"You see! They're all Dumbocrats! Haha!"

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

MOLLUSC posted:

I wonder who will fund that mighty military if there are no taxes in this conservative utopia?

Pillaging from conquering the weaker, democratic countries.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

muscles like this? posted:

I love the idea of the $5000 grenade. What does it blow up? Everything?

It's the fabled DEATHKILL 5000 grenade. At $5,000 it's a bargain at $1 per guaranteed white protestant death.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

RagnarokAngel posted:

Here's a good one:

How to make conservatives hate the rich? When they put their money into something other than a new mansion.

I was thinking about changing my policy from Progressive to another company, but after reading this I'm happy where I am.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

crime fighting hog posted:

So we go broke eventually? Makes sense to me.

Kinda.

A country can really only go broke if nobody wants to buy their debt. A rather large amount of the national debt is actually held by the government (The so-called raiding of the Social Security Bank) and the return on US Government Bonds right now is stupid low, which means that it's in high demand.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

I wonder how many 'expensive' things I could buy for the cost of one hospital visit to the ER.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Who wants to guess which animal has had more of an impact upon humanity, the Donkey or the Elephant?

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

They use children for their examples because anyone older has a chance of poking holes in their argument.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

For another government 'company', there's always the Tennessee Valley Authority. Providing power at a profit for decades, though Reagan never liked it.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

XyloJW posted:

I can't even figure out who wins with this bill not passing. It's an FDA (not DHS) thing that is trying to prevent more salmonella and e. coli outbreaks, like we've had recently.

I would say it's Monsanto trying to prevent more regulations, but they're mentioned as the possible evil shadow backers of this bill.

Is there a salmonella lobby??

Just because they're mentioned doesn't mean that they're not the one supporting the opposition to it.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Ballz posted:

Why is this being made out to be a bad thing? :quagmire:

Because the only reason why many of them oppose Burqas is that they're associated with Arabs.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

No, of course not. He's just saying that that official should be voted out of office. Against the Wall is a surveying term after all.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Miss Fats posted:

But most of those "facts" are demonstrably false.

:psyduck:

Nah, that's just one of many times that the Muslims did something bad to this country.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Southern Florida votes are lost.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Deuce posted:

Ahh yes, mailing out a check every month to every single household filing taxes. So simple, the flat tax...

Don't you see how that reduces the work our country needs to do? I'm sure that the fraud prevention step would be something as amazingly simple as "Only the person that this check is made out to can cash it!" being printed on it.

See! Simple!

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Counterpoint:

Fox and Friends is not exactly a bastion of honesty and truth. And there's even a nice bit of plausible deniabilty in that statement too.

But if you're going to disparage Planned Parenthood, leaving that implication stand is effective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

I'm not sure if you're being naive or white-knighting them.

The flow of the 'conversation' was clearly intended to make the association that Planned Parenthood is completely replaceable by Walgreens. The free-standing confirmation of the 'like Walgreens' comment of the end of it is to emphasize that false equivalency.

These shows are not adlib, there is some guidance and control to them to begin with.