Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

InsanityIsCrazy posted:

The subject of this email is: "Feel Safe Yet?"

Haha "Janet Nappy"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

RagnarokAngel posted:

HOW DARE THEY!

I freaking love that one. I about died laughing.

Yes, they quietly lead their life because if they were open about it they'd be completely ostracized from friends and family. Or have anonymous gay sex that everyone and their mothers knows about but hey, they're totally not gay!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Yeah Revelations is basically "Take it however you want". I got an email that claimed the Book of Revelations says the "Anti-Christ will be a Muslim in his 40s".

In fact, lemme just post it.

quote:

WE STRONGLY URGE each one of you to repost this as many times as you can!

Each opportunity that you have to send it to a friend or media outlet...do it!

A lot of Americans have become so insulated from reality that they imagine that America can suffer defeat without any inconvenience to themselves.

Pause a moment, reflect back.

These events are actual events from history.

They really happened!!!

Do you remember?

1. 1968 Bobby Kennedy was shot and killed by Muslim male extremist between the ages of 17 and 40.

2. In 1972 at the Munich Olympics, athletes were kidnapped and massacred by Muslim male extremists between the ages of 17 and 40.

3. In 1979, the US embassy in Iran was taken over by Muslim male extremists between the ages of 17 and 40.

4. During the 1980's a number of Americans were kidnapped in Lebanon by Muslim male extremists between the ages of 17 and 40.

5. In 1983, the US Marine barracks in Beirut was blown up by Muslim male extremists between the ages of 17 and 40.

6. In 1985 the cruise ship Achille Lauro was hijacked and a 70 year old American passenger was murdered and thrown overboard in his wheelchair by Muslim male extremists between the ages of 17 and 40.

7. In 1985 TWA flight 847 was hijacked at Athens , and a US Navy diver trying to rescue passengers was murdered by Muslim male extremists between the ages of 17 and 40.

8. In 1988 , Pan Am Flight 103 was bombed by Muslim male extremists between the ages of 17 and 40.

9. In 1993 the World Trade Center was bombed the first time by Muslim male extremists between the ages of 17 and 40.

10 In 1998, the US embassies in Kenya an d Tanzania were bombed by Muslim male extremists between the ages of 17 and 40.

11. On 9/11/01, four airliners were hijacked; two were used as missiles to take down the World Trade Centers and of the remaining two, one crashed into the US Pentagon and the other was diverted and crashed by the passengers. Thousands of people were killed by Muslim male
extremists between the of 17 and 40.

12. In 2002 the United States fought a war in Afghanistan against Muslim male extremists between the ages of 17 and 40.

13. In 2002 reporter Daniel Pearl was kidnapped and murdered by-- you guessed it-- Muslim male extremists between the ages of 17 and 40.

No, I real ly don't see a pattern here to justify profiling, do you? So, to ensure we Americans never offend anyone, particularly fanatics intent on killing us, airport security screeners will no longer be allowed to profile certain people... Absolutely No Profiling! They must conduct random searches of 80-year-old women, little kids, airline pilots with proper identification, secret agents who are members of the President's security detail, 85-year old Congressmen with metal
hips, and Medal of Honor winner and former Governor Joe Foss, but leave Muslim Males between the ages 17 and 40 alone lest they be guilty of profiling.

According to The Book of Revelations:

The Anti-Christ will be a man, in his 40s, of MUSLIM descent, who will deceive the nations with persuasive language, and have a MASSIVE Christ-like appeal....the prophecy says that people will flock to him and he will promise false hope and world peace, and when he is in power, he will destroy everything.

And Now:
For the award winning Act of Stuidity Of all times the People of America want to elect, to the most Powerful position on the face of the Planet -- The Presidency of the United states of America

A Muslim Male Extremist Between the ages of 17 and 40.

Have the American People completely lost their Minds, or just their Power of Reason ???

I'm sorry but I refuse to take a chance on the 'unknown' candidate Obama...

Let's send this to as many people as we can so that the Gloria Aldreds and other stupid attorneys along with Federal Justices that want to thwart common sense, feel ashamed of themselves -- if they have any such sense.

As the writer of the award winning story 'Forrest Gump' so aptly put it,

'Stupid Is As Stupid Does'

FYI The Bible doesn't mention Muslims even once... probably because it was written 600 years before Islam even came around.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

dorquemada posted:

FYI The Bible doesn't mention Muslims even once... probably because it was written 600 years before Islam even came around.
This email is a beautiful, shiny diamond. It gets the first two of its list exactly wrong. Sirhan Sirhan was a Christian, as was Issa. Hell, Issa is Jesus in Arabic.

EDIT: The Achille Lauro hijackers were extremists that happened to be Muslim, not Muslim extremists. I'm not sure on this point, though--they might have been Christians. The PLF (to which they belonged) included Christians and all flavors of Muslims, from Alawi to Sunni, and was at one point led by a Christian.

Haha I didn't know about the Issa one.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Grifter posted:

Using this logic the TSA should be hassling every offwhite guy rolling through the airports, but Osama Bin Laden shouldn't be looked at twice. Also, is there a writeup somewhere of the interpretation of Revelation that points towards a 40 year old Muslim? I'd love to read that.

Nah but they're assuming that people won't read Revelations, which they won't.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

quote:

Even though Fedzilla has bankrupted –– bankrupted –– Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid, the O Administration wants to place your health care under the care of Fedzilla. Only a fool would endorse the very system that has ruined every thing it has placed its greedy, power-hungry, unaccountable bureaucratic fingers on.

Right, because putting social security in the free market (i.e. stock market) would have worked wonders.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

I think they're trying to say that Curtis and Leroy bought the mule for a cheap price, sold a bunch of tickets for the mule at a cheap price and made a profit.

I'm pretty sure the ending is the exact opposite of what it's supposed to be. Instead of HUR HUR GOVERNMENT it comes across as "We bought stocks cheap, sold it to a bunch of people cheap and made more than what we sold it for".

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

quote:

He is an expert on the subject of whether or not the United States was founded as a Christian Nation.

What a coincidence! So am I!

It wasn't. PhD please!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Gripen5 posted:

* Threatening the President of the United States (A very serious crime. I didn't want to do a Google search so that I would end up on some list, but its probably a felony)

It's a felony with a maximum punishment of up to five years in jail.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

burritonegro posted:

I responded with that pic of Obama skateboarding out of the helicopter crash saying it was a coordinated attack by ACORN and WU on a church.

Hahaha can you post this picture? I don't think I've ever seen it.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

burritonegro posted:

^^^^thanks

That's just simply awesome.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Ah the 1950s - completely idyllic "Leave It to Beaver" land where nothing bad ever happened!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

CT2049 posted:

My dad's huge on Lou Dobbs and brings up all these points. I told him if it's all true why doesn't he just renounce his citizenship and stay here illegally, since it seems like illegals get it way better than citizens.

Then he told me to stop being such a jackass.

Hahaha that's actually a pretty good comeback.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

I didn't know that the Inauguration moved back to the White House! :aaaaa:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

It should be a legend because any professor would be fired for pulling that poo poo.

Edit: Wow my mind transposed "legend" and "lesson" :psyduck:

Seth Pecksniff fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Dec 18, 2009

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

The thing is that Happy Holidays encompasses both of the New Years Holidays, Christmas and Hannukah. It's a hell of a lot easier to say "Happy Holidays" than it is to say "Merry Christmas (or Hannukah if you're Jewish) and have a good New Years!" but a lot of people don't seem to understand that.

I say Merry Christmas and I don't really care what people say to me personally. If they're Jewish I just say "whoops sorry" and make a mental note for the next time I see them.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Zwabu posted:

You assume that the people who make a fuss about this actually care about respecting a non-Christian person's holiday or cultural customs and aren't simply all about rubbing their awesome Christianity in everyone's face.

This is a faulty assumption.

True. Maybe I just want an ideal world sometimes :sigh:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

You'd think the CDC would control the populace with a more horrific and harder to treat disease, like AIDS, cancer, etc.

But no. They chose DIABETES!!!!!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Pungent Mammy posted:

He asks the ayes to stand and the nays to speak or something, and then some guy asks for a count of each and Murtha ignores him and says the ayes have it.

I don't know enough about Congressional procedure to know if this is really An Insult To Our Democracy, but with the dramatic title and it being from Eric Cantor's channel I'm inclined to be suspicious.

The Chair of the House makes the final interpretive decisions as to what constitutes a majority or minority vote. If you watch CSPAN, you're going to see something like this happen frequently, and usually the chair won't even bother counting. They'll say "In the opinion of the chair the ayes/nays have it" and then someone on the opposing side will ask for a recorded yeas/nays. Normally the chair grants this. However, in contentious votes or votes where the leadership really doesn't want to deal with the subject at hand, the Chair will pull a stunt like in that video. It's happened many times in our country and surprise! We still exist.

It's funny to call that video "An Insult to Our Democracy" when the Constitution of the United States gives the legislatures the power to set their own rules. These are rules that are agreed upon when each Congress enters session, and Murtha was simply interpreting parliamentary procedure and the rules of the House to benefit his side. It's not an insult; it's what's been done for 200 years.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Pungent Mammy posted:

Thanks a lot for clearing this up. I admit it ostensibly is anti-democratic, but that's the way they've operated since inception.

In some ways it probably is but you have to remember that if the Chair didn't have final say over it you'd have the Senate's problem x435 because opposing legislators could just quasi-filibuster everything, and in the House that would present an incredible problem and make the Senate look downright normal in comparison. The House was created specifically to cater to the will of the people - that's the reason that they're up for election every two years, and that's part of the reason that majority rules.

Also if you watch CSPAN you'll see someone pass slips to the presiding chair before they make a ruling or call a vote (both the House and the Senate) - that's usually the parliamentarian (or a designee), who studies, lives and breathes the rules of each chamber and gives the chair the section of the rulebook that specifically pertains to the issue at hand.

As a side note, Joe Biden + 50 Democrats could actually eliminate the filibuster, but they won't because they all know the enormous implications of such a move would reverberate until the country ends.

Seth Pecksniff fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Feb 16, 2010

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

jackpot posted:

God bless mothers in law and their warnings, because facebook (and your browser history) is being invaded by no less than the motherfucking Taliban:

Mullah Omar is bored. Someone call me and let's go out!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

I love how Obama can be the mastermind of an international cabal that forges documents and pays off thousands of people to keep silent, but even with those omnipotent powers he can't fix the economy using green poo poo in a day therefore he's going to allow the Muslims to take over due to low birthrates. Or something.

Makes you wonder...........

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

I got this one from my mom. Whoever originally wrote it used Comic Sans for added tastelessness.

It's true! We had absolutely no national debt in 1836!

Also I like the "mom stayed home to take care of the kids" because, you know, females aren't equipped like them menfolk. They get all confused by these fancy "voting machines" and "political positions"!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

I think the T-Shirt craze started ~2004 because I'm hard pressed to think of examples of Clinton, Dole and older candidates selling shirts with VOTE CLINTON/DOLE/JAMES K. POLK.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Actually the Founders did debate setting term limits on the Congress and Executive branches. They eventually reasoned, though, that if voters liked their Congressman why should they not have the option to return them to Congress?

At least I think that was the reason...

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Anosmoman posted:

As an outside observer I'm morbidly fascinated by the Tea Party movement but how big is it really? They take up a lot of attention in this forum and I realize they are very vocal and entertaining but when all is said and done it's surely still just a tiny minority?

If you're vocal in American Media you get coverage. That's really the way it works. They represent <1% of America but get the most coverage due to the fact they are loud and stupid.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

I'm amazed by the fact of him saying "Golly it's swell having a black president" and then immediately turning around and saying "but I wish it was one of the GOOD ones".

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Holy poo poo Google produced my results in .054 seconds and there's no results for "Barack Obama is not a Venusian slime monster from the outer reaches of Jupiter"!!!!!!!!!!!! This means he really is an alien! It came back... TOO quickly to be anything else!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

freebooter posted:

I would love to see Congress pass a law saying that people who don't want to pay taxes don't have to, but then they're not permitted to use any public services whatsoever.

"Keep government out of my healthcare but don't you dare touch my medicare!"

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

quote:

All through your campaign and even now, you have surrounded yourself with individuals who are basically unqualified for the positions for which you appointed them.

"You're doing a heckuvajob, Brownie!"

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

pillsburysoldier posted:

People waving flags other
Than 'Old Glory' are
Squawking and screaming
In the streets, demanding
More rights and free liberties.

HOW DARE THEY DEMAND LEGAL, SAFE IMMIGRATION POLICIES! Especially when many of the people protesting are here legally anyway!

But you know what they say: brown skin = brown shirts!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

yatagan posted:

EVERYTHING IS NAZI GERMANY! EVERYTHING. THERE IS LITERALLY NOTHING THAT ISN'T LIKE NAZI GERMANY.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

yatagan posted:

They kind of have a point that it's a little hosed up. I'm not sure what Qaddafi did to them personally though.

I guess maybe he did them personally and there's a problem with that, but not US sanctioned killings I guess.

I don't deny they have a point but if I were Jewish I'd be deeply offended that everything is compared to Nazi Germany/the Holocaust right now because that trivializes the horror that the Jewish people went through.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

I would think that the media would WANT to report on a story of 40 Marines charging in and saving kids since that's the feel-good story every newscast needs to round out their day after 20 minutes of death/theft/rape/murder. If that really happened I honestly think it would have been reported.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Mordiceius posted:

I swear that my stepdad signs me up to this gun rights mailing lists as a giant troll effort:

There were about 20 "give us money" links I removed.

Actually I read a piece that says the opinion's a good thing for Democratic candidates because it takes the gun rights issue off the table as a wedge issue for Republicans.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

ManoliIsFat posted:

They've only got a dozen other ones.

Guns are one of the Holy Trinity though.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

RagnarokAngel posted:

This one's a doozy

I can't decide what I like best.
1.Giving the full name of all the presidents to make it not seem like they were being racist for specifying Obama's full name.
2.The carefully chosen photographs that show the red white and blue for everyone else.
3.Yellow with "islamic" symbols.
4.According to snopes Bush Sr. didn't have a red white and blue color scheme in his oval office either: http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/photos/ovaloffice.asp
5.Once again if Obama is supposed to be a muslim spy wouldn't he be doing a hell of a lot more to cover up this fact?

What's different is that A) only one of those was actually taken in the east room and B) only one of those isn't a close up shot.

Hmm....

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

shotgunbadger posted:

Put the loving gun down if you don't want to be labeled crazy, dude.

He looks really sad that no one's around to shoot at.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

RagnarokAngel posted:

I wanna set fire to every one of those loving crosses.

Frankenmuth is extremely conservative, so it's no surprise. However, don't let that stop you from going there. It's got the only year round Christmas store, tons of great food, and a great shopping district. Every time I'm in Michigan I love going there.

However, if you're not of Bavarian descent/weren't part of the founding families of the city, you're not welcome to live there. Just saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

RagnarokAngel posted:

The real crime is that loving pun.

It's still better than Baquack Obamailure :colbert: