Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

Naet posted:

FW:FW:FW:FW: SCARY!!!

This e-mail has pretty much everything: ACORN, Americorps, death panels, rationing, illegal aliens, and government controlled motorized wheel chairs.

Throw in some gun control and Obama's Islamic upbringing in Kenya and we could rule the world of forwards.

What the loving christ. I thought this was a fake one that you wrote up.

I just received this email as a forward.

Didn't you make this up? I thought you made this up! OH GOD ITS STARTING ALREADY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club
I had some time off yesterday and took apart that "here's whats in HR3200 email."

Edit: On second thought, I posted it in the Obamacare thread. Go here

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3178343&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=41#post365107556

Edit2: Does anybody know if the second half of this email actually exists?

Deuce fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Aug 29, 2009

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club
Don't add to the problem! Anything crazy you make up, there's some dumb fucker out there who will believe it. Someone will honestly believe that commies are genetically incapable of religion and therefore don't have souls or something. If they don't have a soul, they aren't really people right?

Hey, isn't Obama a communist?

Don't stir the pot. It's already full of crazy.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

Vilerat posted:

fuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkk

Pretty sure the ACLU would argue in favor of the rights of women.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club
Slippery slope argument. If you create a national medical database it's only a matter of time before it gets sold off to advertisers or whatever!

I dunno.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

quote:

From Audacity of Hope: 'I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.'

Oh dear god if we start hanging Muslims from tree's Obama is going to oppose us!!!!1

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

crime fighting hog posted:

The following was sent to Arizona news editors and a copy was forwarded to us.

Oh hey this looks pretty loving familiar

August 29 when I wrote that, I'm sure the original email was going around long before then.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

RagnarokAngel posted:

Shorty but a good one:

:psyduck:

Nothing about that is even close to... but... I...

:eng99:

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

wormil posted:

Another one that made the news.

The irony here is that the push to move stock prices is as much to blame for pushing jobs overseas as anything.

"gently caress you, gonna take yours."

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club
I'm fairly certain no state pays out $1500 per person in welfare per month.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

tek79 posted:

$1500 a month total is probably the only realistic scenario, I would think. But for the sake of creating an obnoxious email to promote my lovely political worldview, nothing wrong with skewing the numbers a bit eh?

Nothing wrong? It's expected.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club
I'm not sure where the writer of that email even got his "numbers" from. (other than his rear end I mean)

Mankind outproduces volcanoes by a large margin.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club
Bank account numbers - Not Released
E-mail password - Not released
Penis size - Not released

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

OatBoy posted:

I couldn't stop laughing the whole time, it just seemed so ridiculous, and the music was so godawful. When the woman sings "I'm independent" it just sounds so loving stupid.

There's a lot of this sort of thing these days. Random patriotic sounding nonsense that doesn't mean anything. "SEE OBAMA THIS IS WHAT YOU DON'T GET!"

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

The Ugly Duchess posted:

Oh no, his daughter was in close proximity to a bunch of filthy illegals! Their hideous visages and vulgar jabberings must haunt her nightmares even now.

Also, the throwaway line about the gated community kind of undermines the "regular American" image he's trying to cultivate, doesn't it?

No you see he grabs his gun every time he thinks there might be brown people around. He hasn't got to shoot one yet, but he's sure the day will come soon!

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

Hardcore Phonography posted:

hey :mad:

The punchline is usually "my favorite president is Obama." Conservative "humor."

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

Arglebargle III posted:

I like how the entire thing is predicated on the unspoken assumption that being a communist is an unnacceptable position in American politics. Nobody would warn the president that there were libertarians skulking about.

Or that anybody considered communism to be some giant threat to the world before WWII.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

fishmech posted:

You are aware of the First Red Scare of 1917-1920 right?

I was under the impression that that was more of a fear of anarchists than outright communists but my knowledge of that time is sketchy I'll admit.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

xarph posted:

That's not what it says at all... :confused:

Yes, the bill also doesn't say "free health care for illegal immigrants" but there's emails going around about that one.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

RagnarokAngel posted:

Obvious but
A.Illegal aliens arent up to vote to access social security
B.Haha internet petition

Stay crazy GOP.

I mean, protesting a gross misunderstanding or misrepresentation of a real event is one thing, but protesting something that never actually happened just makes my mind spin in circles. :psyduck:

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club
So, liberals invented Democracy? That means we also invented freedom. :smug:

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

Nenonen posted:

Obviously the majority of people in the world only eat American wheat. Not, for instance, rice.

Even in wheat production USA ranks third after China and India. Maize is one where US production overwhelms rest of the world, but I think United States needs oil more than Arabs need corn flakes or tortillas...

Yeah... what do we produce, like 20% of our consumption? The increase in price of gasoline would be so drastic half our country couldn't afford food anymore. Hope you like paying $20 for a loaf of bread!

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

Gourd of Taste posted:

Really. They really said Obama has Asperger's. On purpose.

American Thinker is filled with this sort of thing.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

RagnarokAngel posted:

I love how conservatives don't get theres a huge difference between "don't kick out illegal immigrants" and "it's racist to make every vaguely tannish person show ID"

This is a core component of a conservative mind, I think. You see it everywhere.

Say something sympathetic to Palestinians? You're "defending terrorism." Because some Palestinians are terrorists, I guess, that means saying anything the least bit nice about them means that you love everything that every one of them does!

Think that America should realize it's just one country in a large world and that yes, we actually should consider the opinions of other nations sometimes? Why do you want America to SURRENDER ITS SOVEREIGNTY?

My personal favorite: How can you favor reducing our CO2 emissions and usage of fossil fuels while being pro-choice? :psyduck:

They don't seem to understand anything except pure black and white.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

Intel&Sebastian posted:

We aren't arrogant, it's just that our founders had exclusive access to the one true G-d and now you have to do what we say.

And in a similar note, the rest of the world is just jealous of our wealth. They can't be like us so they want to bring us down to their level. :smug:

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

UltraPenguinX posted:

WHY ARE WE CURSED WITH SUCH GREATNESS?! *stuffs big mac into maw*

It's our guns. They bring freedom. Someone showed me a "scientific" study that correlated guns to freedom. You see, Somalia and Iraq and North Korea would be just fine if only they had more guns.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club
Wow. Giving money to the worst off group of people on the planet makes these douchebags SO ANGRY.

Rich white men giving money for problems in AFRICA? There aren't white people over there!!

Deuce fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jun 20, 2010

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

pillsburysoldier posted:

Maybe not a chain letter, but this is neat:

[url]http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:_DRtUEZiIK8J:https://www.thefoxnation.com/gulf-c...lient=firefox-a[/url]

Now look up the news story on the actual fox site.

...it doesn't appear to be on the actual site? :confused:

edit: found it under a totally different title.

Deuce fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jun 20, 2010

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club
The Bush admin's income tax cuts expire also.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

Ruckby posted:

I'm trying to convince someone that income tax rates actually didn't "skyrocket withing six months of Obama's taking office". Is there a government site or something that lists marginal tax rates/brackets for the last ten years or so?

Tell them to look at their tax returns.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

Brennanite posted:

Your friend's awfully nutty and he certainly believes "most if not all" people act as if they make decisions by following basic formulas. I'm surprised the wild impracticality of the scenario didn't even register with him. For example, just how are people going to go off to work as doctors and scientists and whatnot AND practice subsistence farming? Working 80 hr weeks doesn't leave a lot of time for...whatever you do in Utopista. Who's doing the cooking and cleaning? Who's going to make the clothes? Does he know how long and hard it is to do laundry by hand? There's a reason society has moved towards industrialization and specialization of labor.

Also, who lets 7 yr olds govern?!!

Yeah, who is going to be "motivated intrinsically" to siphon poo poo out of tanks into a truck for processing?

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

ApathyGifted posted:

Strangely, a properly constructed teepee would hold up well in both. A large stable base and a low CG means the earth shaking doesn't really do anything to it, and as it so happens cones produce downforce no matter what direction the wind comes from, so a hurricane would just anchor it into the ground better.

Of course, the operative phrase here is "properly constructed"

Teepees are not solid objects and are not going to behave in the manner you seem to think.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

Skyl3lazer posted:

Do crazy IM's count?

That's not even really crazy... just... dumb.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club
Clearly the solution is to go back to the gold standard!

:downs:

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

RagnarokAngel posted:

The real crime is that loving pun.

Also, I'm pretty sure they're being racist somehow.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

Highspeeddub posted:

Michigan girl murders people.

Oldie but a goodie.

"Welcome to the Republican party!"

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

Corbet posted:

The discussion group for this Facebook application is full of Republican bigots:

http://apps.facebook.com/obamacountdown/index.php

Look at the gems I found:

In regard to Obama apologizing to Guatemala:

Hatred for "Welfare Queens":

And my personal favorite, from a thread titled, "Republicans block bill to lift military gay ban":

---
I really wish people like this didn't have a soapbox to stand on. Yay Internet.

:suicide:

There are people who simply cannot be helped. If this were the other way around, where some Guatemalans had done this to Americans, these people would be calling it an act of war and demanding we bomb them to the stone age.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

Armyman25 posted:

Wait, wait, are we (white people) being out bred by Muslims or Mexicans? I can't keep up.

Don't worry, the Asians are still on our side!

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

MrNemo posted:

It's from Glenn Beck's call for all federal employees to be paid no more than the average US citizen (because all federal employees are useless government teat suckers and not hard working millionaires like him). Which as someone pointed out was also one of the big ideas to come out of the Paris commune so heavily praised by Marx and Lenin.

So if you guys want to have fun you can respond to those guys that if Lenin thought it was a good idea they must be on to something.

Yes. Air traffic controllers at O'Hare should definitely make ~40k/year. That will definitely attract people qualified enough to handle the lives of hundreds of thousands of people per day!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club
1 friend likes this.

:sigh: