Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Sgt. McKill posted:

I got this e-mail from my dad the other day, I think it's a popular one.

I think it'd be fun to see a study that actually did something like this in a middle school or something. Because even in the dumb hypothetical I bet it wouldn't work such that the whole class agrees to fail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

amateur economist posted:

SA should try writing it's own chain email that's just plausible enough to seem realistic, and then see how long it takes to hit our inboxes or be the subject of commentary on Glenn Beck

Obama plans to pass environmental regulations on cars so strict that the type of fuel nascars use will be outlawed. pass it on.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
I like that it portrays a switch from fractions to percentages as a decrease in education or something.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

ReverendFaux posted:

My mother sends me something similar to these lines everyday. It's funny how they sound so familiar to the ones I got about how Dubya was better than EVILCLINTON666.

Aarg.

ask if if george bush jumped off a bridge if she would.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Carl E. Sagan posted:

I got a variation of that one...

I like how the last example laments his inability to shoot his lower class neighbor for stealing his wood.

The best part is that apparently when it switches to Spanish it also reverts to the apparently better teaching model of the 1960s.