Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
My 3 years old could post in this thread and do better :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetzar
Apr 22, 2001
Fallen Rib
poo poo pictures for the poo poo thread.

Angelique by Jason, on Flickr

Untitled by Jason, on Flickr

thetzar fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Aug 13, 2015

Ark
Aug 20, 2000

thetzar posted:

poo poo pictures for the poo poo thread.

Angelique by Jason, on Flickr

I'm digging this, looks like you pulled some bullshit selective colouring horsecrap, but didn't.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Ark posted:

I'm digging this, looks like you pulled some bullshit selective colouring horsecrap, but didn't.

Exactly

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Musket posted:

My 3 years old could post in this thread and do better :toot:

Challenge accepted. Please post photos taken by your three year old.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Awkward Davies posted:

Challenge accepted. Please post photos taken by your three year old.

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS
back to posting poo poo photos

Untitled by Paul Frederiksen, on Flickr

thetzar
Apr 22, 2001
Fallen Rib

Pukestain Pal posted:

Okay.

Soopafly
Mar 27, 2009

I have a peanut allergy.

Pukestain Pal posted:

Okay.

mes
Apr 28, 2006

Pukestain Pal posted:

Okay.

Apartments by Jemuel Balangcod, on Flickr

huhu
Feb 24, 2006
In the city 01 by Esa_Foto, on Flickr

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Contributing poo poo:

San Gennaro, Williamsburg Brooklyn

Awkward Davies fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jan 20, 2018

dunos
Feb 6, 2007

I refuse to be part of your furry fantasies

Corn Street, Bristol, 22nd August 2015 by dunos, on Flickr

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

Untitled by Paul Frederiksen, on Flickr

erephus
May 24, 2012
\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/
\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/

Untitled by Anders Öquist, on Flickr

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Nice! This is like the picture I just posted but much, much better.

Jimlad
Jan 8, 2005

Jimlad fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Aug 25, 2015

thetzar
Apr 22, 2001
Fallen Rib

Mr Yuck
Jun 5, 2005

She was your regular kinda dame.. Then she put me into a deep beta freeze..
Since there's no photojournalism thread, I'm throwing some stuff in here.

Oh, hey, Joe. I really need to upgrade from my D3100 so anything over ISO 800 doesn't look like hell...

Biden4 by Mryuck88, on Flickr

Biden2 by Mryuck88, on Flickr

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.

there was a fire or something

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011
Rubbish Street Portraiture

Street Portrait by Mitzalo Reyes, on Flickr

Street Portrait-2 by Mitzalo Reyes, on Flickr

Rubbish not street portraiture

Untitled by Mitzalo Reyes, on Flickr

Medieval Medic fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Aug 31, 2015

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Crossposting with concert thread

Untitled by David Shen, on Flickr

dunos
Feb 6, 2007

Corn Street, Bristol, 29th August 2015 by dunos, on Flickr

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Here's a street

That guy in the blue t-shirt looks like one of my uncles 20 years ago.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

confirmed street, you shot the back of the honeybuckets.

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

why isn't this on flickr so i can fave it

Mightaswell
Dec 4, 2003

Not now chief, I'm in the fuckin' zone.
I know I haven't checked this thread in a long time, but I'm just chiming in to say I hope you were probated for posting this.

dunos
Feb 6, 2007

Corn Street, Bristol, 6th September 2015 by dunos, on Flickr

Broadmead, Bristol, 5th September 2015 by dunos, on Flickr

Corn Street, Bristol, 29th August 2015 by dunos, on Flickr

dunos fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Sep 6, 2015

Gom Jabbar
Oct 3, 2005
The high-handed enemy

Looks like he is going to eat your soul.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Young Orc

MrBlandAverage posted:

why isn't this on flickr so i can fave it

I was being super lazy and just dropped it on imgur from the sd card.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Just need to vent by saying this....

How in the gently caress do you elect to participate in a parade and then look like you are being forced to chug five gallons of castor oil, whilst you walk in said parade?

Doesn't this defeat the entire loving point of having a gods damned parade in the first loving place? Hating being in a gods damned loving celebration?

CHRIST!

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

VendaGoat posted:

How in the gently caress do you elect to participate in a parade and then look like you are being forced to chug five gallons of castor oil, whilst you walk in said parade?

Doesn't this defeat the entire loving point of having a gods damned parade in the first loving place? Hating being in a gods damned loving celebration?

CHRIST!

the gently caress?

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

VendaGoat posted:

CHRIST!

... ... yeah!

thetzar
Apr 22, 2001
Fallen Rib
Above the street photography.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

VendaGoat posted:

CHRIST!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDWgsQhbaqU

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.

VendaGoat posted:

CHRIST!

did a parade-r like glue your eyes to him or something

Ark
Aug 20, 2000

gently caress you this is wonderful.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

thetzar posted:

Above the street photography.

First off, I love this. Great shot.

:v: :)

Geektox posted:

did a parade-r like glue your eyes to him or something

Now that I am composed, let me try and explain.

Over the course of two years I have photoed some number of parades and depending on what they are for, there is a different mood to them. The one thing they all have in common is celebration. For example, Pride parades feel like a wonderful party, where the participants and spectators get a chance to just "let it all hang out". St. Patrick's Day Parades are all about the participants and the crowd is normally just watching and cheering, with a few random drunks thrown in for flavor.

When I posted that lunatic rant, I had just finished editing and posting my labor day parade pictures. Never in all my years of photographing events have I seen such utter misery in the eyes of the participants. Yes, there were quite a number of happy, bubbly participants and I got one great shot of Joe Biden. On the whole though, most of the attendees have a scowl on their faces. Just flat out hating everything about everything going on. And the crowd, what there was of it, knew it. After Biden did his lap through, people just got up and left. Near the last, let's say ten, entrants in the parade, the sidewalks were almost empty.

In the moment, you don't get a chance to set up a shot or notice the looks on people's faces. It's just a quick bracketing of your shot, snap, GTFO of the way, so as not to get run over or snarl up the parade. Last night I got to go through however many pictures and stare at these faces of utter contempt for life, for hours. I finally got to the point that I just stopped editing them if I couldn't even find ONE person whom looked like they wanted to be there. It cut down the work load quite a bit thankfully, but the damage was done and I needed an outlet.

Well, where else do you go when you need to have a meltdown and just sling bile around?

Thanks for reading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

VendaGoat posted:

First off, I love this. Great shot.

:v: :)

Now that I am composed, let me try and explain.

Over the course of two years I have photoed some number of parades and depending on what they are for, there is a different mood to them. The one thing they all have in common is celebration. For example, Pride parades feel like a wonderful party, where the participants and spectators get a chance to just "let it all hang out". St. Patrick's Day Parades are all about the participants and the crowd is normally just watching and cheering, with a few random drunks thrown in for flavor.

When I posted that lunatic rant, I had just finished editing and posting my labor day parade pictures. Never in all my years of photographing events have I seen such utter misery in the eyes of the participants. Yes, there were quite a number of happy, bubbly participants and I got one great shot of Joe Biden. On the whole though, most of the attendees have a scowl on their faces. Just flat out hating everything about everything going on. And the crowd, what there was of it, knew it. After Biden did his lap through, people just got up and left. Near the last, let's say ten, entrants in the parade, the sidewalks were almost empty.

In the moment, you don't get a chance to set up a shot or notice the looks on people's faces. It's just a quick bracketing of your shot, snap, GTFO of the way, so as not to get run over or snarl up the parade. Last night I got to go through however many pictures and stare at these faces of utter contempt for life, for hours. I finally got to the point that I just stopped editing them if I couldn't even find ONE person whom looked like they wanted to be there. It cut down the work load quite a bit thankfully, but the damage was done and I needed an outlet.

Well, where else do you go when you need to have a meltdown and just sling bile around?

Thanks for reading.

If you are doing photojournalism you should be capturing the mood. So use those. Not every photo has to be happy.

Relax.