Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kujaroth
Jul 26, 2006
After grabbing a 50/1.8 on the weekend I stepped out of my comfort zone (landscapes) and did some street shooting. Interested in any C&C on these:

Introductions by Aztatlan, on Flickr

Boombox by Aztatlan, on Flickr

Success by Aztatlan, on Flickr

Ice Cream by Aztatlan, on Flickr

Portraits by Aztatlan, on Flickr

Glassmaker by Aztatlan, on Flickr

Ended up being quite an enjoyable day of shooting so I'd say street will be something I do a bit more of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kujaroth
Jul 26, 2006

maxmars posted:

Have been following the advices in this thread regarding how to be discreet and shoot street stuff, I like the concept. It's a great challenge though.

Here I had to resort to B&W as the sunset colors weren't too flattering. Is it any good? I do like it, but I'm still trying to figure out the basics.

I quite like it, but I'd Photoshop out the branch on the top left corner of the image personally.

Kujaroth
Jul 26, 2006

Schofferhofer posted:

Dude most are pretty good but don't shoot street performers. Boring as.

I've heard that before, about street performers. Half the reason I spent so long shooting that guy was testing out the 50/1.8 - AF speed/accuracy mostly. Point taken though, thanks :)

maxmars posted:

Makes sense.. Thanks. I noticed it but I'm not very keen on physical editing. Will have to learn to do it effectively.

For that particular image, the clone stamp tool should make quick work of the branch. There may be a better way though, I don't tend to do much PS work either - 99% of my PP is done in Lightroom.

Kujaroth
Jul 26, 2006

Bioshuffle posted:

I know shooting street musicians and street performers is looked down upon here, but I think it's more important to shoot what you find interesting. When you start restricting yourself because you're worried about cliches or critics, you're doing more harm than good. I think it's an interesting image. Are you shooting on a crop body?

Definitely a good point. I didn't mind spending some time shooting that performer, but in general I do find it less 'satisfying' because he is putting on a show - whereas shooting 'normal' street life can capture the spontaneity of it all. With that said, if I ever saw an interesting street act, I'd stop and take some shots for the hell of it. Thanks for the feedback :)

And yes, crop body. Canon 60D. I've got the upgrade itch though so it may turn into a 5DII or III later in the year when it's bonus time at work :P Most of what I shoot is landscapes so I'd love to get a FF, weather sealed/resistant body regardless.

Kujaroth
Jul 26, 2006

Missed the focus on this one a bit :( Though you can't really notice unless viewing large.

Transactions by Aztatlan, on Flickr