Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Show's over, time to stop crying about it. Here's some funny stuff that's to help animators keep things on model.

(thanks to Kalli)

Edit: Replaced broken images with imgur gallery found here:
http://imgur.com/a/PiJLk

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Oct 27, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Wait, they cancelled the DVD line? Faggots!! What season did they stop on? (loving 6 jesus christ)

This is a shameful end to a loving classic show and one of my alltime favorites. FOx will gently caress up anything they can get their hands on and then attempt to wash their hands of.

TheRationalRedditor fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Aug 18, 2009

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yup, they haven't put out a DVD set since Season 6 three years ago. I believe they said it wasn't selling very well. Which is just sad as King of the Hill was one of the highest rated shows on Fox and actually challenged The Simpsons at one point.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
This is one of the best shows of all time and it sucksssss that we won't get to see the last 4 episodes

wtf

I keep trying to get my friends to watch the show, but since it isnt super fast paced and laugh a minute like Family Guy, no one will give it a chance. Cause god forbid there is an animated show that is slower paced, with solid characterization and subtle, awesome humor.

That being said, I would forgive fox if we got a cd of the dale gribble bluegrass experience

We need a "mostly just quoting King of the Hill"

"Bobby, I never thought I'd need to tell you this, but I would be a bad parent if I didn't. Soccer was invented by European ladies to keep them busy while their husbands did the cooking."
"Why do you have to hate what you don't understand?"
"I don't hate you, Bobby. "
" I meant soccer. "
"Oh. Oh, yeah, I hate soccer. Yes."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Some of my favorite quotes come from "The Witches of East Arlen"

"WARLOCK?"

"Bobby, you don't need a crystal ball to see Ward's future. He's going to live with his mother until she dies, and maybe for a few weeks after."

"Have you checked out John Redcorn's New Age Healing Center? You really should. On Friday nights, John Redcorn and his band, Big Mountain Fudge Cake, will be playing. I'm John Redcorn."

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

King of the Hill should've ended years ago. It's good to hear that the show is finally being laid to rest, but that really sucks about those 4 episodes. Thankfully it seems like a pretty safe bet Adult Swim will pick them up.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008

muscles like this? posted:

Some of my favorite quotes come from "The Witches of East Arlen"

I want grandchildren! Will you fix this?

I can see the argument for having KOTH end a few years ago... The last TRULY great episode I can think of is It's Not Over Till the Fat Neighbor Sings. BUT I think stuff like the Simpsons has gotten a lot staler in recent years.

i cant think of a single episode of KOTH that I genuinely don't like, or that isn't at least decent. But I can think of plenty of Simpsons episodes that are just crap. And I've been watching The Simpsons since it came on the air... and I will defend that show to the death. but KOTH is ... god its sublime.

OOH I take that back there have been tons of great episodes since "its not over...sings:" Pour Some Sugar on Kahn comes to mind

"Did you want spicy, extra spicy or one where rooster just look really mad?"

God I love this show. I should get a KOTH avatar...

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

So they're not content with just pulling the show in favor of a Family Guy spin-off, they canceled the DVDs and won't show the last four episodes. And yet they're trusted with Futurama again when Adult Swim and Comedy Central both handled it better. They won't learn.

Jetstar
May 31, 2009

by Fistgrrl
KOTH stopped being funny when the animation got all "stale". I don't know if that makes sense to all of you, but there was a point when the show looked hand-drawn. Now it's all stale, and the characters show very little emotion. Sad, because it's one of my favorite shows.

Fox will eventually be taken over by Family Guy knock-offs anyway.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Jetstar posted:

Fox will eventually be taken over by Family Guy knock-offs anyway.
If The Simpsons falls to the Seth MacFarlene empire, I'll be upset even though the show has been in decline for a decade.

Vivek
Jun 27, 2007

Y-Hat posted:

So they're not content with just pulling the show in favor of a Family Guy spin-off, they canceled the DVDs and won't show the last four episodes. And yet they're trusted with Futurama again when Adult Swim and Comedy Central both handled it better. They won't learn.

Fox is like an abusive spouse for nerds.

It's kind of sad to see King of the Hill go, but at the same time it's hard to be too upset because 14 seasons is a lot.

Jetstar
May 31, 2009

by Fistgrrl

Y-Hat posted:

If The Simpsons falls to the Seth MacFarlene empire, I'll be upset even though the show has been in decline for a decade.

I'm actually hoping that The Simpsons will be cancelled soon, because I haven't laughed at them for the last three years, and the episodes have just gotten worse over time. But then again, it would just be replaced by The <family guy character here> Show.

quote:

It's kind of sad to see King of the Hill go, but at the same time it's hard to be too upset because 14 seasons is a lot.
For one reason or another, I've missed a lot of the new(er) episodes. It's pretty sad that I won't ever be able to see anything past season 6 on DVD.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008

Jetstar posted:

KOTH stopped being funny when the animation got all "stale". I don't know if that makes sense to all of you, but there was a point when the show looked hand-drawn. Now it's all stale, and the characters show very little emotion. Sad, because it's one of my favorite shows.

On the one hand, i see what you mean. on the other hand, KOTH in HD is like watching a KOTH movie.

Oh man. I'd kill for a KOTH movie.

Is anyone else sad that adult swim stopped doing "King of the Hill is brought to you by <some local Arlen business>"

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

I never liked KOTH when it originally aired on Fox years ago. I thought it was slow, boring, and poorly animated. I usually sat on my fat rear end and watched anyway while I shoveled food in my face as I was in pre-Goon training.

But now after watching reruns on Adult Swim I realize I was a stupid kid and wasn't old/mature enough to understand the humor of the show. It's one of my favorite animated shows now.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

BlueBayou posted:

Is anyone else sad that adult swim stopped doing "King of the Hill is brought to you by <some local Arlen business>"
They've been doing it on some commercial breaks, just not all of them.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

A Jew in Manhattan posted:

I never liked KOTH when it originally aired on Fox years ago. I thought it was slow, boring, and poorly animated. I usually sat on my fat rear end and watched anyway while I shoveled food in my face as I was in pre-Goon training.

But now after watching reruns on Adult Swim I realize I was a stupid kid and wasn't old/mature enough to understand the humor of the show. It's one of my favorite animated shows now.

Same here. It's not a bad show but it's definitely not a show that really lends itself to newer viewers. If you stick with it you get some joy out of it, but it's a hard trip. Those first few seasons are killer.

That said, the only way this show should end is with Beavis and Butthead blowing up Arlen. Let the circle complete itself.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008

Y-Hat posted:

They've been doing it on some commercial breaks, just not all of them.

Yeah. I noticed last night.

Has anyone been watching the Goode Family?

Trident
Jun 18, 2004
We cook your meals, we drive your ambulances. We connect your calls, we guard you while you sleep. Do not... fuck with us.
What the gently caress? How can they cancel a show and stop making DVDs??? That is way hosed up. They should at least look into digital distribution or something that would allow them to keep selling it with little/no cost to them.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!
14 seasons is a long time to go by being canceled and not getting a fair finale/wrap-up.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

BlueBayou posted:

Has anyone been watching the Goode Family?

I was and I was enjoying it. It was more or less just KOTH in a different setting so I just kinda slipped into watching it and it felt familiar.

It's been cancelled too though, which I completely expected.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

CaptainHollywood posted:

14 seasons is a long time to go by being canceled and not getting a fair finale/wrap-up.

THe show had a perfectly fitting finale last year, they just made another season after it.

FuriousThird
Jul 24, 2006
second third same as the first
I'm not surprised that the DVDs didn't sell, I don't even have cable and I still have a 50/50 shot of this show being on when I turn on the TV. Aside from that, yeah, this show had some great moments so don't think I'm talking poo poo. Lucky was the only character introduced so late into a show that I've ever liked. He's like the opposite of Poochy.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

"The Boy Can't Help It" sounds like it will work as a finale: "Bobby becomes quite the ladies' man when several girls in his class consider him a potential date for the Homecoming dance. When he realizes the girls are just playing with his emotions and are not really that interested, he asks his pal Connie to the dance." It's one of the few threads they haven't tied up in the past few seasons.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I'm surprised the dvd sales haven't picked up since they started showing KoTH on Adult Swim.

Debbie Metallica
Jun 7, 2001

RandolphCarter posted:

I'm surprised the dvd sales haven't picked up since they started showing KoTH on Adult Swim.

I watch it every night but don't think the ratings are really all that hot. More than anything I just hear kids bitching about how unfunny it is because they can't be bothered to watch for more than 5 minutes to figure out what's really going on.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Trident posted:

What the gently caress? How can they cancel a show and stop making DVDs??? That is way hosed up. They should at least look into digital distribution or something that would allow them to keep selling it with little/no cost to them.

Take a salt tablet.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Ozma posted:

I watch it every night but don't think the ratings are really all that hot. More than anything I just hear kids bitching about how unfunny it is because they can't be bothered to watch for more than 5 minutes to figure out what's really going on.
5 minutes is giving a lot of credit to peons where none is due, half of KOTH's humor is meta as fucc

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

I'm the only one of my friends who likes this show. They hate The Simpsons and love Family Guy, so, obviously, shows like King Of The Hill don't cater to their tastes, because they can't follow the humor in a show if it isn't a cutaway gag. It's a shame that they're passing up such a great show. But in a way, I can't really blame my friends for not liking it, especially if they haven't watched it for a while, echoing what's been said earlier in this thread, it's daunting and unfunny if you don't watch it from the very first episode.

I have always enjoyed this show, I'm sad to see it go, but it's gone on long enough, and has no real reason to stay on the air anymore. If it did any longer, it would wear out its welcome, much like The Simpsons

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

King of the Hill has always been really highbrow, it's not as though the lack of accessibility was a mystery. Anyone who likes the show enough to post in this thread is still flabbergasted it's gotten as many seasons as it has (it is literally a fox miracle).

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

HATED?! A BABY!?!?!

Christmas with the Nievko's!

The man wore a sweater.

The Jimmy Carter episode is one of the best of the whole series.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
DANGOLMEGLOMARTDONEGOBOOM!!!!
Sir, I can't understand you, please slow down
DANG...OL..MEGALOMART...DONE...GO...BOOM

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Oddly thats on right now!

It's funny because they canceled the Critic in favor of KOTH because Fox owns KOTH, and not the Critic.

I still want the last episode to end with Hank telling Bobby "you turned out all right."

FlyingCheese
Jan 17, 2007
OH THANK GOD!

I never thought I'd be happy to see yet another lubed up man-ass.
I don't understand all the Simpsons hate. Yes the Simpsons had a bit of a lull a few seasons ago but ever since the movie came out, the episodes have been clever, funny and not Adventures of Homer! like before the movie came out.

I will be sad to see King of the Hill go. It's an amazing show and one of the most clever comedies on TV these days. I blame it all on Family Guy. Yes the show is funny but it aims directly for the lowest common denominator and they're blatant about it. Family Guy managed to get stale after a few seasons for me, shows like the Simpsons and KOTH have real lasting power because they know how to mix the silly humor with the clever.

Then again, Fox does seem to aim for the lowest common denominator these days. So this doesn't surprise me.

FlyingCheese fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Aug 20, 2009

ludnix
Jan 8, 2007

by exmarx
Cap snaffler. Snaffles caps off any size jug, bottle, or jar… and it really, really works.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008

smashpro1 posted:

DANGOLMEGLOMARTDONEGOBOOM!!!!
Sir, I can't understand you, please slow down
DANG...OL..MEGALOMART...DONE...GO...BOOM

For God's sake, Hank, act like an adult. And keep it down, guys, will you? I am trying to get through an article on vintage Camaros, and I've been on the same dang page for twenty minutes.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Did Adult Swim buy the rights to all of the episodes in the KotH library? It seems like I've seen all of the episodes they air several times through, and I refuse to believe it's 14 seasons' worth.

ludnix
Jan 8, 2007

by exmarx

criscodisco posted:

Did Adult Swim buy the rights to all of the episodes in the KotH library? It seems like I've seen all of the episodes they air several times through, and I refuse to believe it's 14 seasons' worth.

They seem to have them all, the earlier seasons on less often though.

Hogarth Hughes
Apr 16, 2006

"As for me, people will be pleased to escape from me in one piece."

:black101:
Dale Gribble is one of the best characters in all of animated TV shows.

What happens if my tee shot lands on a bird's back and he carries it out of bounds but then is attacked by a larger bird who grabs the ball and drops it in the hole? Is that still a hole in one? 'Cause that's how I'm gonna play it.

I'm gonna take your blood and replace it with my rabies infested blood and gain your knowledge of propane and propane accessories and take over the world!!

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

"I have more pressures than any of you! You ever try replacing a cockroach's blood with Root Beer?"
"*Sigh* You know I haven't!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheap sunglasses
Mar 22, 2002

by Ozma

FlyingCheese posted:

Then again, Fox does seem to aim for the lowest common denominator these days.

These days? That was their selling point when they debuted in the 80s- a lower class/more risque alternative to the other networks.