Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

robot roll call posted:

One of my favorite moments is in the one where Peggy finds out about John Redcorn and Nancy. Peggy sees John Redcorn coming out of the house and says "Jooooooooooooooooooohn Redcorn" in this really accusing voice and he just looks back at her and says "Peeeeeeeeeeggggggy Hill" in the exact same way. Loses everything when I type it, but the way he says it is hilarious.

I'd forgotten about that moment until I saw the ep again about a week ago and couldn't stop laughing.

John Redcorn is brilliant

God I love this show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Haha that Dale montage

Nancy: We're stealing a news van!

Dale: It's the perfect crime! How are they ever going to report it?

Jetstar
May 31, 2009

by Fistgrrl

insideoutsider posted:

Here's a great moment from season 1. The episode where Bobby smokes cigarettes. Try to get that episode put on TV today.

Saw that one a few months back.

I'm gonna miss this show :(

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

My favorite thing about John Redcorn is that NOBODY (even John Redcorn himself) ever just calls him John.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

My favorite thing about John Redcorn is that NOBODY (even John Redcorn himself) ever just calls him John.

"Have you checked out John Redcorn's New Age Healing Center? You really should. On Friday nights, John Redcorn and his band, Big Mountain Fudge Cake, will be playing. I'm John Redcorn."

I stole that from you

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

robot roll call posted:

"Have you checked out John Redcorn's New Age Healing Center? You really should. On Friday nights, John Redcorn and his band, Big Mountain Fudge Cake, will be playing. I'm John Redcorn."

I stole that from you

another great one from John Redcorn:

John Redcorn: Luanne, did you know that "mom" upsidedown is "wow"?

Luanne: I believe it!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

robot roll call posted:

another great one from John Redcorn:

John Redcorn: Luanne, did you know that "mom" upsidedown is "wow"?

Luanne: I believe it!

I liked when Hank was going to kick John Redcorn's rear end, and it just stops and shows Hanks out of shape body and John Redcorn's perfectly toned one.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

The scene from the volunteer firefighters episode (that whole drat episode, I tell you what) is phenomenal.

"My name is Dauterive-comma-Bill. I am also insane."

AshB
Sep 16, 2007
"This course is the feces that is produced when shame eats stupidity!"

That's the best line I ever heard.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008

AshB posted:

"This chorus is the feces that is produced when shame eats too much stupidity!"

That's the best line I ever heard.

You make me envy the deaf and the blind.

That's a Gribble of an idea!

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
Peggy, kids always victimize the one who's different. Believe me, I know

Your Proud Pal
Sep 4, 2006

the sports jock maybe, but chad?!

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
Son, Al Yankovic blew his brains out in the late '80s after people stopped buying his records.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Is Adult Swim only airing two or three seasons? This must be the 5th time I've seen the episode where Bill loses his football record.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

livingfruitvirus posted:

Son, Al Yankovic blew his brains out in the late '80s after people stopped buying his records.

"I don't want to die alone like Al Yankovich!!!"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I don't think they've ever aired the one episode I'm sure I've never seen. The one where the REAL Rusty Shackleford shows up.

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy

I don't think they've ever aired the one episode I'm sure I've never seen. The one where the REAL Rusty Shackleford shows up.

They have, I have seen that one.

Your Proud Pal
Sep 4, 2006

They do seem to be doing them in order though, or at least they were for the peggy-falls-out-of-a-plane arc, and have for the-hills-go-to-japan arc too

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

JethroMcB posted:

The scene from the volunteer firefighters episode (that whole drat episode, I tell you what) is phenomenal.

That's one of my favourite episodes. I love the Rashomon narrative.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

As someone who would know, it's Shackelford.

EDIT: I know IMDB says Shackleford, but on the plaque that Dale had for Dale's Dead Bug Employee of the Year, Rusty Shackelford was listed for 1997.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Rusty Shackelford posted:

As someone who would know, it's Shackelford.

EDIT: I know IMDB says Shackleford, but on the plaque that Dale had for Dale's Dead Bug Employee of the Year, Rusty Shackelford was listed for 1997.
I'm partial to Shackleford, and I'm quite certain it's spelled as such in a closeup on the employee of the year plaque in one of my favorite episodes (The Exterminator). I won't deny the fact it could reappear again later with the alternate spelling, but that absolutely precludes it from being the de facto "correct" spelling.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

hall n oates mom posted:

I'm partial to Shackleford, and I'm quite certain it's spelled as such in a closeup on the employee of the year plaque in one of my favorite episodes (The Exterminator). I won't deny the fact it could reappear again later with the alternate spelling, but that absolutely precludes it from being the de facto "correct" spelling.

Considering this show had Luann live at both Shady Pines and Shiny Pines trailer park, I guess there is no definitive spelling for Rusty's last name.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I think the obvious answer is that Dale uses both variations of the spelling to establish two completely distinct identities for "Rusty".

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

JethroMcB posted:

I think the obvious answer is that Dale uses both variations of the spelling to establish two completely distinct identities for "Rusty".

Nah. Dale has a copy of Rusty's birth certificate so he knows how it is spelled.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
I'm not sure if there's a God, or a heaven, but one thing I can tell you, your daddy's going to Hell.

Vivek
Jun 27, 2007

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Is Adult Swim only airing two or three seasons? This must be the 5th time I've seen the episode where Bill loses his football record.

I saw this episode yesterday, and it confused me. How could Bill have the touchdown record? Didn't he play center?

Kannen
Apr 24, 2007

make this page more CAW CAW!!
As someone who dosen't give a poo poo about football, that episode never really bothered me, but aren't there quite a bit of continuity errors in this show?

Such as Dale's father having the exact same voice as him in one episode, (the one with the ventriloquist and his dummy) and then having a very high and effeminate voice when he reappears later, albeit as a gay dude.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Vivek posted:

I saw this episode yesterday, and it confused me. How could Bill have the touchdown record? Didn't he play center?

He played Fullback and was brought in on mostly goal line plays, although he did have some longer runs.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Vivek posted:

It showed a flashback and he lined up as center and then I guess on goal line situations he lined up behind the QB.

efb also nice name

OneeyedWIlly
Dec 12, 2005

LOL, LIMEWIRE
Man, I just saw the peggy kidnaps a mexican girl episode again for the first time in years, and now that I actually know a lot of spanish, I can appreceate how they actually make her bad spanish make sense, and she uses a ton of false cognates.

like when she means to say emberassed but emberrasado means pregnant

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

JethroMcB posted:

Boomhauer's recollection of what started the fire makes that episode.

Your Proud Pal
Sep 4, 2006

When Boomhauer called The Sports Jock and Chad at the start of the episode, saying it was Bill who set the record, he also said he was an offensive lineman.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Your Proud Pal posted:

When Boomhauer called The Sports Jock and Chad at the start of the episode, saying it was Bill who set the record, he also said he was an offensive lineman.

More like the Sports Jerk and Chad.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008

Kannen posted:

Such as Dale's father having the exact same voice as him in one episode, (the one with the ventriloquist and his dummy) and then having a very high and effeminate voice when he reappears later, albeit as a gay dude.

Maybe his voice changed once he accepted his sexuality.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

BlueBayou posted:

Maybe his voice changed once he accepted his sexuality.

GAAAAAAAAYYY ROOOOODEOOOOOOOO

Your Proud Pal
Sep 4, 2006

The Connie-gets-her-period episode plays host to one of my favorite Hank lines:

How many cows do you people eat in a year?
Wait, we figured this out once...

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Your Proud Pal posted:

The Connie-gets-her-period episode plays host to one of my favorite Hank lines:

How many cows do you people eat in a year?
Wait, we figured this out once...
That episode was on tonight's Adult Swim, it's a classic. I also remember seeing commercials for it on Fox when it was a new episode.

The first episode I remember seeing was the one where Bobby was diagnosed with ADD. I want to see it again for old time's sake.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Y-Hat posted:

The first episode I remember seeing was the one where Bobby was diagnosed with ADD. I want to see it again for old time's sake.

And there it goes...

robot roll call posted:

GAAAAAAAAYYY ROOOOODEOOOOOOOO

Ahahaha just reading it brings me to hysterics.
"Boomhauer and I are going to go out in the parking lot and make out...

We're both men!"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

My favorite thing about that episode is just how they're all having a good time until they find out its gay and THEN all of a sudden its horrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

My favorite thing about that episode is just how they're all having a good time until they find out its gay and THEN all of a sudden its horrible.

And that Bill continues wearing his rainbow tanktop.