Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
Any good YouTube channels for general photography tips/tricks/ideas/inspiration/gear/etc?

I followed DigitalRevCom for a while but they've really gone to poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer

krooj posted:

I really like your work.

Me too

krooj posted:

Yes they have. The Kai's presentation effort has fallen through the floor. They were cute for about a week after I discovered the videos, and now I don't even bother - it's just the same crap over and over. I can only imagine having to do that for a job. For some reason, Luminous Landscape really feels like a great site for reviews, tips, and general reading.

Yeah, I burned through a lot of the tutorial/help type videos in a couple weeks. I get that they are trying really hard to be the Top Gear UK of cameras, but there needs to be a better balance of quality/goofiness.

Thanks!

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
the thumbnail kinda looks like a dude farting/pissing/making GBS threads

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
his photos look like what you'd find in the art section of wal-mart. all that's missing is faded out uplifting words in a scripty font

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
People think that disabling Aero in Windows 7 gives better performance, but it's actually the opposite.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
I would legitimately pay $50 for original art made by a friend. That's not a lot of money for encouraging your friends' hobbies and you get something cool to keep out of it.

You pay more than $50 for poo poo rear end pixelated prints at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Sorry your friends are cheap :D

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer

this owns. you get one shot at this life and if you can figure out a way to sell computer screenshots for 100k a piece then you've succeeded.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
Put it in your next contract that they aren't allowed to repost on Instagram unless it's without a filter and they use the #nofilter hashtag :v:

Besides don't instagrams terms basically say that your photos belong to them and they can be used for any commercial purpose they want? Probably don't want your professional photos on there anyway.

(I realize this is probably entirely unrealistic to ask)

BANME.sh fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Aug 21, 2015

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2Q5lnAir3k

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
the vertical lines in the first one are triggering me pretty hard right now too

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
now even computers know that your photos are poo poo

http://news.mit.edu/2015/csail-deep-learning-algorithm-predicts-photo-memorability-near-human-levels-1215

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
what the hell is kodak thinking. this better not bankrupt them (again)

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
Cool old photography stuff on today's Objectivity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Xt55LyX5pU

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
The travel thread must be closed because I can't post in it from awful.app, so here goes:

I'm in Denver for the weekend, what's cool around here?

I don't mind driving an hour or two out of the city if something is really worth it.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
Anyone else find that asking questions on APUG is an exercise in frustration? Seems like all the greybeards there like to completely ignore details in your OP and go on about stuff you've already addressed.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer

Spedman posted:

What questions are you asking? I think we should be able to answer most here, unless it's some esoteric thing like making your own emulsions or whatever.

I thought I would get more responses about my OM-1 light meter being inaccurate. I've had two OM-1s in the past year and they both had broken meters. I used both a 675 zinc air hearing aid battery and an MR9 silver oxide adapter, and it didn't help. The MR9 adapter works perfectly in my Spotmatic F and my Olympus 35 SP, so I know it's good. I was just wondering if busted OM-1 meters were fairly common because its the only film camera that's given me so much grief with metering.

They suggested I try using a modern 1.5v battery because there's a chance the camera was modified in the past to use those instead. So I tried a 1.5v battery, reported back that the metering was still off, then got flooded with responses about how the OM-1 requires a 1.3V battery and 1.5V would of course give inaccurate readings :rolleyes:

BANME.sh fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Mar 16, 2016

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
http://petapixel.com/2016/03/14/problem-modern-lenses/ :allears:

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
I am pretty sure they had a dedicated light meter. If anything, framing without a viewfinder would have been the most difficult part.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer

HookShot posted:

Indigo is legitimately the biggest chain of books/random home poo poo in Canada.

They're the *only* chain, aren't they? They bought Chapters and Coles, so that just leaves independent and used book stores.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
I met and occasionally still meet Mightaswell IRL. We go to eachothers kids' birthdays. He is what you'd call a Chill Dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP-dCrqCDFw