Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012

mr. mephistopheles posted:

Also I don't know if anyone looked at the list of the best Reuters photos but I would say more than half of them are an uninspired, mediocre photo of an important or interesting event. There are a couple of really great photos on there to go with the great stories they are companion to, but most of them could have been taken by anybody with a camera that happened to be in the area at the time of the event. It's less the best photos of the year and more the companion photos to the most important or interesting news stories of the year. To be fair, some of the photos are "get whatever shot you can or you won't get any" and the quality can't be fairly judged, but a lot of them aren't.

I dunno dude, you might be missing the point of photojournalism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012

Paragon8 posted:

EXTREMELY NSFW
http://oldterry.tumblr.com/
EXTREMELY NSFW

It's not even a good NSFW, lots of pictures of Terry Richardson getting blown by transexual prostitutes.

I think it's pretty good NSFW.

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012
What more do you need?

NSFW, maybe

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012

Reichstag posted:

I hear RISC is the future.

It is, though.

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012
I thought you were playing on the RealMedia joke. But yeah, even x86 processors (I think as far back as the Pentium 4) translate their instructions to RISC-like instructions internally.

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012
Whatever happened to that Jony Ive Leica

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012
Yeah, that was the original intention. Looks like Sotheby’s just announced they're going to be auctioning it off in late November.

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012
All expensive art transactions are money laundering schemes.

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012
I still don't know if $100 is too high or too low but this is cool. Somebody in LA pick up some Larry Clark prints.

http://grantland.com/hollywood-prospectus/we-went-there-sifting-through-a-career-at-the-larry-clark-100-photo-sale-in-los-angeles/

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012
One of my coworkers never reuses SD cards for some reason so you could try that

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012

Awkward Davies posted:

Jesus someone take the thesaurus away from the author. This article is terribly written.

Yeah it reads like an awful grad school essay but she has some valid points.

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012
Hahah yeah that rules

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012

:eyepop:

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012
me and my best buds

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012
Found this shirt thrifting but it didn't fit me, unfortunately

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012
It's like a real vintage medium. Too small even for my waifish build. Was debating cutting it out and making a back patch

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012
Large format selfie stick

http://petapixel.com/2015/10/30/behold-a-selfie-stick-for-large-format-cameras/

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012

Choicecut posted:

Same here dude. I'd like to know stuff like what made them decide to take the photo. Was it the lines, colors, or what? I don't want to copy people in that thread, but take away elements from them and learn. The photos in there have pushed me toward trying out film too. Something I never would have tried probably.

you just need to charge your posting crystal

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012
Uniqlo models are stuntin

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012
Pretty sure it's a Mamiya 6

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012

TequilaJesus posted:

I'm buying a lens off Craigslist, which I've never done before. $675 for the Tamron 150-600 with VC. Anything I should watch for when I go to pick it up?

You're probably overpaying. You shouldn't pay eBay prices on Craigslist since you're absorbing some of the risk. On eBay you pay a premium so you can return it if it's different than they described (or return it outright if the seller offers it).