Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Martytoof posted:

As far as cameras in space go, all I can imagine is the mirror slapping open and sending a camera twirling in zero-g.
Well it does slap back down a fraction of a second later 8)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Keep your batteries in your pants pockets until you want to shoot :)

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

It's also a good tactical shield and flotation device.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Interview with Arnold Newman

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

I wiped my facebook account a couple of years back, but a few days ago a friend logged in next to me to show me his latest horizontal conquest. About half the people I knew were using photos I shot as profile pics, it was a pretty :shobon:-moment.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Do you really want to risk it? And I mean the card quality, not the sellers.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

I'd totally use that (without the motor drive).

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

If you let go of the camera before you feel the lock falling over the pin you deserve all the damage you'll get.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

TBH turning the camera around so the lens is facing you before you put the strap on your shoulder fixes 90% of issues. It only becomes problematic if you have a second body and need to put it on your left shoulder.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

http://tokyocamerastyle.com/

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

noss posted:

Hey Rhombus, too bad you're done shopping for the time being. I could have given you the most insane deal on a Pen F and a 38/1.8 MINTY fresh, with original stylish lenscap. I also have an XA and 35RC.
Want. PM.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

noss posted:

If Rhombus says he doesn't want it, it's yours.
I thought I had second dibs :cry:

pseudonordic posted:

Sidenote: I'm looking for an affordable working Pen F or FT because I have a Canon Demi S that has stopped working. Would anyone happen to know of someone who could perhaps repair it? :3:
If you can find an Olympus 35 RD they're pretty nice too.

evil_bunnY fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Dec 1, 2009

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

That's a great list brad, thanks.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Hot Cops posted:

What kind of scrilla are you paying for that place, Brad?

Also, are there any issues one has to worry about when renting (I assume you're renting) a live-in commercial space?

You probably need to split surface/usage for tax purposes (you do in the Netherlands, but I assume it's the same in the US), and insurance can be a pain (no idea if that's the case in the US).

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

There's already enough tech across the brands to make a pretty compelling machine once they get their heads out of their collective asses.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Skiing with ŕ 85mm up to your face: not loving recommended :toot:

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

DJExile posted:

OK you really can't tease us with that without the rest of the story. :f5:
Was on holiday shooting friends goofing around on snowboards. Track turned to powder. I managed to keep the camera out of the pow, but a friend has a pretty hilarious "after" shot of me in the lift where my outfit picked up a distinct white cast.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Turns out F bodies are pretty good at stopping bullets :toot:

TsarAleksi posted:

Naturally, but it could be termed exploitative if there were 1 or 100 shooters.

You're either missing the point or seriously comparing warfare to sports with regards to the suffering they inflict on populations.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

It's loving retarded. Pisses me off every time I want to grab pics from friends with Macs and iPhoto.
Plus it means file-based back-ups are out the window. Have fun with your time machine I guess.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Solid state rules so hard.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Pretty cool talk about not-CNN-worthy photography by Ryan Lobo.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Nah it's just a rig with a shoulder stock.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Hahaha that's amazing Ringo 8)

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Interrupting Moss posted:

I just wonder: why not a loving wetsuit or something man?
Pretty much this. Couple hundred bucks would have easily spared him the Hook Worm Experience.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

HPL posted:

The annoying thing is that all Nikon has to do is figure out how to make a bigger die fabrication machine and bam, cheaper full frame sensors.
You don't understand how manufacturing silicon works.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Paragon8 posted:

I dunno, full frame is still held up as the pinnacle of SLR quality by "serious" amateurs.
No one's saying they'll stop making FF sensors. It's just hilariously hard to make big honking sensors efficiently.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Whoa Now posted:

If only you'd had a $100 filter, you would have busted that instead of your precious lens!

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

AIIAZNSK8ER posted:

c'mon, all I need is some backup.
What do you mean?

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

If you're going to carry it, a netbook with an SSD is pretty bulletproof.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

If your OS and hardware was made in the last decade the heads will park when it goes to sleep, but the no moving parts is the big thing. And you can get a very nice SSD for 200 bucks, which *will* make a difference, especially when reading/writing. Which is what you'd do with a machine like that.
LR must loving suck at netbook screen res though.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

torgeaux posted:

On the other hand, a photography road trip or vacation would be fantastic. My wife, I believe, might disagree.
2 things I like about shooting in groups (no matter the size):
- no one minds waiting 2 minutes for you to set up a shot
- assuming you're not old and decrepit, people just assume you're either students or tourists and leave you alone.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

poopinmymouth posted:

I cannot wait till Sony´s back illuminated sensors make it into DSLRs.
That stuff is so :circlefap: for people shooting lovely available light it's not funny.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

kefkafloyd posted:

Back-illuminated technology only gives gains on very, very dense sensors (e.g. small pocket camera sensors). The marginal gains on a larger sensor with bigger photosites is much less pronounced.
Do you have a source/explanation for this? Now I'm curious.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

I don't get this. Why hand the camera over if you know they can't use it?
poo poo I let people use my F3 all the time; I just get a ballpark aperture on it and tell them what the focus ring is for.
Same with digital, how much trouble is it to stick it on Program + Single and tell them to focus with the center point?

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

HPL posted:

Well, manual focus while drunk anyway.
Manual focus while drunk crew :ssh::hf::toot:

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Either of the 35mm Nikkors would work peachy. If you're a poor bastard (and you don't shoot film), the f/1.8's probably better.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

The aperture ring doesn't have to be linked 1:1 to the aperture mechanism.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

So you can stop positively ID'ing L glass as RPG's, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

RC choppers are indeed loving hard to fly without crashing them, and harder still to fly well.