Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Greybone
May 25, 2003

Not the red cross.
I'm not entirely sure this is the right thread, but I was browsing for studios in Norway and one of the bigger chains uses this for their advertisements:

http://www.fame.no/images/tilb.jpg

I had to post it somewhere, cause drat!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greybone
May 25, 2003

Not the red cross.

AIIAZNSK8ER posted:

Perhaps you could fill us in on your find. Are you shocked at how glow-y they made these people as an advertisement of their service?

Well yes, it looks horrible to my novice eyes at least. Considering they are one of the more expensive studios, I thought it was pretty funny.

Greybone
May 25, 2003

Not the red cross.
So how is this supposed to work: Roman Abramovich zaps snappers with laser shield

I mean, sure, I could imagine being able to manually target this thing to some obvious huge lens, but the various articles seems to imply that it is able to automatically block off any sort of camera which seems pretty insane.

Greybone
May 25, 2003

Not the red cross.

Tincans posted:

And back on topic

I... uh.. 16 kilos?? http://www.dpreview.com/news/0801/08013101sigma250500.asp

Jesus Christ

Greybone
May 25, 2003

Not the red cross.

Whitezombi posted:

Canon 1200mm f/5.6L EF USM Only $120,000 - used - comes with free lens cover!

The description is great:

quote:

With an angle-of- view of about 2° on a full-frame 35 mm camera, calling this lens a 'tele' is like calling King Kong a monkey.

.. custom trunk case with wheels that holds the original trunk case, and a prodigious measure of ego satisfaction.

Pack mule not included.

Greybone
May 25, 2003

Not the red cross.

spog posted:

And it replaces a previous avatar which caused people to hate me, but I've lost my copy of it.

http://fi.somethingawful.com/customtitles/title-spog.jpg
:)

You can usually find all your previous avatars by hacking the url a bit.

Greybone
May 25, 2003

Not the red cross.

psylent posted:

On the other hand, I just got my Canon lens cup. I don't drink coffee, and I prefer to drink out of glass so I think I'm going to plant a cactus in it and keep it on my desk at work.

That is awesome, I just got the same exact cup, and I can't stop giggling to myself whenever I go get more coffee now :)

How come no one thought about this before?

Greybone
May 25, 2003

Not the red cross.
Oh no...

Cup

Greybone
May 25, 2003

Not the red cross.
I just watched City of God, without really knowing anything about it beforehand.
It reminded me why I love photography.

Greybone
May 25, 2003

Not the red cross.
Finally bought a Spyder 3 pro today since it was heavily rebated - holy poo poo!
Sorry for the last 2 years of bad colors everyone :o:

Greybone
May 25, 2003

Not the red cross.

Spedman posted:

I have a second screen at work, and when I'm goofing off playing with some shots in lightroom the laptop and 2nd screen are VERY different colour wise.

How much did you pay for the Spyder? I've been musing about getting one for a while.

$171 in NOK, down from $240 - Norway is expensive I'm guessing.

Greybone
May 25, 2003

Not the red cross.

AIIAZNSK8ER posted:

I forgot my camera battery, and am at a winery trip. FFFUUUUUUUU

It's the worst, you're guaranteed to see some amazing things now :)

I've ran out a couple of times, always at the worst possible moments.
Thus I bought a grip and 2 extra batteries.
Then I forgot to bring the third on my next trip, and both grip batteries ran out at once.

:(

Greybone
May 25, 2003

Not the red cross.

DJExile posted:

You could beat someone to death with that 70-200 lens hood.

How easy it is to beat someone to death with things really should be the standard metric for photographic equipment.

Greybone
May 25, 2003

Not the red cross.
Last time I heard about this someone was using a laser trigger along with some insane high-speed flash he built himself (!) to do freeze frames of bullets piercing things, it was pretty cool.

Anyone know who that was?

Greybone
May 25, 2003

Not the red cross.
I was just scraping some of the burnt pieces off my toast and thought to myself "Hmm, this is just like using the adjustment brush in lightroom with +exposure!"

gently caress

Greybone
May 25, 2003

Not the red cross.

DanTheFryingPan posted:

Leica cut open.

2 million dollar Leica, intact..

Greybone
May 25, 2003

Not the red cross.
Once you see the sadface in the yellow bokeh that image will be really annoying :(

Greybone
May 25, 2003

Not the red cross.
This thread is as good as any to say that group shot post processing is driving the overly perfectionist me loving insane! Could I get ONE SINGLE SHOT out of 20 where everyone in the group manages to look somewhat normal? Without blinking, doing gorilla faces or looking like they just got shot in face? :(

Greybone
May 25, 2003

Not the red cross.
http://www.vgtv.no/#!id=49699 Warning! Norwegian moon language ahead!

They claim their race horse was spooked into gallop by a press photographer right before crossing the finish line and getting disqualified as a result.

I see the guy, but I don't see any camera? They're banning photogs from standing there from now on as a result.

I can see how it would suck to lose if that was the case, but it's not like he was using 1/1 flash or springing out of the bushes or anything. Strange.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greybone
May 25, 2003

Not the red cross.

atomicthumbs posted:

disable javascript to bring down this wall

Not much of a wall, is it :)