Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

A literally perfect photo to sum up Britain - http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/the-creation-manchester-internet-reacts-10675641

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Posted this in the General Q thread because I forgot that there is indeed a General Chat thread, might be useful to those who don’t read there. It’s probably not new news, but could save you some $.

EL BROMANCE posted:

Just because we don’t really have a general discussion thread, I read on one of the Facebook groups people were getting good results from ‘cancelling’ their adobe subscriptions today. Seems the best deal is if you pay yearly, but I pay for the $9.99 photography pack for Lightroom/Photoshop and going through the process it gave me 60 days for free, so worthwhile enough for a minutes work. Others saw $hundreds saved.

Just log into your adobe.com account, go to your package and click the cancel link. I had to click 2 or 3 ‘continues’ (the last one kinda read like it was the final decision) then it puts up a page of offers for you with the top one being the best.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I kinda wanted a similar app as I did a ton of photos while on a boat so it needs similar treatment, but oh no

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

xzzy posted:

lol at anyone paying attention to anything that comes from fstoppers, the site that managed to be an even shittier source of photography information than petapixel.

Remember when they fat shamed someone in a comments section then when called out on it they put out a video saying “it totally wasn’t us, because we would’ve said something funnier” rather than apologize.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Resurrecting a thread that hasn’t had a post in it for nearly a year because a lady in a beginner photography Facebook group just shelled out $2,300 for an f/1.2 lens because someone told her to get a 50mm.

Zero indication in the comments that this is a poo poo post.