Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shugyousha
Sep 24, 2007
Just (s)trolling by...
I will probably get to go to Japan in April and realized that there are shops in Akihabara selling Topre and Filco keyboards :woop: Looking forward to giving them a spin (a tap?) in the shop if the shop keepers let me...

(And I just ordered a Cherry G80 3000 with blue switches around a week ago too...)

I am using a Cherry Cymotion Expert at the moment, which I understand is a rubber dome keyboard with quite special key pressing characteristics, though there is not that much information about that model out there. Maybe I will write up a little review as soon as I get a nice something to compare it with. Would anybody already know how the Cherry Cymotion Expert experience compares to Cherry blue, brown or Topre switches?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugyousha
Sep 24, 2007
Just (s)trolling by...
I have a question for the more knowledgeable in here: I bought a Cherry G83-3000 with blue switches and shortly after that a Filco Tenkeyless with browns. Loving the Filco build quality, I am now wondering whether the blues in a Filco would have different type characteristics than the ones in the (cheaper built) G83, since I heard that Filco mounts the switches on a separate plate (which Cherry does not seem to do with the G83-3000 model).

In other words: Has anyone here experienced plate- and not-plate-mounted Cherry blues and cares to enlighten me regarding possible differences?

• Locked thread