Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squish
Nov 22, 2007

Unrelenting.
Lipstick Apathy
I've always used $10 cheapie keyboards and I find that they have just the right amount of bounce in the keys for me.

My question is - what is the layout called, where the backslash key and the shift key are below the enter key?

lovely mspaint sketch:

So far I've never been able to give it a name, and instead have to rely on a clunky description like the above. I'm very experienced in destroying keyboards (hence my reliance on cheapies), and I'm down to my last one with this specific layout. (I hate using WASD for games).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squish
Nov 22, 2007

Unrelenting.
Lipstick Apathy

Carnivean posted:

How are you destroying them?

I am a clumsy slob. So not only do I have my drink near the computer, but I spill it on my keyboard(s). It hasn't happened for a while, partly through my newfound strict policy of placing things away from the keyboard.

Also, the last one wasn't my doing - there were people over for a party who not only decided to help themselves to my computer, but also install poo poo on it and spill a drink on the keyboard.

And not tell me, so that by the time I found out it was well hosed and no chance of cleaning it. (I've had keyboards survive spills multiple times, by cleaning them immediately).

chizad posted:

I call that layout "wrong". :P
I call it awesome, because I have an extra key for my FPS games. I usually bind it to crowbar/gauntlet/etc. for rapid happy slapping in deathmatch.

Squish
Nov 22, 2007

Unrelenting.
Lipstick Apathy
Thanks for that. I managed to pick up a couple with the "classic" layout at a garage sale a few days ago.

Still, a new one is always nice to type one.

I guess it's just called "L-shaped enter key with large backspace" rather than some kind of name...

Squish
Nov 22, 2007

Unrelenting.
Lipstick Apathy
Speaking of dumb oversized enter keys, what is this layout called?

Excuse the gross keyboard chow, but this layout is incredibly hard to find.

I'm talking about the half-sized shift key, with the \ key below enter. This is the only layout that I like; I don't particularly care about the large enter key either way.

• Locked thread